It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President believe me not your eyes says N Korea is not a threat, satellite images disagree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: BlackJackal

t Trump told the American people they were safe from North Korean threat when the truth is it is worse now than it was before his meeting with Kim.

How is it worse now? Because there are alleged facilities that we have not been in and have no idea if they've made any progress?

They haven't tested anything in some time now, the last rounds of tests didn't look so hot for them.

Even their nuclear tests have had downfalls.

As it stands there have been steps in the right direction with talks, while the US postponed a war game for good faith, and that's about it.

I admit it being worse is an assumption, but an assumption based on the scientific process. Time is what makes research and science move forward. Since the North Koreans have not stopped any of their research one can conclude one of two things, either we are under the same amount of threat or that threat has increased. The scenario Trump tried to sell to the American public that the threat is now gone is a complete lie.

At best things are exactly as they stood on June 12th, at worst North Korea is more prepared now than before.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ah yes, remember the sweet days (not that long ago) that deranged Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war with North Korea? It dominated the headlines for a couple weeks.

But like all the other Trump fake news, it dies away and amounts to nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I wouldn't call the assumption wrong, because frankly we don't know.

I'm not any more concerned today than I was one year ago, 2, 3, or 4.

They likely have those weapons as a defensive only stance.

Plenty of sketchy countries have had/has nukes, and only one has ever used them.

Of course it's a problem that needs to be addressed, but it has to be organic and done right. I'm not gonna jump the gun too soon on any conclusion a few months in the making.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

These are all non-operational. So, what is the threat? Now we know about them and...not seeing the downside here.

www.yahoo.com...

Although the sites are not launch facilities and in some cases are rudimentary, the authors of the report from the Center for Strategic and International Studies say they are hidden and illustrate the scope of the North's weapons program and the country's determination to conceal its military might.

"The dispersed deployment of these bases and distinctive tactics employed by ballistic missile units are combined with decades of extensive camouflage, concealment and deception practices to maximize the survival of its missile units from pre-emptive strikes and during wartime operations," they said.

So, are they manned?
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002018-11-12T13:54:05-06:000105 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

So this is just like a few weeks ago, when the MSM was screaming from the rooftops about the IAEA inspectors citing that North Korea was moving ahead with its Nuclear program.

Then come to find out, they never even had any inspectors from the IAEA in the country. They took one guys OPINION from that organization and ran with it.

And considering your source is the failing New York Times...... ‘Nuff said.

Trump is almost always proven right in the end. This will be no different.

Sigh, would you prefer FOX NEWS

North Korea is conning the United States, building up secret, smaller missile bases even after publicly touting the dismantling of its main launch site, according to a new review of satellite images by a top think tank.

Not really.

Surprise you much? See I know for a fact, due to what I’ve seen with my own two eyes, and heard with my own two ears, that there is an obvious disconnect, with what I am actually seeing happen around me, and what the pretty people ln TV are telling me.

And I live in the middle of rural Louisiana, where everything here is still from the 50’s (including most state laws) and things like racism, sexism, etc. that the pretty people on TV keep screaming and throwing hissy fits about just aren’t happening.

In fact I see the opposite.

So to you, and the other chick (or however she/he self identifies) why don’t YOU be the ones that check your sources and maybe have more than just one source (a source which is known to lie and retract stories quite a lot, look it up if you think I’m a liar.)

Fake news is fake.

Maybe the North Koreans will swim over here and invade.

You guys can always hope right?

Man, you are towing that line HARD. Look here is a link to the actual study, which was confirmed by the US Intelligence Network. The think tank that conducted the study has no reason to lie, they are highly respected and based primarily out of South Korea. Here is their mission statement.

Beyond Parallel is a nonpartisan and authoritative analytic vehicle for delivering greater clarity and understanding to policymakers, strategists, and opinion leaders about Korean unification. The project will address issues that hold strategic significance for unification and functional issues such as economic development, migration, food security, transitional justice, human rights, and health that will be at the heart of how unification is carried out.

LINK

I have provided you with ample proof, it is you who is doing nothing but defending for defense sake. You have absolutely nothing to back you up except document liar Trump's promise that the threat is now gone. Unless you can do better you aren't worth a mention moving forward.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
We don't need Obama's satellites......the u s a has out of this world weaponry

Caynt say....

