It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry you are too weak to learn about these things

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: BoneSay

Do I think it is okay to keep my kids ignorant until a certain age?

Yes i do..

You see, I prefer my kids remain convinced they are going to change the world one day.

Peace

I"m going to hide all the knowledge i have so my kids grow up without it and i won't help them understand all the current world so they have a better chance than me to fix it and change it"

"Also, i will tell them they can chance the world while avoiding all the problem because it is not conveniente for me"

"And also, if they ask i will tell them to wait until they are adults and it's not my problem anymore and then they will go out there and figure out i wasted all their teenage years avoiding the complicated issues because it was easier for me and then they will go all crazy and need safe spaces or so frustrated they will just go along with whatever it's happening and get a dumb job and spend the rest of their lives waiting to die and being mediocre"

Perfect sense it makes.

Do you want them to succeed in changing the world, or just "think" they can until they figure out they are not prepared to do it and give and and turn mediocre and just be part of the masses?

So that they later have kids and repeat?

edit on 18-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I would suggest looking into what "novel/novelty" means. Its actually the polar opposite of becoming the same as.. well.. anything.

Now, for me, I actually believe that the so-called age of maturity has been artificially raised by technology. That's one of those issues that would take generations to fix. There are quite a few of those, including our Cultural Story in general, and it seems we have lost the ability to address long-term stuff.

That said, despite nearly everyone being in a rush to grow up in their younger years.. its a trap! There are pros there, certainly, but there are also cons. Interestingly (to me anyway), I think this typical rush coincides with the inflation of that age of maturity.

I would have to say though, a lot of what you have assumed about myself exists solely in your head. All of our interactions with others are this way, if ya wanted to get technical about it. But, its far too normal and common that the picture in our head is of our own making and not related to reality.

I mean, do you actually know about me or my life enough to make the statements you have? Or is it assumption based on what you think I am saying? Those are important questions at absolutely any age and far too many simply do not ask themselves.

As for wasting time, I can't say I agree. The couple of minutes to post is something I give freely. My time is given without obligation or expectation (such things are important in some circles).

If you need someone to talk to (or preferably "with"), let me know. This world has a habit of making us think we are forging new trails while we are simply adding our steps on paths countless others have already tread. True novelty is really quite rare and unique, but achievable all the same. Passion, idealism, and zeal are great, but they only yield the results we desire if directed very, very specifically. When they are dispersed by generality, its like so much dust in the wind.

You are not alone though. There are those that care, and see beyond any individual thread you might create.

I don't even know anymore, i can't read well right now so i'm sorry to say i missed a few of the things you said because my head is hurting a lot while trying to read right now, it is late and i'm really so tired that i can't really focus, i will try again tomorrow

One thing i can say is that telling someone to wait until you get us is the same as saying "wait until you give up and you get how we are all in the same doomed place" instead of helping out and i'm so tired of that. If i would actually say what i thnk about it i would get banned for sure

When i said wasted time i was thinking about how much time i spent trying to understand how other people here think and how they grew up to it, but i was unable to explain well

You see English is my third language and i have seen constantly that i am unable to actually write meaningful things when i want to write them the most, i write things that later turn out to mean something else somehow, i don't even get it but it happens a lot and people always assume the worst

I learned to understand that, and so even on my introduction thread i mention that i some times not get it right, but i know people won't care or even try to figure it out, it is all about shooting down first asking questions later

I don't care much anymore, anyways

I won't come back anyways because what i was hoping to find never happened, it was all about taking me down from most people and what a dumb thing to happen, this and that and everything but i will never accept you is the general feeling. Mediocrity is the word

So oh well

Truly unable to read them all your words, however i can write about how i feel very fast as you can see, even if i my lots of mistakes

I wonder a few things about what you say but i feel it very hard to figure out here at this point

My eyes are stupidly bad right now so i'm going to let go and be fine with anything else. hyperopia is a stupid illnes sorry

I can tell you i can write on the phone but can't even read back what i'm writing at this point lmfao!

