It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President believe me not your eyes says N Korea is not a threat, satellite images disagree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: BlackJackal

So this is just like a few weeks ago, when the MSM was screaming from the rooftops about the IAEA inspectors citing that North Korea was moving ahead with its Nuclear program.

Then come to find out, they never even had any inspectors from the IAEA in the country. They took one guys OPINION from that organization and ran with it.

And considering your source is the failing New York Times...... ‘Nuff said.

Trump is almost always proven right in the end. This will be no different.

Sigh, would you prefer FOX NEWS

North Korea is conning the United States, building up secret, smaller missile bases even after publicly touting the dismantling of its main launch site, according to a new review of satellite images by a top think tank.

Not really.

Surprise you much? See I know for a fact, due to what I’ve seen with my own two eyes, and heard with my own two ears, that there is an obvious disconnect, with what I am actually seeing happen around me, and what the pretty people ln TV are telling me.

And I live in the middle of rural Louisiana, where everything here is still from the 50’s (including most state laws) and things like racism, sexism, etc. that the pretty people on TV keep screaming and throwing hissy fits about just aren’t happening.

In fact I see the opposite.

So to you, and the other chick (or however she/he self identifies) why don’t YOU be the ones that check your sources and maybe have more than just one source (a source which is known to lie and retract stories quite a lot, look it up if you think I’m a liar.)

Fake news is fake.

Maybe the North Koreans will swim over here and invade.

You guys can always hope right?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

See above post.

Your response isn’t even worth a serious rebuttal

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Propagandalf

The satellite images suggest...

So, zero facts, just the typical poo-pooing and fantasies of anti-Trump forces.

Confirmation from US Intelligence Agencies that the conclusions were correct:

a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.

Are you ok with your President lying to you about something so important just to make himself appear competent?

Oh, you know what Trumps desires and intentions are. Again, zero facts, only fantasies.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was wondering when the party of peace would start up with the war-mongering again...

So, what's the next step according to this party of peace? Nuke 'em? Then blame it on Trump, right?

I swear, it's no wonder we have been used and abused by practically every nation on earth for so long... Trump makes a statement that everything is being handled and people seem to think that flowers are sprouting out of the test grounds and the birds are gleefully chirping Kumbaya. No. This ain't Disney people! North Korea did not... can not... change everything overnight, nor do I expect them to. We have not lifted a single sanction either, and last I heard we were considering starting our training exercises back with South Korea. We're not backing down from our aggressive stance.

In the meantime, North Korea is not going to just roll over and start crying "Please don't hurt me" either. We're holding talks aimed at denuclearization. South Korea is holding talks aimed at denuclearization. North Korea is attending talks aimed at denuclearization. We're watching their sites; they're watching us watch their sites; Japan and South Korea are holding their breath.

All this talk of cities being nuked is bunk. There have been no more tests, and that means there have been no successful tests. North Korea firing off an ICBM right now would be akin to them launching a paper airplane... it would probably not hit its target even if that target were close and even if it did hit it would do no damage. There's more to attaching a nuke than a roll of duct tape. They're actually rather difficult to set off, and they weigh so much they tend to destabilize the ICBM if not properly mounted. Without further testing, North Korea is not going to be able to do much other than threaten.

That's why the tests were so scary to begin with.

But hey, ignore all that. NUKE 'EM BACK TO THE STONE AGE! BLAME TRUMP! KILL 'EM ALL TO PROVE TRUMP IS A WARMONGER! While we're at it, you want to nuke Russia too? That'll show Trump!

Pitiful...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Man, talk about whiplash...

Wasn't it not too very long ago that Trump was going to start a war that would kill us all...?

Now it's 180 degrees the other way??

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The press is being deceptive missile operating bases are not launch facilities. What they are showing is missile operating bases think of it as rocket artillery base. The other thing they are not telling you is this information is based off satellite photos from march of 2018. As of right now North Korea doesn't have the ability to fire ICBMs from anything other than a launch facility. They tried to claim they have mobile launchers but currently that seems unlikely.

I find it odd that Trump makes a statement and people drag up satellite photos from march in an attempt to prove him wrong.

