It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 76 Beta: Ultra ScrubLord Edition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Welp, every new bit of info about the game sounds worse and worse.

I mean the core mechanics are there I guess, you know it plays like an fps (claps) but uh yeah, hope you like voice recordings and the same type of go here kill x collect loot.

Glad I didn't preorder this hot pile, and honestly I cannot reward these kind of bs, least amt of effort in hopes for most amount of money.

Take your non-moddable official only microtrans bs and shove it deep deep beyond.

Fun to watch everyone wanting to play solo in this mmo-lite-devolution of a beloved RPG franchise.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Was really hoping for a robust building system myself.

Hard pass on this.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

MS bought Obsidian, maybe they'll bring some decent RPGs to xbox and if so maybe they will make it to windows.

Also, would love for Red Dead 2 to come to PC

(prays hella hard)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Only 8 years till ES VI

A year till Pantheon.

At least a year till FF7

Going to be quite a wait.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Everyone say it with me
STARFIELD

edit on 11/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Dude for pantheon they could literally do EQ 1 and give it new skins and I'd play lol

I'm hoping that Pantheon works out.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I’ve been following tons of reviews and gameply vids...
Hot pile is an understatement.

When I realised they haven’t fixed the game physics being tied directly to fps I deciced to give it a complete miss.
I might be a Bethesda fanboy, but I’m not stupid..

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I love the Fallout games and decided to give Fallout 76 a chance, after playing the BETA for about 6 hours I completely lost interest, there's just nothing to it, a really boring empty game with micro transactions tacked on.
That was enough for me to cancel my pre order on amazon.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i never had much faith in this game, and the faith meter went down to zero when i heard modding won't be allowed.
I think it's high time we just all admit the truth, the only reason fallout or TES have any traction is because of the modding community.
a bunch of people basically pulling those games out of beta state for free.

i'll pass, and keep my fingers crossed they won't screw up cyberpunk 2077

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I was 3 minutes into this and all I saw was two dudes punching each other and passing sexual innuendos. I got bored with the video since I was thinking there would be some game play. I think I will look on YT for something more of a comprehensive analysis of the game. lol

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i never had much faith in this game, and the faith meter went down to zero when i heard modding won't be allowed.
I think it's high time we just all admit the truth, the only reason fallout or TES have any traction is because of the modding community.
a bunch of people basically pulling those games out of beta state for free.

i'll pass, and keep my fingers crossed they won't screw up cyberpunk 2077

I think that's a bit unfair.

TeS are great games out of the box, but yes it is the mods that make them amazing. Bethesda realize this and make it all possible by providing the fantastic tools that make it all possible.

I think Bethesda had too much success with the much more basic mobile Fallout Shelter and realize there is a ton of money to be made in cheaper, derivative games. I just hope this does but influence future development of TeS and Fallout series proper.

edit on 13-11-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
FO3 is the model they should base the future of the franchise on. NV was okay, but retrieving the courier’s weapons (best in game at the time) was empty feeling. Recovery over time as revenge could have been a more meaningful main side quest, like giving all the Kill Bill assassins peaces of the puzzle to get to Bill.

But FO3 had the better storylines and a more infinite sandbox for modding within lore-ish ideas. Snag Vault 691 to see what I helped a friend of mine pull off. And he has recently got the itch to go back to his part 2 project on it. But some different things happen in the original, mostly his ideas but I came up with a few along the way and trial and errored the way through coding to make things work.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well you have made me feel a lot better about the fact I am NOT going to be buying this it's getting far too much hype, likely though it shall still be a big seller simply because it's a fallout branded game even if it is a departure from the single player games' which most fallout fan's are fan's of the series because of.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Best of both world's, get fallout TTW
taleoftwowastelands.com...
(unfortunately since my fallout 3 is the old retail edition I can't get it to install in windows 10 for some reason but before my old HD crashed I had great fun playing the two game's combined, arguably combined they are perfect together).
I would argue though that having played both game's over and over I still by far prefer fallout NV (once it is patched up and modded to hell and back since it remain's an unfinished game) but both game's were far more atmospheric than fallout 4 in spite of there older graphic's and model's etc, there story's were also both far better.
Still I can't wait for fallout 4 NV assuming it come's during my lifetime that is.

Back to DLC's. Best DLC out of the older two game's was point lookout for fallout 3 as far as I am concerned but honest heart's was very cool and far more beautiful looking for NV and of course if you use TTW you get to take your character through both game's full story's and DLC's, I also loved operation anchorage for fallout 3 which showed what the game really could have been made like if they had wanted to create a war game as while it was a much older style on the track's level by level world it was actually better than the main game if by far too short.
edit on 13-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Dude I've been playing New California mod that came out maybe couple weeks ago,

it's for FONV

to quote my friend Borat

It's "Nais".

www.nexusmods.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh and dont get me wrong.

I AM a lame ass Bethesda fanboi.

But I mean COME THE # ON!

Hot pile is hot pile.

No microtransaction can lure me in.

Another thing # microtrans.

So sick of publishers #ting up developers games because they gotta figure out ways to monetize every god damn thing

INSTEAD OF

Release a high quality product that appeals to the hardcore fans instead its always like who else can we lure in temporarily just to milk the # out of them?

I'm just going to stop here otherwise I'll just end up pissing myself off.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

I was 3 minutes into this and all I saw was two dudes punching each other and passing sexual innuendos. I got bored with the video since I was thinking there would be some game play. I think I will look on YT for something more of a comprehensive analysis of the game. lol

Dude that's literally the extent of the gameplay there are no npcs, sure there are random mobs to kill so for some entertainment rag on eachother.

But to each their own.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Dude for pantheon they could literally do EQ 1 and give it new skins and I'd play lol

I'm hoping that Pantheon works out.

I fear for my job, home and family when it's released.

Lord Innoruuk, bless me with the strength to hold it all together.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Oh yeah man, I feel you on that, I might end up single and have to move into a "gamer house".

^^

thinking about being a gnome chanter, unless of course you know they bring back the Necro.

Necros 4 life!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And lets be real the most annoying thing about the video in the OP is It's a Gundams autistic-ish lisp.

Kinda fitting for 76 tho imao.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join