It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, please...

The House can't pass anything... no gun control, no heath insurance, no tax increases... into law without the Senate agreeing, then they need to override Trump's veto. All they will do is either work with the Senate and Trump (unlikely) or show themselves for fools before the American public.

They can't even get a subpoena to stick... maybe they can impeach Trump (doubtful because most of the Democrat newcomers promised their constituents they would work with him) but it won't do anything but tick people off... the Senate has to convict him by a 2/3 supermajority. The same with Kavanaugh.

Phage had the best response in the thread... check out his video, please.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But, but, but, but, I wanna!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm totally for logical gun registration. We have a mass shooting problem in the USA. It's not just gangs anymore, it's people who for their own reasons take many lives in their own hands. Usually they die by suicide but as seen in recent events some get taken alive.

Seems like everyday there's a new shooting somewhere and the gov't hasn't much about it because the NRA, the GOP, and it's base keep it that way.

So I'm all for checking out what the Dem's propose but no matter what it is you and your tribe will always cry about them taking yer guns away! We know, we know. Obama's gonna take them guns any day now I JUST KNOW IT!!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yeah.
So does the prez.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suppose this will bring out the bad in people on the Republican side and they will start harrassing and threatening all the Democratic Senators, hell, maybe some overzealous gun owners will even shoot some Democrat house members. I don't think these overzealous gun owners should shoot them though, that will help the Democrats make their case against guns. They should use some other kind of weapon, not a gun.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah.
Guns are too easy.

Ninja stars. That's the ticket!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm totally for logical gun registration. We have a mass shooting problem in the USA. It's not just gangs anymore, it's people who for their own reasons take many lives in their own hands. Usually they die by suicide but as seen in recent events some get taken alive.

Seems like everyday there's a new shooting somewhere and the gov't hasn't much about it because the NRA, the GOP, and it's base keep it that way.

So I'm all for checking out what the Dem's propose but no matter what it is you and your tribe will always cry about them taking yer guns away! We know, we know. Obama's gonna take them guns any day now I JUST KNOW IT!!

Most of the Democrats I know do not want to lose their right to own a gun. People mistakenly think all Democrats want gun control, that if far from being true.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
Guns are too easy.

Bows and arrows, I don't like hunting deer with a bow anyway, they can ban those.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thank you Phage, I'm aware of how it works.

You'd get more bang for your buck by emailing a link to all 535 congress-critters to remind them.

Did Schoolhouse Rock ever make a skit on what unalienable rights are? Congress definitely needs to see that one if they did.

link   

Nunchucks.

Just give each Democrat in the House one and they'll hurt themselves. Republicans won't have to lift a finger.

Chinese finger traps might work too come to think of it.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

You'd get more bang for your buck by emailing a link to all 535 congress-critters to remind them.

I'm pretty sure they know how it works.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You have something against the Chinese?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
Guns are too easy.

we used to buy them from a little Indian store at the mall. They guy who sold them to us would tell us not to play with them in the mall.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Nope. They just make good finger traps.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

My fingers are too smart for them.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

So the bad guys will not reg their guns, so good luck with the gangs. Then you have the guy who does and still goes out and shoots 20 people, so what do you do there?

Yep when you have 330 million people, there are people killed everyday...

link   
a reply to: network dude

Nice try.
That's a South Park Episode.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Mine too. But we're talking about Nancy Pelosi. If she were to faint, the first thing I would remind her of was to breathe. It's quite possible she could forget how.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

But we're talking about Nancy Pelosi

Speak for yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Is Nancy Pelosi not a House Democrat?

Did she forget how to breathe?

TheRedneck