It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin district investigates boys’ apparent Nazi salute

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Side note: my cousin was stabbed to death in Baraboo. Jumped by a pair of thugs, beat down, killed in the street. They have problems that far exceed kids poking fun in a group photo.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Not to say there's not a budding Nazi racist among them, but for the entire group? I doubt it.

Probably not.

But if there are any I would say the odds of there being more than one increase.

Worth looking into.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What law does that break to warrant looking into it at this time?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No need for a law to be broken to investigate.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
oooooooooooooooooh, then you punch someone in the arm?

That's optional but even more of a fun bonus.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No need for a law to be broken to investigate.

Obviously Washington DC has shown that to be the case these past 2 years, but we're talking about high school kids here. Why publicize it prior to any sort of law being found broken? In absence of a law being broken, it's simply none of the media's business.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If only they were doing Black Power fists in the air.

Everything would be hunky-dory to the hypocritical left.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Ok.

If you say so. But it seems that the thing arose from social media.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ok.

If you say so. But it seems that the thing arose from social media.

Put it to you this way, had they broken the law, most states make it illegal for the media to publish their names or faces. IF THEY HAD BROKEN THE LAW. Why is this? Because they are minors. However, break no law and instead violate some arbitrary social position and now it's fair game for a full blown trial in the court of public opinion, which presently seems to have the uncanny ability to eff someone's future far, far more effectively than a guilty verdict in an actual criminal trial does? Does it seem sensible to you, Phage?

Consider my position on these issue to be jury nullification in the court of public opinion. I don't care who was offended, GTF over it and move on, society needs to reclaim the simple fact that being outraged and offended is always in the scope of the listener, never the speaker. Someone says something to me, I make my own personal choice whether to let it outrage me or move on. Beyond that it's all horsecrap in a country that claims to have freedom of speech and association. (Note I said "claims" because what we say and what we actually do are polar opposites.)
edit on 12-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

for the posters who think this is funny and no big deal...reposting this part from the first post

“This is why every single day we work hard to educate. We need to explain what is the danger of hateful ideology rising. Auschwitz with its gas chambers was at the very end of the long process of normalizing and accommodating hatred,” the Auschwitz Memorial tweeted .

THIS quote is SO IMPORTANT.........READ it and REALLY THINK about it

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Well lets see (I lived in Milwaukee for close to a Decade)

(a) Wisconsin was a seat of the German American Bund support.
(b) Wisconsin has a large number of Aryan Brotherhood groups (outside of prison).
(c) A bunch of those kids certainly ARE doing a stiff armed Nazi salute. If you can't see that, you are blind.

Like I said, I lived in (and around) Milwaukee fro a decade. As a foreigner there most certainly is a strong nationalist, and racist undertone to the area. Baraboo (where this happened) is a inbreed we town.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Names? Did I miss that part?

But yes. The person who placed the picture on twitter put the faces in the public domain. That happens a lot.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes you need to stop normalizing and accommodating hatred against white teenagers goofing around.

And yes I think it is funny and not a big deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
SNIP
edit on 11/12/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Not to say there's not a budding Nazi racist among them, but for the entire group? I doubt it.

Probably not.

But if there are any I would say the odds of there being more than one increase.

Worth looking into.

Oh yeah, I think so too. But the image of all them giggling gives me hope.

*I'm glad to see you're still around! ♥

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I see this as nothing more than sarcasm. Dark humor from kids at an age where they know nothing of nazis except that it is a word hurled at people in a very nonchalant way. It is a word that has lost it’s meaning and these kids are now making fun of people who use that word to describe everyday people who simply disagree with identity politics.

I am so glad that there were no cellphone cameras when i was a kid.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I see this as nothing more than sarcasm. Dark humor from kids at an age where they know nothing of nazis except that it is a word hurled at people in a very nonchalant way. It is a word that has lost it’s meaning and these kids are now making fun of people who use that word to describe everyday people who simply disagree with identity politics.

I am so glad that there were no cellphone cameras when i was a kid.

You know what would be even funnier?

If they all shaved their heads.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ironic that the school thinks they can do anything. Even more ironic the cops think they need to do something. They are both blowing smoke. A big whatever over a big nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join