It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Ireland spotted by two different pilots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I dont suppose Meteors have to have a tail do they?

I was looking out my window on Sunday night, have clear unbroken sky views over the valley and a light was hauling ass directly overhead, i mean like meteor speed but no tail.

Impossible to tell the height in the dark but there was no sound, was at least 5 times the speed of an airliner and as they fly overhead during the day, you can always hear them. This thing must have been higher.

We also have F/A-18s north of here in Williamstown but I have been around jets most of my adult life and this wasnt one. Was just a constant single yellowish light.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Woody510

No worries mate. It's a good story and looks pretty interesting. These don't come down the pipe so often.

I do like it when pilot reports come out they come across as very credible to me.

No more so than anyone else, really. Unless they go beyond saying that they saw something that they don't know what it was.

We want a space force so we must have something we can use to create one right/

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Space...space...space.

Force...force...force.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Hi, glad you've got video of those 2. They fly over me regularly going south to north (ish). I'm in Catalunya (North Spain) but spookily enough from Dundee originally. The only thing I could think of is that it's that USAF mini-space shuttle on a targeting run, but it's definitely weird seeing 2 satellites chasing each other (or one thing oscillating).

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
It is GOOD that pilots interpret unrecognizable lights in the sky as potentially threatening, better safe than sorry.

1936 REPORT ON WHY PILOTS ARE POOR OBSERVERS OF METEORS
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Example of pilots misjudging range to space/rocket events
www.zipworld.com.au...

Would a meteorite, at substantial distance, appear to "veer" due to curvature?

It certainly seems as though there was a reasonable amount of meteor activity on and around the 9th even if there were no significant showers.

www.imo.net...

I really enjoyed the pilot's "tall tale" embellishments at the beginning of the first article you posted, cheers.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Wow, now even in the german MSM:
Irland Pilotin sichtet Ufos - Behörde ermittelt

And for sure they spread the meteor theory.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

The degree to which observers, especially those on moving platforms, can perceive veering and turning by objects on straight paths is kind of amazing. Here's a calibration of such reports from a missile test that was flying straight through the sky:

Nov 07, 2015 Trident SLBM launch off California
satobs.org...

"So than this thing stops and just elevated and disappeared. "
" Missles dont travel in two different directions come to a dead stop and elevate at a speed so fast that it disappeared"
" It looked as though the rocket flew north along the coast, then turned north-east "
" It appeared to be coming right at my wife and I. ... Then it started acting erratic in motion "
"It looked like it changed directions and was so huge!"
" it fell and went up and turned right "
" it turned to the right "
"it stopped and then went straight up"
" It hovered over us and was then heading north "
"Then it change a direction a little bit"

edit on 13-11-2018 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Comets have tails meteors don’t necessarily it would depend on size and trajectory but usually they burn up with a quick flash across the sky. What you describe doesn’t sound like a meteor, nor do the reports from the OP as meteors don’t suddenly change direction.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I've heard of studies that our brain blocks visual processing during rapid eye movements and interpolates the gap leading to sometimes strange results. Possibly some of the things you mention could be because of this.

More on this here: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Still very interesting case to look into.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I checked your link, could you provide those citations as actual quotes from the website? Rather than just write “I saw it stop, turn right” because I couldn’t see any of these quotes you included as your source.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just a link and a test of "Premieres" here on ATS ... if you already read the article(s) it probably won't be interesting

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's the audio of the pilot talking to ATC;

edit on p30909182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I pulled them all out of that link, usually they are highlighted red on the page they appear on. You can search the pdf file with control-F and the keyword sought.
edit on 13-11-2018 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Even CNN is covering it now. Not blaming Trump yet....

www.cnn.com...

THEY're here!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Good shout KG (as always) There is "I think" about 7hrs difference between Ireland and Arizona where the green fireball was photographed on the link that you included, but as the activity is between a few nights in terms of meteors, it can't be ruled out.

Neither can any potential long flight testing from plant 42 to a US controlled UK airbase for the B21 raider..... Nothing came up on either radar systems either...or a hyper sonic test platform... I don't think the B21 would appear really bright considering its engine ducts are hidden within the body...arguing with myself now lol...

What's interesting is there were multiple pilots that reported the same thing, it will be interesting to get the other testimonials and link them together if possible
edit on p541114182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

This has all been explained now

www.dailysquat.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I dont suppose Meteors have to have a tail do they?

I was looking out my window on Sunday night, have clear unbroken sky views over the valley and a light was hauling ass directly overhead, i mean like meteor speed but no tail.

Impossible to tell the height in the dark but there was no sound, was at least 5 times the speed of an airliner and as they fly overhead during the day, you can always hear them. This thing must have been higher.

We also have F/A-18s north of here in Williamstown but I have been around jets most of my adult life and this wasnt one. Was just a constant single yellowish light.

I would tend to say that all of the meteors burning up in our atmosphere sport a fiery tail --- But if the meteor is travelling directly away or directly towards the observer...the eyewitness would not see a visible tail.

On the other hand --- based on my rare eyewitness observations --- a typical fiery plasma shrouded ET foo fighter does not have a visible fiery tail --- either in hi-power or low-power modes --- during aerial flights in our atmosphere; unless the plasma is used as a weapon of mass destruction.
edit on 13-11-2018 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
Here's the audio of the pilot talking to ATC;

At 1.35 the pilot states " Two Bright Objects That Appeared To CLIMB Away "

The word " climb " is interesting.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

WVR aerial combat depends on pilots being able to perceive veering and turning of flying objects.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Precisely. One also mentions it banked away. So it's a meteor that banks and climbs then.

The first pilot must have associated them with aircraft purely by asking if there were any military vehicles around. I'd love to know how far away they appeared to be, and whether they end up classifying it as a near miss.

Sadly I've got a feeling it'll just go quiet as most of these things do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join