Don't think we are supposed to talk about the SSP, quite yet...at least until the groundside cleanup is accomplished...but, over a year ago, Prez the Donald stood in front of the UN body...about 15 feet from the NK delegates...and laughed at them, saying that didn't need nukes to basically scrape them off the planet. Hilarious and very telling to me, given the reactions of the audience.
edit on 12-11-2018 by Enderdog because: Gotta blame nuns for this one...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Better we ignore reality and just live in Trump's bubble of bull# lest we all be called "war mongers" by the supporters of the guy who thinks we need a new nuclear arms race.

Reality is exactly where I live. I don't expect the unicorns to make their rainbow fly across North Korea because of a single meeting. The simple fact is that we are safer now than we were before, the war is over (remains returned), and we're still pressing forward toward peace.

Literally nobody said this.

It's implied pretty strongly. Let me ask you directly, what's your solution if not war? You certainly would rather bash Trump than work towards peace... that's pretty obvious to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

These are all non-operational. So, what is the threat? Now we know about them and...not seeing the downside here.

Proof? Surely you have proof and are not just saying what comes into your head.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I recall that a number of us predicted this. I believe we were accused of not having faith in the process or something similar.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The only people in this thread discussing going to war with North Korea are the Trump supporters.

So again,

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION IF NOT WAR?

There are two solutions: war and peace. Trump is trying peace. You don't like that.

You are attempting to shift the discussion away from something you can't defend into something you hope you can.

No, I am pointing out that you are unwilling to accept a pathway to peace. I don't see where I even need to concern myself with that proposal being literally insane... but here you are, defending it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Better we ignore reality and just live in Trump's bubble of bull# lest we all be called "war mongers" by the supporters of the guy who thinks we need a new nuclear arms race.

Reality is exactly where I live. I don't expect the unicorns to make their rainbow fly across North Korea because of a single meeting. The simple fact is that we are safer now than we were before, the war is over (remains returned), and we're still pressing forward toward peace.

It's implied pretty strongly. Let me ask you directly, what's your solution if not war? You certainly would rather bash Trump than work towards peace... that's pretty obvious to me.

TheRedneck

Implied pretty strongly? Seriously? Go back through the thread and show me where anyone has suggested launching an attack, starting a war, or even spitting at North Korea. The only people making that suggestion are you and the other people refusing to address the topic at hand.

How can you continue to defend Trump when he lied about the security of the United States of America to the American people. He literally said the threat from North Korea was done, over and that is not the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How can you continue to defend Trump when he lied about the security of the United States of America to the American people. He literally said the threat from North Korea was done, over and that is not the truth.

He said that North Korea was not a threat at that time, and the simple truth is they're still not. Right now I am thanking God above that you are not in charge of US security... because with your obvious lack of international relations and military technology we would be a conquered, devastated country.

Without additional testing, North Korea poses no threat to anyone except maybe South Korea and possibly Japan. South Korea is in constant peace talks with them. Japan seems very happy no more missiles are flying over their heads. Only you and your cohorts are screaming for us to do something about an immediate threat that doesn't exist.

And you don't see the problem with that?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I just read the original think tank's report, and it is not nearly as grim as framed by media outlets. That said, it doesn't paint the picture of success either.

-Sakkanmol currently houses a unit equipped with SRBMs but could easily accommodate more capable medium-range ballistic missiles (MRBMs).
-The base is also one of the closest to the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and Seoul, giving it the shortest flight time.
- North Korea’s decommissioning of the Sohae satellite launch facility, while gaining much media attention, obscures the military threat to U.S. forces and South Korea from this and other undeclared ballistic missile bases.
link

Those are the opening points in the original report from the think tank's site.

I read the whole thing, and didn't find any discussion of ICBM's.

Again, that doesn't absolve them of being considered a threat, but many are making this look more dire than the original report reads.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I wouldn't call the assumption wrong, because frankly we don't know.

I'm not any more concerned today than I was one year ago, 2, 3, or 4.

They likely have those weapons as a defensive only stance.

Plenty of sketchy countries have had/has nukes, and only one has ever used them.

Of course it's a problem that needs to be addressed, but it has to be organic and done right. I'm not gonna jump the gun too soon on any conclusion a few months in the making.

My unsticky stars are frustrating me on this thread.

