It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President believe me not your eyes says N Korea is not a threat, satellite images disagree

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: BlackJackal

These are all non-operational. So, what is the threat? Now we know about them and...not seeing the downside here.

No one ever said they were launch sites. They are hidden bases for research and development. The North doesn't need permanent launch facilities they have mobile launch units. That was why I mentioned the Obama era program to track those mobile launchers being grounded.

If tensions rose, the report says, the missiles would be transported from the base to prearranged launching sites — often no more than a wide spot in a road. The mobile launchers can move quickly — they can be ready to fire in under an hour — which is why the United States has been trying to get the small satellites into the sky for early warning. The satellites have a special kind of sensor using “synthetic aperture radar” that cuts through clouds.

They have no mobile launch capabilities in ICBMs only ballistic rockets. Means they ignite fly up and back down just like artillery. There only rocket with the capabilities to reach orbit is a liquid-fueled rocket that is fired from a launch tower. This is why we knew when they were preparing for a launch because they literally assemble it and fuel it on the launch tower. They as of yet not figured out how to make an ICBM mobile it is not as easy as you think. Even when they tried to show off during a military parade it was painfully obvious there mobile launcher was a fake. they have claimed to have an erector launcher but no evidence to show this to be true. There primary ICBM was Hwasong-15 its a very big rocket and very difficult to launch from a mobile launcher. Realize even the US and Russia didnt develop this until the 60s. Silo launch is still the primary method even today. They only had one site to assemble these rockets and it was damaged than they disassembled it. To my knowledge they have not created a new launch site yet and as i said earlier this report from March was discussing mobile rocket artillery units. they fire off hundreds of rockets in an artillery-like barrage.

Now if you have evidence to the contrary im sure there are alot of people that would love to see it.

I’m afraid you are wrong. The Hwasong 15 ICBM, which was test fired on November 28, 2017 is capable of being fired from a mobile launch vehicle.

LINK
edit on 12-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So they claimed but no mobile launcher capable has been seen. They use a mobile erector however it actually involves them assembling the launch tower takes a couple of hours. This isnt like most mobile launchers that launch from the vehicle itself and even with the erector still have to program and launch missile. They dont have a working guidance system and rely upon simply having the rocket run out of fuel. Unless you know something military analysts dont?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So they claimed but no mobile launcher capable has been seen. They use a mobile erector however it actually involves them assembling the launch tower takes a couple of hours. This isnt like most mobile launchers that launch from the vehicle itself and even with the erector still have to program and launch missile. They dont have a working guidance system and rely upon simply having the rocket run out of fuel. Unless you know something military analysts dont?

Nope don't have anything that the military doesn't. But, it's very possible that in the time between last November and now the North Koreans have perfected that technology since they never stopped work on the project.

The point of this topic was never what technology the North Koreans currently have at their disposal but rather the fact Trump claimed a de-escalation that never happened.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So you know that North Korea is planning to launch more missiles over Japan? Because Trump said they are no longer threatening their neighbours and well that seems to be true. No one thought this was going to happen overnight well except you I guess. Took Reagan 4 years to make a deal with the Russians and North Korea is more difficult than that.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
North Korea not fully solved in 4 months... Failure

Candidate/President Trump investigation not completely in 3 years... it's to completed to expecte it to be completely so soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You may as well go bang your head against a wall, we all saw Trump supporters calling for preemptive nuclear strikes on nth Korea for firing the test missiles over Japan, then trump had his talk with Kim, gave him recognition talked up how Kim is actively disarming .

Clearly he is not disarming and clearly never planned to .

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look, if there is a logical connection between this topic and warmongering, surely someone as smart as you can easily write it down right?

I did... several times. You just either couldn't or wouldn't grasp it. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and going with wouldn't.

You're welcome.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Because here is the logical flow of my argument:

1. President Trump said North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat
2. New satellite images and US Intelligence confirmation state N Korea has continued their nuclear and ballistic research
3. Therefore Trump was not honest with the American People

1. Israel is not a nuclear threat to the US.
2. US intelligence agencies believe Israel has nuclear weapons.
3. I lied in statement 1.

I guess since Israel has a greater number of nuclear weapons and efficient delivery systems, they pose a greater threat to the US. We'll need to do something about them first.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I was watching the news (not the so called fake US news) and lil' Kim will start testing again if sanctions aren't lifted.

Trump's meeting wasn't a peace treaty, these were two men sizing up their opponent. Stop the tests and we'll stop the sanctions.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Look, if there is a logical connection between this topic and warmongering, surely someone as smart as you can easily write it down right?

I did... several times. You just either couldn't or wouldn't grasp it. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and going with wouldn't.

You're welcome.

TheRedneck

Dude, you didn't do anything but accuse me of being a warmonger without a dab of proof. I really expected more out of you.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

2. New satellite images and US Intelligence confirmation state N Korea has continued their nuclear and ballistic research

I guess since Israel has a greater number of nuclear weapons and efficient delivery systems, they pose a greater threat to the US. We'll need to do something about them first.

So there is no difference between Israel and North Korea? Really? Your argument is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I was wondering when the party of peace would start up with the war-mongering again...

So, what's the next step according to this party of peace? Nuke 'em? Then blame it on Trump, right?

