It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, absolutely.

The Senate, and the President's veto, as necessary...

As your video explained. I loved those videos when I was but a wee lad. "I'm just a bill..."

edit on 11/13/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
If they do it will surely be their demise in 2020. Democrats as well as Republicans like their guns. Let them try and it will finally be the the last straw.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Progressives hate that. If they get the votes expect them to go the way of the dinosaur.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

So long as the Senate and the House are in separate hands, it's not going to happen. It didn't happen when the Dems had all three-Senate, House, and Oval Office--the likelihood of it happening now are slender.

Not to mention, us gun-nuts can be a noisy lot when we're riled. It must have something to do with the mental issues Dr. soundguy diagnosed us with...y'know, that psychological issue of not wanting the Constitution messed about with...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Don't get so wound up about healthcare - it's free, remember?
As for gun laws they will all be common sense so no problems there.
(despite the fact no one pushing these bills has the slightest idea of what they're talking about)
Orange man is a fascist so whatever they can pin on him is ok.
Whether or not he committed any crimes is irrelevant.
Don't worry about cheating on these elections either.
Trump is going to start WW 3 so we have to stop him by any means necessary
To save the world from climate change and stuff, ya know?
Don't you feel better now I explained it?
edit on 13-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Please,I hope you will enjoy your brief visit to the "fun" camps
opening near you anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Removing guns, assault rifles wont have any results on the ground criminals will still obtain their weapons through the black markets.

These Liberals everywhere must be living in a fantasy land of make believe.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I do!!

I'm glad you're here to explain these things to me...!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Excuse me,gun fetish,mentally defective and minority?
Do you have any clue to how many gun owners there are
in this country?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Dead spot on!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

edit on 13-11-2018 by Ansuzrune because: double post sorry

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

As for gun laws they will all be common sense so no problems there.
(despite the fact no one pushing these bills has the slightest idea of what they're talking about)

That is one thing I've always had issue with....it's painfully obvious the creators of these bills have ZERO knowledge of firearms, yet are trying to draft legislation to limit them.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It's not just firearms... the vast majority of the people in Congress have no expertise in anything except law.

Have you ever really listened to a lawyer in a court trial? I have; I've sat on a couple juries. Lawyers are some of the most ignorant critters on the planet when it comes to anything outside their law books! But, God made breathing autonomous, I suppose, so lawyers wouldn't fall over dead from not being able to figure out how to do it.

And the most successful lawyers? The ones who know the law books the best and understand politics the best, meaning the ones with the least amount of sense otherwise? We elect them to leadership. They know nothing about anything; they hire 'experts' (that's people who one were spurts) to tell them what to do. And of course, being so politically minded, they want to hire people just like themselves (which makes no sense in itself).

All of our political disagreements come down to the question of, do we hire idiot A or idiot B to be the idiot in charge. Unless, of course, someone who does know something besides politics and law comes along... then we go REEEE REEE all the way home.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude

Nice try.
That's a South Park Episode.

unfortunately, it's true, and happened long before Matt and Trey did their first episode.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Good think there's a system of checks and balances.

Right?

So a lame duck house will just do nothing in the end but spend money?

My surprised face is below.

-Blank-

edit on 13-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The democrats want to take OUR guns. When Obama was in office he was arming IRS agents. Heck, he was buying ammo for census takers. He was buying millions of rounds for the democrat Nazis. Its not that the democrat Nazis hate guns, its that they hate having to face an armed population that will shoot back.

We have a bunch of whacko Democrat Nazis heading to Washington and if they had their way we would be Venezuela in less than 5 years. Democrat Nazis love misery and the only thing they love more is spreading that misery to the rest of us..

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Yup. Waiting for Windham Weaponry to have their black Friday sale. 30 round steel mags 1/2 off. I already own 8. I think I'll buy 32 to make an even 40.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
January will bring a new breed of Democrat to the U.S. House of Representatives.

They will be bitter and vengeful and will pass all kinds of bills to "get even" with Trump for beating Hillary in 2016.

Gun control is going to be a major focus.

Higher taxes, the return of full Obama-Care, open borders, and of course, massive and long winded investigations into anything related to Trump including the Cabinet and Executive policy just to name a few.

Get ready for the beginning of the circus of the 21st Century 😆

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push As Soon As They Regain Control

House Democrats are planning an “aggressive” push to greatly expand gun control as soon as they take control of the House of Representatives in January, the Washington Examiner reports.

After a shooting at a California bar last week that claimed a dozen lives, Democrats have decided to shift (briefly) away from prioritizing several investigations into the Trump administration and President Donald Trump, and focus instead on passing strict gun control measures, including universal background checks, a national ban on “high capacity magazines,” a ban on “assault-style” weapons, and a provision that would allow law enforcement to temporarily confiscate weapons from individuals deemed a threat to themselves or others.

Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) told The Wall Street Journal last week that he intends to immediately push for the universal background check legislation which would require gun retailers and gun sellers to register all gun purchases through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The effort would close what Democrats call the “gun show loophole,” which they believe allows individuals to purchase guns in private transactions — at gun shows and elsewhere — without registering their firearms with any state or federal body.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the civil war 2.0 dumb dumbs rhetoric?

I'm sure you will be disarmed legally, peacefully, and safely (for the officers disarming you).

You would think that in the last 40 years that you guys have been crying about this, we might have taken your gunz by now. But, apparently we live in a constitutional democracy and we granted you guys rights... Go figure.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

But, apparently we live in a constitutional democracy and we granted you guys rights...

Excuse me... are you God?

No man granted me rights. They are inherent, endowed by my Creator, granted by God Himself, and are thus inalienable. Just because the Constitution recognizes them does not mean it grants them.

You didn't grant a damn thing to me. Get over yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I'm sorry, did you say "you granted me rights"?

I think maybe, just maybe, you need to go back and take another gander at the Constitution.

You, or anyone else in this mortal coil, granted me nothing. At all.

Taking on the air of deity doesn't doesn't suit you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join