Going away now, thanks for you reply

I wanted to say a bit more about it, i'm very tired now but i will just say this,

I hope i can be understood a bit at least, before going away

So here, you can't see or feel what i feel or see out there, you are sasuming that the world how you want to teach it to us is the same world you know. It is not, you don't understand, there's a lot else going on out here and you don't know about it, trying to fit us to what you think its the world is not right, you don't see, you are not out here with all the crap, you missing somethig veyr important, there's no one to come around to ask if the people who are the ones to know don't even see

Please don't read me wrong, i will for sure read your full answer but not tody, i have copied to the notes and will read it other day once i can, i for sure want to think about it, is jsut that it doesn't make much sense to me but i don't know, right now i just don't know anything i will just go sleep

Thank you again for replying, going away now < 3

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I can say this for sure

17 years, 322 day after i was born, everything is crap

Tomorrow day 323, another day to figure out stupid idiotic thing once again with getting blanket statements because people don't have a real clue about what's going on or it more convienent to not even bother and they are all just waiting to die one day, eventually, hopefully for them

LMFAO

I found so much stuff and so little stuff here, i could not even begin to explain which one was best

But i was hoping for something better, i found better stuff out there on the streets for sure,

Turns out living under a park bench asking for food and money gets you more understanding on how the real world works and prepares better for the future, people hate to have to think abotu answers about things they can't understand and just fake it out, because they don't have a clue about what they are doing or how to explain

i don't even know why iu though this was a better way,i'm out

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I'll take your word for it...

I have got to be honest with you, I've got six kids ranging from 6 to 16 years old and never did I have the notion I knew what I was doing. Just trying to keep the amount of trauma's down to a minimum and make sure they have a carefree childhood.

I could see how viewing a YouTube with my six year old about some man in the dessert cutting off somebody else's head is going to give her a much better perspective of the world but right now I'm even having a hard time pointing out the lack in her artwork and spelling...

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I'll take your word for it...

I have got to be honest with you, I've got six kids ranging from 6 to 16 years old and never did I have the notion I knew what I was doing. Just trying to keep the amount of trauma's down to a minimum and make sure they have a carefree childhood.

I could see how viewing a YouTube with my six year old about some man in the dessert cutting off somebody else's head is going to give her a much better perspective of the world but right now I'm even having a hard time pointing out the lack in her artwork and spelling...

Peace

Still looking away

Let me explain other way

- Hi, I'm Sayra, i'll be 18 next December 25
- Hey Sayra, good for you!!!!! hopefully you are prepared to be an adult now, and we leave the wolrd in your hands! Don't dissapoint girl!
- Oh way but i don't even know what's up, how does it work? No one told me how this world is all about and i can't figure it out, can i ask some questions about it?
- Oh girl, you 18 and you don't know? You are an adult now!!!!
- How dumb you are? Get a job! I told you how you can change the world on your own!
- I know! but i can't change it because i don't even know how it works!
- I want change it but no one hires me, i don't have "experience"
- Oh you are a waste of time, and you're spending my taxes!
- What can i do?
- Stop complaining dumb girl! Go to your "safe space"! You kids now days are useless i tell you!

You are assuming lots of things

Of course it is not just about a youtube video, it is in general about how you are avoiding teaching the entire thing, how you not see this? Are you skipping the hard parts in favor of you not having to deal with them?

I am honestly tired of the entire thing, i just came to say this because i feel like you are preparing your own kids to failure while telling them they are ready for success and you dn't even know how it is going to happen

I just hate when people try to slow me down when i already can go ahead, what's the deal? I can get better things than people telling me off because they can't explain or are afraid to do, and focusing on youtube just because that's how i got fed up is lame to be honest, figure out the rest quickly, why the focus on one thing only? Evading the real issue is all about again

but oh well, i'm out as i said, keep going with the garden of the mind and all such stuff

Wish you best

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BoneSay, you write this:

I just hate when people try to slow me down when i already can go ahead, what's the deal? I

Yet you went to lengths stating the complete opposite in recent conversation.

