It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
January will bring a new breed of Democrat to the U.S. House of Representatives.

They will be bitter and vengeful and will pass all kinds of bills to "get even" with Trump for beating Hillary in 2016.

Gun control is going to be a major focus.

Higher taxes, the return of full Obama-Care, open borders, and of course, massive and long winded investigations into anything related to Trump including the Cabinet and Executive policy just to name a few.

Get ready for the beginning of the circus of the 21st Century 😆

House Democrats Plan ‘Aggressive’ Gun Control Push As Soon As They Regain Control

House Democrats are planning an “aggressive” push to greatly expand gun control as soon as they take control of the House of Representatives in January, the Washington Examiner reports.

After a shooting at a California bar last week that claimed a dozen lives, Democrats have decided to shift (briefly) away from prioritizing several investigations into the Trump administration and President Donald Trump, and focus instead on passing strict gun control measures, including universal background checks, a national ban on “high capacity magazines,” a ban on “assault-style” weapons, and a provision that would allow law enforcement to temporarily confiscate weapons from individuals deemed a threat to themselves or others.

Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) told The Wall Street Journal last week that he intends to immediately push for the universal background check legislation which would require gun retailers and gun sellers to register all gun purchases through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The effort would close what Democrats call the “gun show loophole,” which they believe allows individuals to purchase guns in private transactions — at gun shows and elsewhere — without registering their firearms with any state or federal body.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Good think there's a system of checks and balances.

Right?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lordy not that again........misery comes to visit....if they wouldn't start crap, there wouldn't be any

Wasn't that two years easy on the nerves compared to hearing...." I S I L ".... come out out that slobs mouth again one more time or say two steps forward one step back just one more time and.....wait, let me explain

I understand the gripe about gun violence, it is a fallen world, if they just one time say AR 15 in a sentence....I will let loose with my opinions in a global forum site.....

Or let em say anything like mandatory gott tamm healthcare just once and I'm gonna I swear to all that is good and forthright, I'm gonna plant my foot.....right where....naw....Im gonna live in a van.....DOWN BY THE RIVER .!!....

Oh, sorry about the coffee table....uh

edit on 12-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like Democrat leaders are all over the place.

Yesterday, Pelosi said her priority is to fire a subpoena cannon in Donald Trump's direction.

At the same time, on Meet The (fake) Press, Elijah Cummings said removing barriers to voting, was going to be his top priority.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sure, but first let’s go with universal term limits and they have already expired for all of them.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If democrats try to restrict Americans access to guns, they are all but ensuring their own defeat in 2020.

good luck to them!

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The thing about the bill of rights is that they are specifically worded to be inalienable. As in, the government doesn't grant us those rights, we just have them. They can legislate all they want. Nothing short of a war will disarm the American populous.
edit on 12-11-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Might take a war to end this crap ideology once and for all.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I fear you may be right.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
One of the things that pisses me off about Republicans is that they are afraid to swing for the fences. Instead of ramming through some big ideas while we had control, they dither around the edges. They should have rammed through a flat/fair tax, shut border down, and all kinds of other legislation while the Democrats couldn't do sh*t about it.

On the other hand, Democrats to their credit are not afraid to just force their ideology on the people. If they had control, they would very likely pass some sweeping gun bills and other stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's because the Republican party has been pretty divided. Democrats have always been much better at consolidating power. I personally think that's a good thing, but it makes it harder to get things done. Which is how it's supposed to be, really.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well good luck...kind of wish they would spend their energy on things that can actually help the US.

edit on 12-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep and those balances include voters who are tired of being told what they should do and not do and in turn vote them back out. Yep, checks and balances.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If they try it, they'll likely get the War Between the States 2.0 that they seem to want.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

If they try it, they'll likely get the War Between the States 2.0 that they seem to want.

Here's a little refresher course for you:

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I dont understand how any of the proposed laws your article mentions would have stopped the CA shooter.

He used a handgun, would have passed background checks I believe seeing as how police met him before the shooting and didnt register him as a problem.

And his magazine I believe was already against the law in CA, yet that didnt stop him from obtaining it.

So in other words they are politicizing this shooting and admitting that nothing they are suggesting would have stopped it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Boy they are really really not wanting to win in 2020 are they?

I think they underestimate the amount of Democrats own firearms, especially in the south.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think we should appoint trump leader for life.

Just to piss off the left.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I think we should appoint trump leader for life.

You can't.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Shoot Em!
Problem solved.

That's how we deal with wolves eating sheep...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join