It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will you admit you were wrong? At what point will you fight for change?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
What does it take for a person to admit that their views were wrong? When can we all just fight for change?

I don't mean at our local elections - sure, some good was done, but corruption runs deep. The swamp only gets deeper each year, and Trump has only promised to drain it because it's good for the real estate value ( which, what the hell does a record dow Jones mean if necessities like housing are less affordable than ever? Starting to think the stock market only serves the rich )

On that note... How much money needs to go to the rich before the entire "trickle down" philosophy finally dies out? 99 percent? Should everyone but a handful of people be so poor they can barely afford shelter, and the rich still held on pedestals - even though their true place in the market is nearly worthless ( supply and demand - who creates the supply, who demands the services, who provides the services, who does 99.9 percent of the work? Hint - it's the common people. Not the rich. Also another note, unless you're a billionaire, don't get all butt hurt when people talk about the rich - we're not talking about you or something you'll ever become. )

How much corruption does the media and politicians need to show before we all boycott every one of them? ( just as much fox news as CNN, just as much Trump as Obama or the Clinton's, for those only agreeing with me because of your partisan beliefs )

How many people need to go bankrupt from medical costs or just die or live in sickness before we finally say the richest nation on earth should have equal or better Healthcare than other first world nations ? ( hint, we spend more than them on Healthcare, we just don't manage anything right, saying you refuse to pay for others health makes you a moron, not others )

How many problems does your home nation need to have before you stop pointing at other nations? Russia is not the cause of most USA issues - politicians and corporations are.

What will it take for you to admit the party you align with has just as many skeletons in their closet, just as much corruption and illegal, immoral activities as the other party? ( at the top, the average citizen can actually get along - politicians alongside the media like to paint a different picture, though.)

Money doesn't literally trickle down. The government must reduce regulation in order to foster an environment in which businesses, large and small, want to be here. They can just as easily move to China, Vietnam, Philippines, Mexico, Honduras, etc. to offset their costs if we make it too expensive to operate in the US. We need rich business owners. They are the ones who take the risks and purchase the equipment that you and I use to do our jobs.

I am a paramedic. I would not have a job if my boss, the owner of the company, did not buy the ambulances, the medical supplies, and coordinate the contracts with various 911 centers and hospitals. If the government increases regulation, he might decide I'm too expensive to hire.

Medical costs are only so high because of government involvement. The price of healthcare is actually the price of government regulation and malpractice insurance. The free market handles this much better than the command market. Don't believe me?

Have you ever been to the grocery store? The free market keeps costs low because the government has little to do with our food markets. That means those who make the food, move the food, stock and store the food must have cost as their number one priority. That means low prices for the consumer. If the government was as involved with grocery stores as they were with healthcare, you'd need to buy Thanksgiving Dinner Insurance.

If we could get the government to be as hands off with healthcare as they were with grocery stores, we'd all be much better off.

Admittedly, this entire post could be wrong.. But maybe there's something in here that resonates with someone. If you agree with something, extrapolate, let's talk about it. If you disagree, let's talk about it.

-deadlyhope

That part, you're right. The entire post is wrong. But that just means you've bought the dog poop covered in sugar that someone told you was candy.
edit on 13-11-2018 by ltdan08 because: Trying to do complicated quotes on my phone.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

Literally every nation with better quality of life than the USA has national Healthcare.

We could literally afford it with the money we already spend on Healthcare.

I'm not saying anyone needs to give more money. I'm saying we should use what we have more efficiently.

Literally every country that has worse health care than the US has socialized health care. We have partially socialized health care which is why it's so bad.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
You my friend, need to run for office. Any office. a reply to: deadlyhope

Please don't. We have enough bleeding-heart liberals and could stand to have less.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
All I see here is a bunch of personal opinions and zero facts or ideas.

Someone goes bankrupt from medical bills, and liberals jump straight to govt owned and run healthcare. That's not ideas. That's just giving up and expecting someone else to take care of you.

Health care is so expensive because the government is so heavily involved. Medicare and Medicaid ruin it for the rest of us. The industry has jacked-up prices because of these programs. It's the same reason why university is so expensive; because the government got in the loan business.

More government is never the answer. It's usually why there's a problem.

And I know the last several posts are mine and I just want to head this off. I also want a smaller defense budget. MUCH SMALLER. As in each countries' national defense should be their national defense. If they don't care enough about their security and future to pay for it, we shouldn't either. So say good bye to NATO, at least how it's structured now. Bring our troops home.

