It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Oh yes, I agree.

I meant the ‘supporters’ of the fascist leftist leadership. They have the collective iq of a bag of sh#t.

The fascist leaders themselves are smart. The kin of Adolf Hitler’s Reich. A continuation of the Nazi regime itself masquerading as a timid sheep.

Clever, but only clever enough to fool the ‘thick’.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Good. I just felt the need to ensure everyone understood what;s happening. I've spent a lifetime myself of letting people underestimate me... it works, and it works well.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

Wonder if this has anything to do with the civil war 2.0 dumb dumbs rhetoric?

I'm sure you will be disarmed legally, peacefully, and safely (for the officers disarming you).

You would think that in the last 40 years that you guys have been crying about this, we might have taken your gunz by now. But, apparently we live in a constitutional democracy and we granted you guys rights... Go figure.

Negative, Ghost Rider.

You didn't grant us anything at all. You seem to have a flawed view of how "rights" work, and tend to think of inalienable rights as Civil Rights.

"Civil Rights" are granted by a civil power (hence the "civil" part of the term), and are therefore not "rights" at all, they are in actuality privileges. Civil Rights, because they are granted by a civil authority, are also revocable by that same authority... meaning they are not "rights", merely privileges.

"Rights", on the other hand, and pre-existence. They do not depend on permissions granted by civil authorities.

The Bill of Rights of the US Constitution recognizes a sampling of some of those rights, but it does not grant them...

... and neither did you.

edit on 2018/11/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Perfectly stated. Been a long time since ive seen you here.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Well said, sir.

Been an age since we've seen you 'round these parts. Welcome back!!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yup, been right at 4 years. I was thrashin' around the internet the other night to get some updates on stuff from a few years before that, which led back to here. I poked around and discovered that the reason for my pissed-off-ness appears to have been addressed, so here I am.

Been busy, life's been good and getting better all the time, and I'm much better situated now.

On topic, I'm back in the boonies where I belong, and have been scouting around for choke points and ways to cut lines of communication and whatnot to keep undesirables out, so I'm pretty much ready for any gun-grabber types to come and get 'em if they'd like, although I'd prefer they not.

If they don't, then life is still good. I don't really expect they will, as it would be political suicide at best. I expect they'll go after it another way, making this or that "banned", but with a grandfather clause for pre-existing stuff so they don't have to stand up, dust off their asses, and come after 'em. Still political suicide, but a good way to avoid a hail of lead. They'd expect that whatever they "ban" ("assault weapons", hi-cap mags, whatever) would eventually get out of circulation through attrition as owners died off of natural causes. Most likely they'll go after mags and ammo, so as not to be seen rounding up folks' guns. They saw how that AWB went last time.

Either way, I'm stocked up on everything I'd need, and it ain't going nowhere unless it goes 62 grains at a time, so I'm set.

Meanwhile, there's fishing to be done and life to be lived while we wait to see which way they're going to jump.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join