It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations are the new government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Azureblue

Corporations are people and their money is THEIR free speech;

Yeah.

I don't really have a problem with corporations but I do have a problem with that. Money is not speech. Money is not an opinion.

But money, wealth, is power. Whoever wields it.

Money, wealth, is power. Whoever wields it - exactly, its merely a matter of whether it will be government or business wielding it and i reckon it will be business who will end up controlling and running the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: rickymouse
You cannot clump all corporations together like this. There are lots of good corporations out there, not all are out to take over the world.

At the very least the bigger the corporation the more dictatorial they can become because of the power the CEOs and those around them, wield.

They all have this potential to do as indicated.

We have seen that if anything can be done electronically is usually is.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

if its not one its another so Im afraid its pretty much the case that all corporations wield the power they have to the max, they would not last in business for too long if they were perceived as soft by the opposition.

Most of the people I know who have corporations have them to protect them from personal liable if something happens. I was incorporated for a while, but I did not like all of the extra paperwork involved so disolved the corporation and went back to a single proprietorship. I actually did better with a single proprietorship because I knew how to keep things straight in the paperwork area, that meant I did not need to hire someone to do all the accounting for me.

I would say that the people making money off of us spending money are more of a problem. Speculators on oil were gouging us before till the government finally did something after many years of them getting rich. Look at your stock yield, there is no real money earned from stocks. The stock value goes up but that is not real money. it can drop like a rock. Dividends are paid by some corporations on stock and these dividends can be appropriate for honest corporations. People blindly blame corporations for everything some times, many corporations are not bad. Big chemical and Pharma corporations can be greedy, but there are decent one of those corporations also. The bad ones have strong influence in the FDA and CDC, that is a problem. Some big farming corporations may use way too much chemicals but deliver food at decent costs to consumers. The problem is the chemicals they have been improperly convinced are safe when they are not.

There are lots of big corporations based out of California and New York. Lots of deceitful corporations are licensed in Nevada. A corporation is only as evil as the people running it. They do need to make profits though, a business cannot survive unless they take in more than they pay out. I know quite a bit about business overhead and about costs of running a business. Most people think that a business is overcharging, they have no clue how much it costs a brick and mortar operation to stay open. I buy local as much as I reasonably can but I have to buy some things on the net because of availability.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SR1TX

"Holy christ you are ignorant."

Insults are the lowest form of argument pal, something to consider methinks.

Who do you imagine funded Mein Fuhrer's little excursions and conflict? LoL

The writing is on the wall son, if you refuse to accept or read it, that's your lookout really.

Hitler, just like the rest of the world leaders are mere puppets, granted he was a nasty evil malignant puppet, but a puppet none the less that answered to his banker masters.

Deny whatever you wish nothing ignorant about the truth.

Hitler met his finance minister once, just once, to be told Germany was bankrupt, and needed foreign currency, you know the rest.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
yes - its a fiction novel - but read :

" jennifer government " by max barry

its well written and addresses - the trope of corperate governence

amazon link

wikki primer

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, I started a corporation a few years ago, and we are small, with only 3 partners. We have no significant amount of money yet, and don't seek to rule the world, just to start up a nursery business.

so ... I guess I volunteer our corporation as an example of a good corporation, however small!

Very true. I too have owned several corporations and they serve a valid purpose.

The problems arise with corporations run amok, when they own legislators and write the very laws that are supposed to regulate them. Carried to a logical conclusion, such an arrangement is fascism.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Far worse than fascism, capitalism that is.

At least you know where you stand with the fascist bastards.

Our mob just hide in the shadows, shifting monies around from A to B to C, accumulating power, whilst claiming democratic rule is the colour of the day, when quite clearly this is not the case.

It's all a sham really and simple window dressing for the masses.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

You cannot clump all corporations together like this. There are lots of good corporations out there, not all are out to take over the world.

At the very least the bigger the corporation the more dictatorial they can become because of the power the CEOs and those around them, wield.

They all have this potential to do as indicated.

We have seen that if anything can be done electronically is usually is.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

if its not one its another so Im afraid its pretty much the case that all corporations wield the power they have to the max, they would not last in business for too long if they were perceived as soft by the opposition.

Most of the people I know who have corporations have them to protect them from personal liable if something happens. I was incorporated for a while, but I did not like all of the extra paperwork involved so disolved the corporation and went back to a single proprietorship. I actually did better with a single proprietorship because I knew how to keep things straight in the paperwork area, that meant I did not need to hire someone to do all the accounting for me.

I would say that the people making money off of us spending money are more of a problem. Speculators on oil were gouging us before till the government finally did something after many years of them getting rich. Look at your stock yield, there is no real money earned from stocks. The stock value goes up but that is not real money. it can drop like a rock. Dividends are paid by some corporations on stock and these dividends can be appropriate for honest corporations. People blindly blame corporations for everything some times, many corporations are not bad. Big chemical and Pharma corporations can be greedy, but there are decent one of those corporations also. The bad ones have strong influence in the FDA and CDC, that is a problem. Some big farming corporations may use way too much chemicals but deliver food at decent costs to consumers. The problem is the chemicals they have been improperly convinced are safe when they are not.

There are lots of big corporations based out of California and New York. Lots of deceitful corporations are licensed in Nevada. A corporation is only as evil as the people running it. They do need to make profits though, a business cannot survive unless they take in more than they pay out. I know quite a bit about business overhead and about costs of running a business. Most people think that a business is overcharging, they have no clue how much it costs a brick and mortar operation to stay open. I buy local as much as I reasonably can but I have to buy some things on the net because of availability.

No doubt there are all these good corporations out their, no worries, let them come out and express their concerns about the potential power corporations have and suggest ways and means of keeping corporate power in check, limiting their ability wield in appropriate power over what they could bring to bear on govts and musch small corporations, no worries.

What I see as the giveaways of the power of big corporations is that many govts have seen fit to put in place laws preventing cartels, unfair trading, etc etc. All countries have these problems.

I watched a vid recently in which the point was made that the oil industry controls the environmental movement and they do this so they can keep promoting alternative power which none of which have been able to develop commercially viable alternative energy solutions (not counting nuclear that is.)

Observation of coronations over the years has taught me they are motivated by only one thing and that is profits and they will do whatever they think they can get away in order to make more profits.

They use their power to make profits.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Azureblue

Another thing the control, more important than anything, is they control the politicians.
They are the new Lords and we are the old serfs

I think their power and influence over politicians is there for everyone to see if they wish. The bigger the corporiation the bigger the resources they can bring to bear on their targets to reward or punish politicians and others like regulators and the judiciary.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Indeed.
I work for a corporation which has 20 employees. We are not out to rule anything. Not much influence over anything. Just trying to make a living.

I didn't think that point would have to be made in writing, I took that to be a given.

I am talking mostly about global corporations and large national corporations because its corporations of that size that have level of power that I am referring to

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join