It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Right - Far Left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
youtu.be...

I am posting this video because people are rising up and embracing Nationalism in major Europeon countries. I don't profess to know they are tired of being inundated with people that don't contribute to society and in fact make it much, much worse.

My issue is anybody that cares to conserve their home lands, values and traditions is considered now "far right" like it is a bad thing.

So, can the media and likewise start calling the left Far Left or is that taboo?
edit on 13-11-2018 by ThankzgivingDinnerz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2018 by ThankzgivingDinnerz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ThankzgivingDinnerz

My issue is anybody that cares to conserve their home lands, values and traditions is considered now "far right" like it is a bad thing.

That would have been Macaroni and Turdeau
Their ideology of what "Nationalism" is what started WW2
Throw Urkel in there as a repeat performance
Fascism is now called "Globalism"

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You think they're Nazi?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You think they're Nazi?

Most people in Scotland would not consider the Scottish Nationalists to be far right, even though they are a populist nationalist party.

Nationalism is complex and not tied to left or right.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
5-10 years ago I would have been considered centre left.
In today’s climate with me not making any major ideological changes I would be considered far right.

It’s amazing to watch what is going on, it’s way past the point of denying that this not just collective insanity and that something insidious is happening behind the scenes.
We are being fed an unbelievable amount of propaganda and those speaking against it are being silenced.

It seems like more people are waking up but it also seems like we’re losing ground.

Everyday it feels like 1984 is that much closer

EDIT: Whoa dude!!!!
You edited the crap out of your OP so that it’s now something completely different, what gives?
Why didn’t you put that in a post or even a seperate thread?
edit on 13/11/2018 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I would agree, I asked the question because just between you and me I think that poster is nucking futs.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Also to add... Nationalism in the EU is only bad if you believe that the EU should replace sovereign states, which is of course is what all those Brussels Eurocrats and elitists want. It's also wanted by a good smattering of the population of Europe who prefer to wrap themselves in the flag of the EU rather than their own nation's flag. Being Spanish, or French, or Polish is increasingly being seen as being a nationalist by some who have an intolerance for such things. For example, when Macron was crowned the French president it was the EU anthem that was played, so you can see which side of the fence he sits on, eh?

Brexit has brought all these tensions out into the light of day. On one side you have people fighting for a sovereign UK able to make their own laws, while on the other you have people who seem to think that the EU law-making powers (which lack transparency and scrutiny in their formation) is the way to go.

The new insult from the EU when countries want difference is "nationalism" and "popularism". These are carefully chosen words because they have historic connotations e.g. fascism. They are also the wrong words to use, but to the EU elite it's the end goal that matters, and implying that dissent is wrong is part of their roadmap.
edit on 13/11/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Great post

Brexit is showing that freedom is a context they (the EU) dont understand.

The motto being *Its our way or no way*

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Gothmog

You think they're Nazi?

Maybe they just skipped ahead to Commie but some kind of sick leftist wishing world wide control over all of mankind for sure.

ETA

Think of it as they are on team "Freedom for a few but not necessarily you".

edit on 13-11-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
They can call the 'far left' the far left when it is actually a party of the far left.

But there's not many of those around in the world anymore.

Certainly not in America/Canada/Europe.

There's a few sort-of-lefty parties, but even most of those have accepted many tenets of capitalist thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The problem for European countries and their globalist left leadership is in the assumption that migrants from radically different countries and cultures can be assimilated and integrated into their western culture and society. They can't, or won't, at least not for the majority of migrants. Western culture will have to adapt to accommodate the culture of the migrants, which ultimately changes western culture/society.

They are pushing people to nationalism and to the right, because they fear their way of life, their security and future are threatened.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

European countries and their globalist left leadership

And who's representing the globalist left here?
Merkel, Macron or Theresa May and Victator Orban?

Geez. You rightwingnuts are definitely pretty far nuts by now.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThankzgivingDinnerz
youtu.be...

I am posting this video because people are rising up and embracing Nationalism in major Europeon countries. I don't profess to know they are tired of being inundated with people that don't contribute to society and in fact make it much, much worse.

So, can the media and likewise start calling the left Far Left or is that taboo?

It’s taboo. Adding the “far” is a form of well-poisoning. It’s meant to convey that they are extreme or fringe.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If they aren't a centrist.. they shouldn't be employed. Stop funding the extremes on either side...

originally posted by: ThankzgivingDinnerz
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
They can call the 'far left' the far left when it is actually a party of the far left.

But there's not many of those around in the world anymore.

Certainly not in America/Canada/Europe.

There's a few sort-of-lefty parties, but even most of those have accepted many tenets of capitalist thought.

This, wholeheartedly. One of the biggest successes of the right in the USA was to convince it's followers that even center-right (like our democrats) are "extreme left".

But they are well aware that fear is their greatest ally. Scaring the populous works like little else. And a nation shaking in fear makes it real easy to toss facts and questioning out the window. And thus we have Trump.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Fire them... stop funding the right and the left... let them figure out how to survive on their own.

new topics

top topics

join