What operationmindcrime is trying to tell you that kids should be left kids as long as possible. They are still innocent and do not have to be bothered with adult politics, transgender, war etc. They grow up fast enough in todays time.

I know, currently you´re in a state where you´re not able to grasp it, we were all there. And this is why -you do it all the time- some reference on your age.

Your first sentence is "I´m still looking away". Ask yourself what impression you make on others. Not for the sake of your ego but really try to change perspective.

And you should stop rambling those made up conversations in your head, it does not help and only shows how far you "think" ahead and interpret, you make up your mind. Open your mind and horizont.

No hate, I´m just trying to point something out to you.

edit on 18-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

But are you honestly assuming that the people who expect you to be an adult have any more answers??

I'm 41 next month and I'm still guessing my way through life..

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Who knows lmao, but every other day i'm being told here that yes, older people knows better and i just to shut up and go along and become them

is like whataver i say or think has to be rejected our of the idea that " we know better even if we are wrong"

I don't assume anything, i want to know more, i hit a wall here, no one cares but to reject, how is thia any worth?

i have to get away from this, I'm frustrated and getting nowhere, you don't get it at all

just let us say good bye and we all keep going, ok?

bye

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
BoneSay, you write this:

I just hate when people try to slow me down when i already can go ahead, what's the deal? I

Yet you went to lengths stating the complete opposite in recent conversation.

What operationmindcrime is trying to tell you that kids should be left kids as long as possible. They are still innocent and do not have to be bothered with adult politics, transgender, war etc. They grow up fast enough in todays time.

I know, currently you´re in a state where you´re not able to grasp it, we were all there. And this is why -you do it all the time- some reference on your age.

Your first sentence is "I´m still looking away". Ask yourself what impression you make on others. Not for the sake of your ego but really try to change perspective.

And you should stop rambling those made up conversations in your head, it does not help and only shows how far you "think" ahead and interpret, you make up your mind. Open your mind and horizont.

No hate, I´m just trying to point something out to you.

There is alwaaaaaaaaaaays a way to turn things around in pointless conversation, i don't even care anymore, you say that i should open my mind to "horizont" and you keep complaining about how the current generation and safe spaces and stuff. You just are too much into the old ways that you don't even realize how much you have lost your way

Just look at your past comments when i had not even talked about anything at all related to it and you brought it all about how we are a failure in your eyes.

This coming from your is pointless, anything you may had to say has just been invalidated by your own ways, you are way beyond now

So pointless conversation again, come one!

You keep talking about how you see your own world, you just don't get it, you are not living on the world you think you are, you destroyed it but you keep expecting things that don't exist anymore, thanks to your generation failures

And you complain all of you, just like you did past thread and so

How terrible this is, you just can't get it, you are clueless in the worst possible way

I'm so done with this, just don't bother mister, it is pointless conversation, honestly

I feel compassion now

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Im going to log out and be done with it

it's obvious i don't fit here and so what's the point, so much wasted time, i can't speak up and it is mostly about agreing with each other and it is ridiculous how threads like this one go alone with the rest

let's just stop here, it is a shame

Just keep going as usual and just stop with this dumb issue, it became an eye sore and zero smart things to talk about, so let us stop right now

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Yeah I think it is best we stop trying to understand each other...

Exactly this is what we call a generation gap. You think I was proud of my parents and how their generation build the world I grew up in? Do you think I liked it when they said I was wrong when my eyes said something else? Bunch of hypocrites...

I was (and still am) pretty sure they screwed up big time and I know my generation failed yours in a lot of ways as well.

I'm also pretty sure your generation will repeat the process and I guess this dynamics is healthy and necessary.

Question everything, stand up for your values and don't take *** from anybody.

Go build us a better world.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well, I refrain from using the word lying, but you make up stuff on the fly and pass it away as truth, for example me

"complaining about how the current generation and safe spaces and stuff. "

This is a good example. You have made up your mind like a truculent child that destroys something because it´s angry that can´t have it´s way. So instead of reading the words, you make up your opinion on the fly.

