It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woolsey-Malibu Fire Weirdness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So I just found out and have not seen mentioned here, that this fire started at/near an old Lab area that is rife in Govt coverups and even a nuclear lab. This lab had a partial Nuclear meltdown in the 50s and a local who is family called us and said the Govt is downplaying this. She said fire is one of the few things that could spew radiation into the air according to what she was told by authorities many years ago.

They have already suffered a cancer cluster here and have been trying to get this cleaned up for decades, with no luck. Scary that it's not more prominent on the news that they are testing for radiation leaks. I wonder if we would even hear about it if it is leaking. According to this article we won't "It's safe" tell that to the residents near that lab who have died and are dying from rare cancers caused by the many hazardous things that happened/went on here!

Santa Susana Laboratory

The fire itself started in an area that has a history, more notorious than beloved.

It began as a brush fire near the site of a partial nuclear meltdown at the Santa Susana Laboratory in Simi Valley.

The laboratory is the site of a series of nuclear reactor accidents, including a partial meltdown in the 1959, and a place where tens of thousands of rocket engine tests took place using propellants that are known carcinogens.

The burned through a portion of the site, but did not pose any additional public health threats.

Santa Susana Field Laboratory

Western Town, Reagan Ranch, Santa Susana Field Lab: The Woolsey fire torched them, but spared other famous sites
edit on 11/12/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

My husband worked at Santa Su, and at Rocketdine in Canoga Park, and I have been to Santa Su several times, I also lived in Simi Valley and you can hear the engines blast in Simi, anyway, they keep it pretty cleaned up. It is squeeky clean.

However, there are also a lot of oil wells, and there were several slow slip micro equakes at the time the fires started. So even though I wouldnt put it past the govt to clean up a mess with fire, I lean more toward the equake slow slip.

And just a fun fact, Santa Susanna was a Hollywood set, where most westerns were filmed in the really old days.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yeah I grew up in the Valley and had horses in that area so know it well. But that place isn't squeeky clean, you don't get cancer clusters and birth defect clusters from squeeky clean. It's owned by Boeing now but they can't figure out how to clean it up enough for residential. So I guess there's talks about making it non residential/non commercial parkland.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Lilroanie because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I didnt realize that. Im glad Im not down there anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yeah I am too, we went to Antelope Valley! Unfortunately we still have friends and family there. Go read that wiki link to it, they still downplay how bad it was/is but what they wrote is bad enough heh.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Nice write-up on Motherboard.

“The source and location of the fire is under investigation by Cal Fire,” a spokesperson for Boeing told Motherboard in an email. “It may have originated on or near Boeing’s Santa Susana site.”

Whether the point of ignition was within the boundaries of SSFL is still being investigated, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Fire Department told Motherboard on Tuesday over the phone.

Only moments before Cal Fire reported that the Woolsey Fire began, a “disturbance” triggered an outage of the Chatsworth substation belonging to the electric utility Southern California Edison. State regulators are now probing the possibility that the Woolsey Fire is connected to Southern California Edison infrastructure. The company said in a statement that it will “fully cooperate,” but there has been “no determination of origin or cause.”

motherboard.vice.com - Califo rnia’s Woolsey Fire Burns Near Site of Nuclear Meltdown, Sparking Panic.

The article points out that the contaminated soil may have aerosolized "spewing a 'witches brew' of pollution" along with the smoke. There is a tweet of the fire's origin and it looks like it is smack on SSFL property.

The northern CA fire near Sonoma this spring was suspected of being started by down power lines. Hum? I'm no Alfred Einstein but when the winds kick up past a certain speed, maybe in the future, IDK.... SHUT OFF THE ELECTRICITY!!

I do like your TFH idea that a wind-whipped fire could get over 1,500 degrees to scour the place clean. Saving Boeing time because we all know: time is money.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Family member just told us Erin Brochovich is involved now and the ash is testing positive for radiation.. incoming cover-ups!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah and check this out, a second fire called the Peak fire started right across the freeway from the site and burned it again then was quickly put out. Maybe the original fire didn't burn all the stuff they wanted burned.
edit on 11/14/2018 by Lilroanie because: wrong fire name

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

positive test for radiation that can't be good......I used to live down there but in a ways from the coast....will be keeping an eye on this thread ....glad you started this thread Lilroanie

new topics

top topics

join