That will have to do, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I recall that a number of us predicted this. I believe we were accused of not having faith in the process or something similar.

Yep, and now for pointing out that little Kim is still actively procuring nuclear weapons we are warmongers wanting war... I'm not sure people reach these conclusions, other than being somewhat delusional.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Implied pretty strongly? Seriously? Go back through the thread and show me where anyone has suggested launching an attack, starting a war, or even spitting at North Korea. The only people making that suggestion are you and the other people refusing to address the topic at hand.

you have made several strong statements here, but I seem to be missing some context.

Can you please cite exactly where NK should be right now in their disarm agreement with the US? I only ask, as I'm not sure they were told to turn in all weapons including slingshots by October 10th or something, so please tell us where they should be as opposed to where they are. Unless this is just about "orange man bad", in which case I'd say you are pathetic and walk away smiling.
edit on 12-11-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

He said that North Korea was not a threat at that time, and the simple truth is they're still not. Right now I am thanking God above that you are not in charge of US security... because with your obvious lack of international relations and military technology we would be a conquered, devastated country.

Without additional testing, North Korea poses no threat to anyone except maybe South Korea and possibly Japan. South Korea is in constant peace talks with them. Japan seems very happy no more missiles are flying over their heads. Only you and your cohorts are screaming for us to do something about an immediate threat that doesn't exist.

TheRedneck

Wow, you really have your head in the sand don't you? If you look back at my post, he said just last Wednesday that everything was fine in North Korea.

You keep implying that I want war with North Korea. I have no idea how you are making that logical leap. I am only pointing out that Trump lied to the American people about our national security. I have no idea the best way to handle North Korea and I'm pretty sure no one else does either. But you know what, this board went after Obama aggressively for not doing anything about North Korea. Now that it has been proven that all Trump was able to accomplish was to stop the missile launches and North Korea is still moving forward with nuclear and ballistic research, the tune has changed to "Well, what do you want him to do". (BTW, that argument from the pro-Obama people didn't fly on this site then either) Also, don't forget he legitimized Kim and stopped the US/South Korea war games even though North Korea hasn't held up it's side of the bargain like Trump has been claiming they have.

It's crazy that you cant realize that you are literally now on the other side of the argument from when Obama was in office.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Wow, you really have your head in the sand don't you? If you look back at my post, he said just last Wednesday that everything was fine in North Korea.

You keep implying that I want war with North Korea. I have no idea how you are making that logical leap. I am only pointing out that Trump lied to the American people about our national security. I have no idea the best way to handle North Korea and I'm pretty sure no one else does either. But you know what, this board went after Obama aggressively for not doing anything about North Korea. Now that it has been proven that all Trump was able to accomplish was to stop the missile launches and North Korea is still moving forward with nuclear and ballistic research, the tune has changed to "Well, what do you want him to do". (BTW, that argument from the pro-Obama people didn't fly on this site then either) Also, don't forget he legitimized Kim and stopped the US/South Korea war games even though North Korea hasn't held up it's side of the bargain like Trump has been claiming they have.

It's crazy that you cant realize that you are literally now on the other side of the argument from when Obama was in office.

Woa there thunder, they are still making Nukes? where did you see that? Ballistic missiles are not inherently NUKES. I'm going to need some proof, lest you recant that silliness.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

TheRedneck

you have made several strong statements here, but I seem to be missing some context.

Can you please cite exactly where NK should be right now in their disarm agreement with the US? I only ask, as I'm not sure they were told to turn in all weapons including slingshots by October 10th or something, so please tell us where they should be as opposed to where they are. Unless this is just about "orange man bad", in which case I'd say you are pathetic and walk away smiling.

Geez, can you not read? Trump stated that North Korea was 'no longer a nuclear threat' in June. However, since that time North Korea hasn't backed down from the production of nuclear material and have created new bases to carry out this research.

How is North Korea no longer a nuclear threat if they continue to develop their capabilities?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

TheRedneck

Woa there thunder, they are still making Nukes? where did you see that? Ballistic missiles are not inherently NUKES. I'm going to need some proof, lest you recant that silliness.

Reading is a must:

Weapons experts, as well as Mr. Pompeo, say that North Korea, despite engaging in denuclearization talks, continues to produce the fissile material that fuels nuclear arms. The North is believed to have about 40 to 60 nuclear warheads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join