I bet you do not even read correctly but just skim over others posts and whatever word sticks in your head, you go off on a tangent forever. Then you begin to post made up conversation between several voices in your head to try to proof some point or how the conversation will go in future.

You can also always leave a thread but what you don´t do -and I´m only writing this because you do it constantly- is to have a say who is allowed to reply in a thread and dictate the way he has to do it.

Have a nice day, I hope you will someday jump over your ego or whatever hinders you from reading a text and not interpretting evil stuff into it all the time.
edit on 18-11-2018 by verschickter because: my keyboard keeps swallowing chars if I type too fast.. appologies

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I know that you missed a few things, and that's ok. I wrote with that in mind. Its easy to miss things normally, much less when struggling a bit.

I'd have to say that you actually speak English quite well. Even if it was your first language, folks are going to misunderstand things. I think that's just the nature of communication. Its a very imprecise thing.

I do get what you are saying about making the world a better place. Its actually an immensely difficult topic, and one which I have dedicated my life.

When you have someone like me (who probably isn't as old as you think) advise to "wait and see," its absolutely not a matter of giving up, conforming, or becoming like anyone else.

Its more about you becoming you. The amazing thing about that process isn't just self-discovery, its also in finding the ways we are "just like everyone." And, just as importantly, that its not always a bad thing. In fact, it can be the basis of some of the most incredible, deep connections you can make with others!

Trying to figure out how others think probably isn't nearly as important as figuring out how we think ourselves. Both are easily lifelong endeavors as well. I'd encourage you not to give up, because it really is a fascinating topic, but its good to look everywhere for "data." Folks act differently in different social environments and the comparisons themselves can be enlightening.

Can't take much of the interactions personally though, especially on the internet.

When it comes to changing the world for the better, most (again, of any age) only think of the end goal ideal. Then, most will try to force that change as fast as possible through any means necessary. This is probably one of the biggest causes of things actually getting worse. We have to determine what is actually "better," how to get there without making things worse, and try to do it all in a way that enables a natural progression. Its probably a topic that has been debated since the dawn of "civilization." Meaning, the society we see today is actually the result of people thinking they are making things better.

Most will simply try to make everyone be like them in every way, which turns out badly. Even so, hiding in the mix are lessons we can take about how to actually create a society of individuals. It is not always easy to tell which is which either, its subtle. Just like any life lesson though, sometimes what we learn can be horribly unpleasant.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yeah I think it is best we stop trying to understand each other...

Exactly this is what we call a generation gap. You think I was proud of my parents and how their generation build the world I grew up in? Do you think I liked it when they said I was wrong when my eyes said something else? Bunch of hypocrites...

I was (and still am) pretty sure they screwed up big time and I know my generation failed yours in a lot of ways as well.

I'm also pretty sure your generation will repeat the process and I guess this dynamics is healthy and necessary.

Question everything, stand up for your values and don't take *** from anybody.

Go build us a better world.

Peace

I don't want to stop trying to understand, what i don't like it to be told "you are wrong because that's not how it is for me so stay quiet and grow up to be like me and then we can talk". It doesn't make any sense

I know about the generation gap thing but i feel like it really could be different

Like for example my grand father died in 2011 at 99 or so, i was 10

He knew his days were numbered about when i turned 8, so he just started teaching all sorts of stuff like how to care for his guns, how to go hunt, how to shoot and plenty other stuff he had learned all his life, and he sent me to camps and training and lots of other things, he never ran away from any difficult questions and he was clear to say "i don't know" and would try to get a real answer or get someone else to explain that actually knew, just like that

I learned lots of stuff and i can see that even if he was way to apart from my world he did not bother with dumb things like "we did it better on our time" or stuff like that, at all. He was trying to give me all he could from his mind and never tried to put a stop to learning or my questioning