I just want to say that before somebody tried to throw it at me.
edit on 13-11-2018 by ltdan08 because: Fat fingers

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
All I see here is a bunch of personal opinions and zero facts or ideas.

Someone goes bankrupt from medical bills, and liberals jump straight to govt owned and run healthcare. That's not ideas. That's just giving up and expecting someone else to take care of you.

Health care is so expensive because the government is so heavily involved. Medicare amd Medicaid ruin it for the rest of us. The industry has jacked up prices because of these programs. It's the same reason why university is so expensive; becaise the government got in the loan business.

More government is never the answer. It's usually why there's a problem.

And I know the last several posts are mine and I just want to head this off. I also want a smaller defense budget. MUCH SMALLER. As in each countries' national defense should be their national defense. If they don't care enough about their security and future to pay for it, we shouldn't either. So say good bye to NATO, at least how it's structured now. Bring our troops home.

I just want to say that before somebody tried to throw it at me.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Exactly!

That is what I meant.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Not allied with any political affiliation, the tax policies have benefited me and co-workers directly. Although I'm what you might call rich, I don't exactly see it that way, but I am in the top 5% in the US for income. As for corruption, SSDD on that, regardless of who you put into office it's always going to be there, always has been there.

As for healthcare, yeah it's garbage. Well unless you have money and work somewhere that pays a hefty % of the costs. I have max out of pocket expenses of $1500 for my family, which runs me pre-tax about 15k per year. I know that's not realistic for most people, but it works really well for me, as my wife's 200k+ back surgery cost me exactly $1500 and not a penny more, with no increase in premiums. If you eliminated a lot of the administrative overhead to the medical system I think it could do some real good in bringing down costs, but then you start impacting the healthcare sector as a good % of their employees are part of that administrative overhead.

There's no real easy answer for it, however if you think I'm giving up a bigger slice of the pie I've earned (of which I pay 46% when accounting for federal and state), that's not going to happen. Better management of the dollars that were taxed needs to happen before I even consider an increase in my taxes as a viable option. Not to try and sound harsh about it, but survival of the fittest is a real thing, and unfortunately as has been the case throughout history, the fittest tend to have the most money or bargaining power.

We've come a long way from 1918 to 2018, not saying we don't have farther to go as I think that we can always progress in positive ways. Yet if you look through history it's normally in fits and starts and not a linear progression. So I think right now we just are riding the wave of a spike before another dark period...or maybe we're in the dark period? Won't know until a few hundred years out when the historians evaluate us on our progress according to their ideals.

Why did her back surgery cost so much money? Government involvement in health care is why.

Why do we pay doctors to heal us when we're sick? Shouldn't we pay them when we're healthy? Doesn't that create a perverse incentive for them to keep us sick?

The act of paying for the management of tax dollars is why government involvement is inefficient. Do you pay yourself to manage your own money? Why do we pay some lousy bureaucrat to manage our money for us? Who says they're going to spend it better than us? Don't you think paying that bureaucrat costs us money that would be better spent on cheaper back surgeries?

It is survival of the fittest. We pay people to make bad choices. We pay people to get hurt on the job, to have children out of wedlock, to spend more than they make, to sit at home and watch tv. How does thaf help anybody??? Survival of the fittest doesn't mean the poor die. It means the weak get stronger. Because if they don't, then they'll die.

Nobody said you have to be the best; you just have to work to be better than you were yesterday. But we've destroyed all incentive to be better. We reward stupidity by giving it money and tv shows.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: Byrd

Probably better to say that government should be run with the efficiency of a well run business. Meaning money is not wasted in fulfilling their mission. That said, the mission of government is much different than a for profit enterprise. Many things benefit society that do not have profits and cost money. I'm all for that, but in that respect government should not be run like a for profit business.

You're right. It should be small, limited in power. It should only do the things prescribed to it. The things that no other organization would want to do, like provide for the common defense, regulate interstate trade, and print legal tender. All of the things in the mother-effing Constitution!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

So if I gave up all junk food I eat in a whole month, it'd probably save me about... 80 dollars.

Cheapest plan for my family is something like 500 a month, and covers nothing. Huge deductible, so not helpful for anything we've experienced so far, guess eating cheetos once a week isn't rotting our bones like you suggest.

Can we at least agree that the Healthcare system is broken and fixing it would benefit all?

I remember when, .......my healthcare was $140 a month and it was GOOD coverage. Then along came Obama.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i admit i'm wrong all the time, i also change # all the time but i'm not limited to seclorum.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

that profile picture looks familiar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join