It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President believe me not your eyes says N Korea is not a threat, satellite images disagree

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Arguing with NPC's doesn't usually work. They just repeat the same bull# over and over with slightly different vernacular. You'd get further arguing with cleverbot. But I can't help myself sometimes.
edit on 13-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Funny how you guys keep getting proved wrong and keep spouting the same wrong nonsense. One day I hope you can look back and recognize the great accomplishments of Trump. If you can, you'll probably hang your head in shame at the 100% agreement you have with the attacks on the man who is simply trying to make the world (specifically the US) a better place.

This happened on veterans day. Coincidence?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

What are on about, the only thing you have proven is your extreme gullibility.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What 'I'm' on about is your constant attacks on this president.

North korea has been pursuing nukes for at least 30 years. Your attempts to lay blame for this at the feet of trump are disingenuous and wrong. The relationship between north/south korea hasn't been better over that time frame, they're both demilitarizing the border. That is huge. Un may or may not abide by the deal he made about nukes. Only time will tell. Even Trump has said this exact thing.

All it takes is one fake news story and you guys hop in on the bash trump fest, not one care in the world for what's actually happening. It's pathetic.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Speaking of easily duped, yes you are. Here, buried 11 paragraphs in the NYT article:

On Tuesday, the office of President Moon Jae-in of South Korea dismissed the Center for Strategic and International Studies report as containing “nothing new,” saying that South Korea and United States intelligence authorities have known about the North Korean missile bases in greater detail with the help of military spy satellites.

Kim Eui-kyeom, Mr. Moon’s spokesman, also lashed out at the characterization of these North Korean missile activities as a “great deception.”

“North Korea has never promised to dismantle its missile bases, nor has it ever joined any treaty that obligates it to dismantle them. So calling this a ‘deception’ is not appropriate,” Mr. Kim said. “If anything, the existence of these missile bases highlights the need for negotiation and dialogue, including those between the North and the United States, to eliminate the North Korean threat.”

And again, check the date of this article vs the date of the NYT article. You are being duped. It's a distraction campaign to keep you from recognizing progress. It's pathetic you guys keep falling for this stuff.
edit on 14-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So you believe nth Korea are disarming and are doing so because of Trump, and I'm stupid for being skeptical.... Okeydokey....
edit on 14-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

That's not what I said at all. Did you even read the quoted text? The president of south korea says this isn't anything new. His spokesman also says that portraying NK as deceiving anyone (the world, trump, SK, etc) based on their not dismantling these sites is inappropriate. The president of South Korea is not a left or right wing biased media source. His goal is simple, peace on the korean peninsula. Not bash or praise trump like the media here does (though he has praised trump's efforts many times, as well as criticized some of his moves).

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I was watching the news (not the so called fake US news) and lil' Kim will start testing again if sanctions aren't lifted.

Link?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So you believe nth Korea are disarming and are doing so because of Trump, and I'm stupid for being skeptical.... Okeydokey....

I think its become obvious you have a major case of Trump derangement syndrome. Like it or not he has gotten further than any president in 30 years. Trump has stated sanctions will not be removed until weapon inspectors verify they have no nukes. So your attempting to bash Trump on something he readily admits is in early stages and will take time. Negotiations like this in the past has taken years so he still has plenty of time.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Dumbest part is even if they were a threat, morons like OP would be more determined to cry about Trump for lying than be worried about nukes lmao

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If Trump does somehow manage to get nth Korea to disarm that would be impressive but sadly it's not based in reality, if you believe Kim is disarming I would have to consider you may have recently had a lobotomy.

You can call me whatever you like as long as it makes you feel all warm a gooey...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

The satellite images suggest...

So, zero facts, just the typical poo-pooing and fantasies of anti-Trump forces.

"The Satellite Images Suggest" waa good enough for Emperor Bush to invade Iraq though?

I bet 99% of armed sorties by the US begin with a report where "satellite images suggest..."