I understand how his world worked because he let me know but never tried to impose it on me, i think he understood that it was not possible but instead he was supposed to transfer knowledge as much as possible, but not the mistakes

I know that generation messed up things badly for a lot of people, but they never shy away from it, at least some of them knew and prevented or tried to prevent it from happening again, instead of saying things like "we went through so hard times, you don't even know so stop complaining about the small things in your world" because it doesn't make sense like this,

If you can only see a window where light enters a bit every day and you have never gone out, you will probably complain about how much light you can get and at which times, even if outside other people are dying of hunger and you are well fed but hidden away from the world, that's all you know, that room, isn't it? so that's your world, how could someone expect you to understand that there are bigger issues out there? If you never been out or had it explained to you?

Not sure if it makes sense but i hope i was able to explain that one, i'm just trying to type all i can think right now, i know it is probably too wordy sorry

Thanks for your reply

Also one thing makes me wonder at times, my grand father was way older than my grandmother, like almost 30 years older, and yet they had my mom, which also was probably completely confused by having an old parent and turned bad at some point, i don't even talk to her anymore except a couple days a month but i feel like she made the same mistake probably because i can't get her at all or her choices, i don't think people should have kids if they are way beyond a generation gap, because life becomes miserable if you are talking to your dad or mom and there's a wall between you all, because of so much age difference

I used to get angry about that long ago but i don't even care anymore

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I know that you missed a few things, and that's ok. I wrote with that in mind. Its easy to miss things normally, much less when struggling a bit.

I'd have to say that you actually speak English quite well. Even if it was your first language, folks are going to misunderstand things. I think that's just the nature of communication. Its a very imprecise thing.

I do get what you are saying about making the world a better place. Its actually an immensely difficult topic, and one which I have dedicated my life.

When you have someone like me (who probably isn't as old as you think) advise to "wait and see," its absolutely not a matter of giving up, conforming, or becoming like anyone else.

Its more about you becoming you. The amazing thing about that process isn't just self-discovery, its also in finding the ways we are "just like everyone." And, just as importantly, that its not always a bad thing. In fact, it can be the basis of some of the most incredible, deep connections you can make with others!

Trying to figure out how others think probably isn't nearly as important as figuring out how we think ourselves. Both are easily lifelong endeavors as well. I'd encourage you not to give up, because it really is a fascinating topic, but its good to look everywhere for "data." Folks act differently in different social environments and the comparisons themselves can be enlightening.

Can't take much of the interactions personally though, especially on the internet.

When it comes to changing the world for the better, most (again, of any age) only think of the end goal ideal. Then, most will try to force that change as fast as possible through any means necessary. This is probably one of the biggest causes of things actually getting worse. We have to determine what is actually "better," how to get there without making things worse, and try to do it all in a way that enables a natural progression. Its probably a topic that has been debated since the dawn of "civilization." Meaning, the society we see today is actually the result of people thinking they are making things better.

Most will simply try to make everyone be like them in every way, which turns out badly. Even so, hiding in the mix are lessons we can take about how to actually create a society of individuals. It is not always easy to tell which is which either, its subtle. Just like any life lesson though, sometimes what we learn can be horribly unpleasant.

Thanks for your reply, i think this makes a lot of sense, i don't like several things about how things are done and i have never been shy to avoid asking about whatever i feel i want to learn or understand

I think it is dumb to select a specific age to suddenly mean someone becomes an adult and then not prepare them for real for that age and assume they will somehow know and figure it out or otherwise they are a failure as an adult

I need to think more about what you wrote but thanks for your words, when i opened this thread i was very frustrated because i thought it was ridiculous that someone has a say in what other people can learn when they don't even know the person, is like a blanket "don't look" statement for everyone just because one single person was not capable of looking

It made me angry for real

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Well, I refrain from using the word lying, but you make up stuff on the fly and pass it away as truth, for example me

"complaining about how the current generation and safe spaces and stuff. "

This is a good example. You have made up your mind like a truculent child that destroys something because it´s angry that can´t have it´s way. So instead of reading the words, you make up your opinion on the fly.

