It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Forest Fires, are They Caused by Climate Change or is Something Else Occurring.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

We used to call it "Global Warming" but ppl dropped that mostly and say "Climate Change" now.

The fact that we conveniently changed the name of the crisis mid-way should reveal what's really going on here.

We have millions of people who do not have sufficient data, yet due to being bored humans will still comment on a subject they know nearly nothing about.

It's totally normal too. Each of us lacks data yet we comment regularly.

It becomes an issue when ppl become belligerent about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

We used to call it "Global Warming" but ppl dropped that mostly and say "Climate Change" now.

No. Both terms have been and are still being used.
They are two different things.

Think of it this way; the planet is warming, this is causing climates to change.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

“climate-change-is-a-government-sponsored-hoax used to fatten the academic coffers of the deep state university system”

That would be an accurate assessment

Touché.

You’re the same genius that claimed MMA was pro wrasslin for the new century. Bravo, an idiot isn’t easily cast — you broke mold.
edit on 12-11-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gothmog

So. Climate isn't changing?
Or, the government is causing it to change on purpose?

Of course the climate changes.
Winter Sping Summer Autumn.
It goes beyond the seasons...

The Sahara became a desert recently. You can find seashells up in the mountains...

They even think there were several "ice ages" recently and that Earth in general is in a warming phase coming out of those colder phases.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What data are you conveniently being misappropriated by the powers that be? This should get interesting, Phage (I know you’re still in here and I can see the field in Santa Clara...I’ll be in and out but I know you’ve got my six).
edit on 12-11-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Of course the climate changes.
You seem to have missed the context of my reply.

The Sahara became a desert recently.
Yeah. After the end of the last glaciation. But the changes took a while.

You can find seashells up in the mountains...
That has more to do with geology than climatology.

They even think there were several "ice ages" recently and that Earth in general is in a warming phase coming out of those colder phases.
Glacial periods vs interglacials, yes. We left the last glacial period about 10,000 years ago. Do you think it's been warming for 10,000 years?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I didn't miss your context, I'm in one of those half-sarcastic moods today.

Sea shells up in the mountains....

Climatologists have to utilize techniques used in various fields of study - from biochemistry, geography, oceanography, etc.

So really there is a lot of overlapping and integration going on in the sciences.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

What data are you conveniently being misappropriated by the powers that be?

Not sure what you mean or are asking.

Rewrite the question please.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So really there is a lot of overlapping and integration going on in the sciences.

True. But it wasn't a change in climate that put the shell fossils on the mountains.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I live about an hour from where the fires are in northern California. We have not had any rain since May. It is bone dry. My pastures have large cracks in them.

It is also unusually warm here. I'm still wearing shorts and T shirts. When the fire broke out, there were high winds gusting over 30 mph.

So it is not a normal weather pattern here this winter. Usually, we get our first rains in early October. I used to work in the tomato industry and the first rains would pretty much shut down the harvest so I am pretty aware of what the weather used to be like.

It is no longer the same. I'll let others decide what has caused the changed patterns of weather.
edit on 12-11-2018 by Wildbob77 because: Inserted a link by accident

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Probably won't be pretty when the rain does show up.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I live where it's pretty flat. The first rains will just soak into my pastures and hopefully make them look like pastures again.

If you live near burned hillsides, it will be mudslides galore

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Southern California is turning into Desert , It doesn't rain but once or twice a year not much can be done Mother Nature will burn away the dead brush and leave us with sand . So yeah the climate is changing I blame it on the tilt of the Earth .

Also as a kid I don't remember the Sun being so hot I cant stand in direct sunlight more then a couple of minuets without being burnt nowadays .

If the earth had tilted, we would still be warm here in Michigan...But alas, we have snow like we always do...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I received a reply from Dr. Andersen.

Hi Sam,

The app records cosmic rays from space, these hit at about the same rate everywhere on the planet, at about 100 per second per meter sq. So about 50 - 100 cosmic rays pass through your body each second.

In the screenshot below, three iPhones are collecting data in North America, the smaller dots show phones that have done so in the past weeks.

So sometimes there will be a large circle, it just shows a single phone, watching for cosmic rays. Note that airline staff and people who live in Denver get more cosmic rays as they are higher up in the atmosphere.

--------------------------
Thomas Andersen, PhD

So my guess was wrong, the values are not numbers of users. But in the picture posted in the OP it means that two people in California were currently online with the app and cosmic radiation was not out of the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

If the earth had tilted, we would still be warm here in Michigan...But alas, we have snow like we always do...

Not to mention that Polaris wouldn't be right in front my house.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

California's Fire Chief blames "Mismanaged Forests" for so many large fires.
www.courthousenews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And climate change.

Your source:

Pimlott said climate change and decades of poorly managed forests are causing longer fire seasons that stress resources and require new tools and methods to counteract.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Huh that's weird... In this map, the cosmic ray's seem to hit in the same areas that most of our earthquakes hit as well.. Strange.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96
Maybe you should read this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm still gonna give myself an 'A' for effort.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join