Why isn't it good enough now?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think the best way to defuse the situation with DPRK is give them help! , give them renewable energy instead of nuclear !
power their nation with an outreach program , if they agree to denuclearisation then we can give them a national grid , from the rest of the UN countries something like that , instead of imposing sanctions to punish their leaders, when all that really happens is more people are flung into poverty and die from famine , or dehydration , malnutrition .

instead of being passive agressive with them with sanctions , guide them into a new age if they are willing to concede their nuclear deterrant ambitions!

I also hope that some scientist figures out a new weapon which disables all nuclear missiles world wide all at the same time
If I were a scientist , Id invent nano machines that track down all weaponised nuclear material and change it to harmless elements , or completely disable all ICBMS globally all at once , so no nation has nuclear weapons and we are all disarmed at the same time !

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Why isn't it good enough now?

Because the satellite images don't suggest a threat to the US as they are SRBM and MRBM.

There would be an argument however that it's a threat to South Korea. But then you would have to disagree with SK saying these findings are nothing new. They also said these findings are not hampering their ongoing peace process.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Did he fire rockets again?

Did he send dog bones home instead of the missing soldiers again?

Has Trump sent a planeload of cold hard cash to him?

Is there any new evidence he is sponsoring any terrorism abroad?

Personally, I say we have much bigger fish to fry.

Perhaps the real threat to peace is the snake oils salesmen trying to sell their bombs.

Fair points.

Simply put, NK does not have the logistical capability for either a first strike, or any level of real warfare with the US. He may be a threat to some of our allies, but not to the US, as a whole.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You do realize Trump gets his Intel from the US Intel communities, right? If he said things stopped, it's because the Intel communities told him they had stopped.... in the biz we call these "briefings".

Why is it always blame the president? Are people really that naive to think the president is in charge of every-damn-thing?

A2D

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: dragonridr

If Trump does somehow manage to get nth Korea to disarm that would be impressive but sadly it's not based in reality, if you believe Kim is disarming I would have to consider you may have recently had a lobotomy.

You can call me whatever you like as long as it makes you feel all warm a gooey...

Then why is north and south korea standing down on the border? This has never happened so apparently something was different this time? Reality is so far Trump has handled thus well. As long as he doesnt get stupid he has a shot at peace in Koreas. And with the turn of vietnam to capitalism the only one left to start a fight is china.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
You do realize Trump gets his Intel from the US Intel communities, right? If he said things stopped, it's because the Intel communities told him they had stopped.... in the biz we call these "briefings".

Why is it always blame the president? Are people really that naive to think the president is in charge of every-damn-thing?

A2D

Yes I do realize that is where Trump gets his information from. That's the whole point.

With the release of this study of commercial satellite footage the American Intel community confirmed they knew about the new hidden bases. So, that means that Trump knew that it had not stopped, yet lied to the American people and said that it did.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

You people can't just leave well enough alone. Sit back and let the president and his cabinet take care of this while keeping you safe. Y'all threw a fit because he wouldn't tell y'all his plans for combating certain things because he doesn't want it spread across the world. So really, dude, sit back and STFU.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

...you dont know what "bad intel" is, do you?

My CO in 2007-08 told us to go 40 clicks north and set up a VCP near the border of Iraq and Syria. 40 clicks would have put us inside Syria. That's "bad intel"...he didn't intentionally lie to us. I'm willing to bet very large sums that this is the case here as well. In all likelihood, someone within the Intel community, who was unaware of the commercial satellite findings, probably mistakenly told Trump that things had seized and he simply repeated what he had been told. Afterall, not everyone in the Intel community is aware of everything that goes on... it's compartmentalized for security purposes...not to mention that's usually what the President does you know....act as a mouthpiece.

Literally nothing to see. It happens ALL the time.

If anyone lied to us, it was the Intel community, as the President literally only repeats what he is told.

A2D
edit on 14-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join