I swear, it's no wonder we have been used and abused by practically every nation on earth for so long... Trump makes a statement that everything is being handled and people seem to think that flowers are sprouting out of the test grounds and the birds are gleefully chirping Kumbaya. No. This ain't Disney people! North Korea did not... can not... change everything overnight, nor do I expect them to. We have not lifted a single sanction either, and last I heard we were considering starting our training exercises back with South Korea. We're not backing down from our aggressive stance.

In the meantime, North Korea is not going to just roll over and start crying "Please don't hurt me" either. We're holding talks aimed at denuclearization. South Korea is holding talks aimed at denuclearization. North Korea is attending talks aimed at denuclearization. We're watching their sites; they're watching us watch their sites; Japan and South Korea are holding their breath.

TheRedneck

You noticed that in this thread not a single person mentioned anything about nuking North Korea until you brought it up right? Yet, somehow you through your amazing powers you have reached into my head and pulled out a desire to nuke North Korea? You do realize how idiotic that sounds right?

You mention things can't change overnight. I get that, I understand that. However, Trump doesn't. He claimed the threat was gone and yet North Korea hasn't even given us a list of their nuclear sites. They haven't done jack squat. Yet, Trump claims everything is good in North Korea while they continue to produce nuclear material and create new research bases.

It's sad that it is so hard for you to admit that Trump lied to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They were never a threat to the US, south korea sure, japan even yep, the Chinese living near the Nuke facility uh huh (yea not directly but radiation poisoning can still kill whether they meant to or not).

lastly yall really need to make up your minds wasn't long ago folks were panicking about tough talk with north korea leading to war, he sits down and talks and the same people panic saying trump is giving up everything to them, and now that the negotiations are continuing the same people are trying to say we need to stop him by any means because he is a threat.

So which is it?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
They were never a threat to the US, south korea sure, japan even yep, the Chinese living near the Nuke facility uh huh (yea not directly but radiation poisoning can still kill whether they meant to or not).

lastly yall really need to make up your minds wasn't long ago folks were panicking about tough talk with north korea leading to war, he sits down and talks and the same people panic saying trump is giving up everything to them, and now that the negotiations are continuing the same people are trying to say we need to stop him by any means because he is a threat.

So which is it?

Really? Now North Korea was NEVER a threat? Really? Well then what about these tweets from your favorite celebrity? He sure seemed concerned when he wasn't in office.

Mr. President, it is time to lead on the Korean crisis. Make a statement from the Rose Garden and send a strong message to the man child!

Where is the President? It is time for him to come on TV and show strength against the repeated threats from North Korea -- and others.

Obama is now warning North Korea on the Yongbyon nuclear reactor t.co... After Syria, our enemies are laughing!

Do you think John Kerry is aware of the fact that they are building nuclear weapons in Iran and North Korea and Pakistan already has them!!

Russia has more warheads than ever, N Korea is testing nukes, and Iran got a sweetheart deal to keep theirs. Thanks, @HillaryClinton.

He referenced how poorly Obama was handling the threat from North Korea over 50 times on twitter and countless times on the campaign trail. So tell me again, was North Korea a threat or was Trump lying about that too?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just one more tweet from the Donald on the subject of North Korea that truly shows how much of a hypocrite this man really is:

The U.S. has been talking to North Korea, and paying them extortion money, for 25 years. Talking is not the answer!

It appears that Trump didn't like the idea of talking, so maybe it's him that is the warmonger.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Trumps the first president in the last 6 presidential terms not to invade a foreign territory by air or land or sea their first 2 years in office and you're calling him a warmonger? And he is the first to get North Korea to a negotiating table and to have our soldiers brought home after so long. He used sanctions stiffer than any previous including bringing China into the fold of not outright ignoring the sanctions. The North Korean chairman has ceased monthly missile test and opened a positive dialog with its longtime enemy in South Korea.

These reports are written by the same folks that talked us into war with Iraq and its supposed massive production of chemical stockpiles.

The defense contractors need blood to fuel their pockets with blood money in hopes to sell more bombs and rebuilding. We have a leader that actually gives a damn for our troops and our country. And this is what changing a country that has been an adversary for half a century looks like.

If you don't like Trump that's fine call him an orange rude loud Yankee like most new yorkers, but don't attempt to use our soldiers as fodder in your pointless vendetta.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

So there is no difference between Israel and North Korea? Really? Your argument is nonsense.

My argument is that just because a country has weapons that doesn't make them a threat to the US.

Want to know who I consider a threat to the US? People who try to get us to spend hundreds of billions of dollars we don't have and sacrifice thousands of servicemen to kill hundreds of thousands of people who just want to live their lives in peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

First I didn't vote for the guy and wont in 2020 either, second I see you completely ignored what I said to instead try to self validate your opinion of the president.

Again they are not a threat to the US, but when he talked tough the left flipped out, when he sat down to talk the left flipped out, what NK is saying now is an ongoing part of the negotiations so of course the left flips out.

Which is it then, what can he do in this situation where you wont flip out?

Please try to actually answer the question this time.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ah yes "satellite images" the same satellite images that lied about Iraqi's WMDs to.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The purpose of this is obvious: Distract.

What's really happening in NK? They (NK and SK) are demilitarizing the border. That story hit just before this one. They needed to bury it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join