I bet you do not even read correctly but just skim over others posts and whatever word sticks in your head, you go off on a tangent forever. Then you begin to post made up conversation between several voices in your head to try to proof some point or how the conversation will go in future.

You can also always leave a thread but what you don´t do -and I´m only writing this because you do it constantly- is to have a say who is allowed to reply in a thread and dictate the way he has to do it.

Have a nice day, I hope you will someday jump over your ego or whatever hinders you from reading a text and not interpretting evil stuff into it all the time.

No i have never told anyone to stop posting, i answer and don't run away, i chose for me to leave the thread, that's what i said, not for everyone else

You see this is what i mean by the English language thing, i say something, somehow it means something else for other people and they assume things

I don't want to keep arguing about "you vs me" i have said that before to you by way, it is pointless

I want to know why i can't learn things i need or want to learn and why someone else is choosing for me when they can't even the the world right or even try at this point, it is not anything related at all with "you vs me"

But like on my other thread about what to say to a person that it is feeling bad instead of the blanket statement of "smile and your day will be better" this thread also somehow started to turn into the same stuff of "you vs us" and it's pointless to go into that road again and again and again every single time

We can go full cycle again but it would be so boring, i don't have anything else to say about this, i complained about not being able to see something, because someone decided that i'm not able to handle it. That has nothing to do with what you are saying

And no, i have never said anything about people should stop posting, post all you want and talk about it, i say i'm out, you keep going as much as you want, if you want. If not well don't, it's on your side

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow...... Prime example of how people can read what they want to out of something..... Repeatedly and get something totally different than what's being said..... I havemt seen so many members attacked so vehemently for honestly just trying to provide a solution to another members problem.....

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Wow...... Prime example of how people can read what they want to out of something..... Repeatedly and get something totally different than what's being said..... I havemt seen so many members attacked so vehemently for honestly just trying to provide a solution to another members problem.....

Everything in this world has two ways to look at it, it all depends on which side are you looking from

i kind of get the other side, however i'm trying to get through, failing badly as usual. Mostly, no one cares to listen at all, it is fixed in that things are the way the are, and trying to change them is forbidden, so pointless conversation then.
edit on 21-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
Everything in this world has two ways to look at it

Everything in this world has billions of ways to look at it!

And, that's just considering our species at a specific, static moment in time. There might be similarities, but individual neurology precludes truly identical ways of looking at anything.

The illusion is deepened by how we agree and disagree. When we agree, we tend to be significantly less critical in general, so the differences are simply absent from conversation and perception. When we disagree, we tend to do the opposite; we are strongly critical even if there is something agreeable. When generalized into social groups, this gives rise to "sides."

I think its a shame for a multitude of reasons, but my main gripes are that this obfuscates the true expanse of our civilization and the universe itself, as well as enabling an environment that is fertile for pretty much every social issue in existence.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
Everything in this world has two ways to look at it

Everything in this world has billions of ways to look at it!

And, that's just considering our species at a specific, static moment in time. There might be similarities, but individual neurology precludes truly identical ways of looking at anything.

The illusion is deepened by how we agree and disagree. When we agree, we tend to be significantly less critical in general, so the differences are simply absent from conversation and perception. When we disagree, we tend to do the opposite; we are strongly critical even if there is something agreeable. When generalized into social groups, this gives rise to "sides."

I think its a shame for a multitude of reasons, but my main gripes are that this obfuscates the true expanse of our civilization and the universe itself, as well as enabling an environment that is fertile for pretty much every social issue in existence.

Yeah i was not clear enough, i was thinking about a debate or conversation between two people who disagree, in that case there are only two points of view. If a third person joined with another view the. there would be three and so on yeah

but mostly you can't have everyone agree on everything, wouldn't you need for all people to be the same to get there? that sound even worse than having a few argument here and there, if everyone was the same and in agreement then things would not be good really, robots are not happy

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join