What Trump said is simple sanctions are on and North Korea is no longer threatening its neighbors both of which are true

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I have a sneaking suspicion if Trump sent bombers to destroy North Korea we would be getting stories about how they were complying and currently in peace talks with South Korea.
edit on 11/12/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I just find it strange that some would prefer an all-out nuclear war to Trump doing anything productive.

Whiplash, indeed. TDS induced whiplash!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ok - saying they are not a threat, and saying their nuclear facilities have all been destroyed are not the same thing.

Trump has never said their nuclear capability has been destroyed, in fact he has said that will take several years to accomplish which everyone who knows anything about this topic knows that.

What he means by this statement is they are not looking to launch them at anybody now, they are interested in the peace process.

Let me ask you this question - do you consider the UK or France to be a nuclear threat? I don't, but they have an active nuclear program so technically you could say they are. It all depends on how you want to define threat, and of course as usual you have defined it the way you want to make the president a "LIAR".

edit on 12-11-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

link   

...because GW Bush and Colin Powell's satellite image argument went so well...

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So your reply said Trump BAD RRhheee.

So I'll ask again... what do you perceive our priorities should be in the US?

Is North Korea the biggest for you?

If so, why?

Why not Iran?

And for the record, unlike you I don't have to like a President.

What I have to like is the results.

Trump's results so far... good!!!

Obama's results after 8 years? sucked!

I'm not having to marry the guy, after all... I just want the President to give good results.

You know... objective analysis and rational thought.

As opposed to being told what to feel and then make 45289792847298347298 threads based on it.

You could have taken your manhours so far dedicated to threads and done a whole lot for a homeless person, for instance.

Sigh, just like the others here, you are unable to defend the actual topic. The President you blindly defend day after day has lied to the American People about our national security and yet you still defend him. But you defend him poorly without actually addressing the main issue that Trump told the American people they were safe from North Korean threat when the truth is it is worse now than it was before his meeting with Kim.

You are attempting to shift the discussion away from something you can't defend into something you hope you can. That is called a Strawman argument, meaning instead of fighting the actual opponent you construct a strawman that is easier to defeat. That is called a logical fallacy and is frowned upon because it only serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Why don't you address how you can continue to believe in a President that would lie about something as monumental as national security to only make himself look better?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh, of course! Kim Jong Un would be the left's best bud!

After all, look what happened with Jeff Sessions? He was a great guy until Trump appointed him, the spawn of Satan when that happened, and as soon as Trump fired him he was some sort of angelic being. Same with James Comey.

Transparent foolishness is transparent.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

t Trump told the American people they were safe from North Korean threat when the truth is it is worse now than it was before his meeting with Kim.

How is it worse now? Because there are alleged facilities that we have not been in and have no idea if they've made any progress?

They haven't tested anything in some time now, the last rounds of tests didn't look so hot for them.

Even their nuclear tests have had downfalls.

As it stands there have been steps in the right direction with talks, while the US postponed a war game for good faith, and that's about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I was wondering when the party of peace would start up with the war-mongering again...

Huh?

So acknowledging that the North Koreans are predictably up to their usual shenanigans is "war mongering" now? How does that make sense? Better we ignore reality and just live in Trump's bubble of bull# lest we all be called "war mongers" by the supporters of the guy who thinks we need a new nuclear arms race.

But hey, ignore all that. NUKE 'EM BACK TO THE STONE AGE! BLAME TRUMP! KILL 'EM ALL TO PROVE TRUMP IS A WARMONGER! While we're at it, you want to nuke Russia too? That'll show Trump!

Literally nobody said this.

Pitiful...

Pretty much how I'm feeling about these straw man histrionics in defense of Trump's absurd assertions.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You don't need to be very old to remember that crock of bull excrement. They promised us Saddam Hussein was about to gas half the Middle East. They told us they had evidence.

Turns out, no, he didn't have any significant amount of chemical weapons, and what little he did have was leftovers from the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980's that were probably too degraded to actually kill anybody. Also, they were well aware of this when they lied and told us otherwise.

As the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So, what's the next step according to this party of peace? Nuke 'em? Then blame it on Trump, right?

