It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry after police shoot African-American security guard 'hero'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Bluntone22

So the literally millions who drink responsibly and don't shoot each other in bars after 12 have to suffer just because of the minority that do?

I've seen people use a very similar argument to advocate their support of The Second Amendment.

Its not the alcohol its the people??

Besides which....there'd just be a boom in unlicensed bars etc.

And here I thought the smiley face gave it away....

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think you can call it wrong, shoot 1st ask questions later is a dumb policy, an innocent man doing his job is dead..it can't get more wrong.

This is why I'd hate to be a cop these days. It is a no win situation.
This could have very well turned out to be a different scenario, bad guy turns around and shoots cop.

I don't know about Midlothian, but it is around areas that are notoriously crime ridden (Harvey Il), I mean really really scary gangland. Areas where grown men wouldn't feel safe walking alone. I know cops are sometimes trigger happy, and if there were ever a place to justify it, it would be there.

fyi, for those making this about race, there is a possibility the cop could have been black too.
edit on 12-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No doubt it's a tough gig.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Freeborn

There is one thing I always say. "People should listen to Freeborn".

One things clear; unless Americans rid themselves of their bipartisan divisiveness then the same old status quo will remain and tragedies like this will continue unabated.....much to America's shame.

You're precisely right. You are such a gem with your wisdom and good ole horse sense.

Yep, about right mate, for these days

Hehe, you've got wit, man

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Rarely (I would think) do cops encounter armed Chicago citizens legally carrying. That's the only rationale I can find but otherwise it looks like trigger-happy cop strikes again. A decade or 2 ago this wasn't such an eve-present problem. Police shootings seem to have become very commonplace and I believe lower hiring and training standards are a large part of the problem.
edit on 12-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey. I’m sure it’s a tough gig. But that’s what they get paid for. (Albeit not enough). At any rate, I hear a noise one night. I’m blind without contacts, but I grab a nearby katana, and go walking naked through my house to find some guy I can’t Id traipsing around my home. I didn’t chop him to ribbons, and good thing! He turned out to be a family friend of the wife, dropped off drunk by a family member after a bachelor party (I had no idea he was supposed to stay at our place).

Now, if there’s a time and place to be ready to kill it’s finding a stranger wandering your house. But ANYTIME you are deciding about lethal force it’s stupid to jump into a situation guns blazing (or sword slicing 🤣) without getting a lay of the land. Jumping in and reacting without thought is 1 of 3 things. Strategic incompetence, rank cowardice, or focused criminal malevolence.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

And just who is pushing this so called divide?

Oh yeah, MSM.

It needs to be turned off and ignored, MSM is a cancer.

MSM feeds off of what people want to hear. That's what drives CNN, CBS, FOX, ABC....they know what spin their audience wants. Even the "not so mainstream" pushes the divide. The "cancer" as you put it, is market driven. If consumers write the sponsors, the sponsors pull the ads and the media will suffer. This issue isn't the media as much as theissue is the consumers of that media.

Rather than blame the MSM, why not blame the poorly educated who are not taught to critically think, and question?

As far as the OP goes, It's a horrible tragedy that can only be spun one way: the police need to back off the trigger and turn on the thinking cap. Not ever situation calls for raining lead. But then again those same police are products of a system in which they are not taught to think critically either.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes, everyone has issues, EVERYONE, not just the US.
My opinion, we are so saturated by US media we are forced to hear all their dirty secrets, way too much.
Why dont we hear constantly about the other crap places in the world and their violence

Russia pretty dangerous
South Africa
Israel
Turkey, its a long list, a very long list before we get to the US as dangerous places

What do the Pohms get up to now, I dont know but its not a very nice place to live judging by the amount of UK immigrants wanting to come to where I live

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

And just who is pushing this so called divide?

Oh yeah, MSM.

It needs to be turned off and ignored, MSM is a cancer.

The MSM is not the cancer, but it does report on the cancer, which has a tendency to bring it to the forefront.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seems like many of you agree with the Trump that the news is the enemy.
You have brains and you should use them, but I think you might need to feed them with something other than what trump says.

We all must check his comments for truthfulness.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Babe, we have been calling out the companies you can usually count on one hand plus a finger that own damn near all the media since the early 2000's long before the president started to publicly point out the obvious. The media told my state that the Democrats running mate win the election for governor the day before voting even started.

That is the definition of corrupt enemy of the people media. In fact many in the opposition used to share the very same sentiment until they surrendered their minds because Trump won the presidency.

You ought to do an ats search on topics of the corporate media and see just how long this community has actually been discussing the danger of the corporate MSM oligarchy. It was one of the earliest non UFO/area 51/Bigfoot social topics of focus on here.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am honestly getting tired of Mainstream News Outlets lately. They have a outcries for specif groups but when it comes to others NOPE.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Shocking this is happening in America.

Even if the security guard was white they would have immediately shot him also.

/Sarc

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And here I thought the smiley face gave it away....

Oops, sorry. Missed that.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There's police command protocols. I'm sure that some are: "Drop your weapon". "Place your hands behind your head". Did they just see the man and start firing away? I read the article and in spite of officers being told he was a security guard, it sounds like that is what happened. I don't know why race has anything to do with this issue. It has everything to do with poor police training and other police issues.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I seem to be hearing a lot about lack of or poor training for police officers.
If true then that in itself is criminal.

Surely the aim should be to attract the best possible people to law enforcement and to give the best training and tools to perform their duties.

Some seem to be blaming MSM.
But surely MSM can only report on events that happen. Sure, they put their own spin on these events in accordance with whatever narrative they themselves are pushing but these 'news worthy incidents' still have to actually occur....unless you buy into the whole 'fake news' thing.

The point is; no matter which way anyone tries to spin things this guy actually did get shot dead whilst trying to restrain a person who was suspected of being involved in a shooting incident.
People can blame poor training.
People can blame MSM.
People can play the race card.
People can deflect and say why has the race card been used.

But the reality is that tragedies like this are a far too common occurrence and will continue to be so until someone actually puts their head above the trenches and stands up and starts actually doing something rather than at best just talking and pointing fingers.
edit on 13/11/18 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Rather than blame the MSM, why not blame the poorly educated who are not taught to critically think, and question?

Rather than blame the 'poorly educated' wouldn't it be more appropriate to blame the system that refuses to teach critical thinking skills and the people who benefit from this lack of education?

Who is responsible for this lack of critical thinking and what do they gain by maintaining this system that is obviously so inadequate?

a reply to: Raggedyman

What do the Pohms get up to now, I dont know but its not a very nice place to live judging by the amount of UK immigrants wanting to come to where I live

Of course we have problems here in the UK.....I've already quite readily stated this twice in separate posts in this thread.
Let's hope a third time will suffice.

The MSM is not the cancer, but it does report on the cancer, which has a tendency to bring it to the forefront.

My Lady, whilst I think MSM have quite questionable morals and standards at times I've got to say I couldn't have put it any better.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Babes, surf, climate and lifestyle would be the main factors.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The problem is Chicago. And nothing will change because the people vote the same way no matter what it seems.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The msm is the cancer. They turned this tragedy into nothing more than racebait to get views and inflame the population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join