I swear, it's no wonder we have been used and abused by practically every nation on earth for so long... Trump makes a statement that everything is being handled and people seem to think that flowers are sprouting out of the test grounds and the birds are gleefully chirping Kumbaya. No. This ain't Disney people! North Korea did not... can not... change everything overnight, nor do I expect them to. We have not lifted a single sanction either, and last I heard we were considering starting our training exercises back with South Korea. We're not backing down from our aggressive stance.

In the meantime, North Korea is not going to just roll over and start crying "Please don't hurt me" either. We're holding talks aimed at denuclearization. South Korea is holding talks aimed at denuclearization. North Korea is attending talks aimed at denuclearization. We're watching their sites; they're watching us watch their sites; Japan and South Korea are holding their breath.

All this talk of cities being nuked is bunk. There have been no more tests, and that means there have been no successful tests. North Korea firing off an ICBM right now would be akin to them launching a paper airplane... it would probably not hit its target even if that target were close and even if it did hit it would do no damage. There's more to attaching a nuke than a roll of duct tape. They're actually rather difficult to set off, and they weigh so much they tend to destabilize the ICBM if not properly mounted. Without further testing, North Korea is not going to be able to do much other than threaten.

That's why the tests were so scary to begin with.

Pitiful...

TheRedneck

The only people in this thread discussing going to war with North Korea are the Trump supporters. Each and every one of you are doing so because what Trump did was indefensible. However, since you MUST DEFEND HIM at all costs the only thing you can do is attempt to use a logical fallacy to pull it off.

You are attempting to shift the discussion away from something you can't defend into something you hope you can. That is called a Strawman argument, meaning instead of fighting the actual opponent you construct a strawman that is easier to defeat. That is called a logical fallacy and is frowned upon because it only serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Not a single person is addressing the fact that Trump told America it was free from the threat of North Korea, yet that turned out not to only be false but worse than it was before. The entire time between June and now the North Koreans have continued to make nuclear material to be used in bombs and continued their research into ballistic missiles.

If North Korea was a threat during the Obama administration (which a quick check in the archives indicates there was much discussion on that topic here) then it is still a threat now. One that Trump stated was solved but is not. That is the topic. Saying "What do you want to do about North Korea" doesn't change the fact that Trump lied about national security.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thread is such a fail.
🤣🤣🤣

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You don't need to be very old to remember that crock of bull excrement. They promised us Saddam Hussein was about to gas half the Middle East. They told us they had evidence.

Turns out, no, he didn't have any significant amount of chemical weapons, and what little he did have was leftovers from the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980's that were probably too degraded to actually kill anybody. Also, they were well aware of this when they lied and told us otherwise.

As the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

So let me get this straight. Your argument is that Trump, a painstakingly document liar, is to be trusted over a top think tank and the American Intelligence networks?

Is that really your argument? Seems a lot naive and gullible to me.

link   

Well...not that I've dug down into Korea lately..but I saw two articles this morning about them unmanning and tearing down border crossing infrastructure. And the pics I have seen, of Rocketman, since the Singapore meet, show him looking very happy, wearing western clothes, and not surrounded by guards/handlers. Very marked difference. I don't think that kind of thing can really be faked convincingly.

I seem to recall that Kim Jong Un, was educated in Europe...Oxford maybe? So he has had a taste of Westernism. Benjamin Fulford is optimistic...for whatever that is worth.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
What else was to be expected? We all know NK leadership always lies and is always deceptive. For someone who lies all the time, like Trump, he's awfully naive himself... he just believes all kinds of crap dictators tell him.

Oh well, at least no one fell for something stupid, like a commemorative coin.

the coin that commemorated bringing NK to peace talks and a solution to end their Nuclear desires? that coin? The one that a few idiots laughed at when Trump called Kim's bluff and made him run back to the table and sit quietly? Yea, I remember that. I should have bought a few. They may be worth a bunch one day when we look back on the first major accomplishment of Emperor Trump after his 30 year reign on Trumpmerica.

He said to tell you to buckle up, and I think he called you "buttercup". You must be a friend of his to have such a cute name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join