It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President believe me not your eyes says N Korea is not a threat, satellite images disagree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
On June 13th Trump stated that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat, but that appears to be nothing but his patented self-aggrandizing:

"Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," Trump tweeted as he arrived back in Washington. "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

LINK

On Wednesday of last week when asked about talks with North Korea, this is what Trump had to say:

“We are in no rush,” Mr. Trump said of talks with the North at a news conference on Wednesday, after Republicans lost control of the House. “The sanctions are on. The missiles have stopped. The rockets have stopped. The hostages are home.”

However, thanks to commercial satellite photos Trump has been proven dead wrong. Not only is North Korea moving ahead with it's ballistic missile program Trump was aware of that fact and choose instead to lie to the American people to make himself look good.

North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.

The satellite images suggest that the North has been engaged in a great deception: It has offered to dismantle a major launching site — a step it began, then halted — while continuing to make improvements at more than a dozen others that would bolster launches of conventional and nuclear warheads.

That's right, 16 hidden bases that the US government was aware of, moving forward with the ballistic missile program all while President Trump claims the threat is over. I will give Trump one thing, the launches have ceased for now but the threat is far from over as he claims. According to US Intelligence it even appears that the nuclear program is continuing as well:

Weapons experts, as well as Mr. Pompeo, say that North Korea, despite engaging in denuclearization talks, continues to produce the fissile material that fuels nuclear arms. The North is believed to have about 40 to 60 nuclear warheads.

In addition to all of that it also appears that North Korea is leveraging the new softer tone from Donald Trump in order to circumvent the sanctions as well:

And the sanctions are collapsing, in part because North Korea has leveraged its new, softer-sounding relationship with Washington, and its stated commitment to eventual denuclearization, to resume trade with Russia and China.

Also, The North has not even begun the process of denuclearization, refusing to give the US any information:

Since the initial meeting between Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim, on June 12 in Singapore, the North has yet to take the first step toward denuclearization: providing the United States with a list of its nuclear sites, weapons, production facilities and missile bases. North Korean officials have told Mr. Pompeo that would amount to giving him a “target list.”

Finally, the military program, begun by the Obama administration, that was designed to track any mobile missile sites the North might have, has never gotten off the ground:

Moreover, an American program to track those mobile missiles with a new generation of small, inexpensive satellites, disclosed by The New York Times more than a year ago, is stalled. The Pentagon once hoped to have the first satellites over North Korea by now, giving it early warning if the mobile missiles are rolled out of mountain tunnels and prepared for launch.

But because of a series of budget and bureaucratic disputes, the early warning system, begun by the Obama administration and handed off to the Trump administration, has yet to go into operation. Current and former officials, who said they could not publicly discuss the program because it is heavily classified, said there was still hope of launching the satellites, but they offered no timeline.

LINK

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So this is just like a few weeks ago, when the MSM was screaming from the rooftops about the IAEA inspectors citing that North Korea was moving ahead with its Nuclear program.

Then come to find out, they never even had any inspectors from the IAEA in the country. They took one guys OPINION from that organization and ran with it.

And considering your source is the failing New York Times...... ‘Nuff said.

Trump is almost always proven right in the end. This will be no different.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So do you think North Korea is still a threat?

Do you think they have the program for a deterrent against regime change, or will they use it?

Is it possible Trump is speaking kindly of them through the negotiation process instead of back tracking any progress made?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Did he fire rockets again?

Did he send dog bones home instead of the missing soldiers again?

Has Trump sent a planeload of cold hard cash to him?

Is there any new evidence he is sponsoring any terrorism abroad?

Personally, I say we have much bigger fish to fry.

Perhaps the real threat to peace is the snake oils salesmen trying to sell their bombs.
edit on 12-11-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dp.
edit on 12-11-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Do you feel we should invade North Korea to forcibly make them cease development? Or just bomb them?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Do you feel we should invade North Korea to forcibly make them cease development? Or just bomb them?

North Korea has always been a pawn in international, and individual countries politics.

No one wants to invade, the cost of life and money would be too great.

No one wants North Korea to dissolve either. This is going to sound callous but it's the truth. No one can absorb a nation of brain washed and uneducated people.

Truth be told, people only talk about them when it's convenient for them. We all know they aren't going to attack anyone, they don't even have enough money to have lights on in the country, or their people fed.
edit on 12-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It must really dig at you that Trump was able to get further with N.K. than the previous 70+ years of US leadership. To top it off he wasn't even PC about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Seems like there should be a "I told you so" in there.

It was predicted this was going to happen and well.....it did. There is probably nothing the US can do now.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What else was to be expected? We all know NK leadership always lies and is always deceptive. For someone who lies all the time, like Trump, he's awfully naive himself... he just believes all kinds of crap dictators tell him.

Oh well, at least no one fell for something stupid, like a commemorative coin.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Diggin deep for the daily sludge report.

Do you actually research this crap or does it come in a daily email?

Inquiring minds want to know.
edit on R422018-11-12T11:42:10-06:00k4211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Well considering North Koreas main test site collapsed I would say they were just buying time to rebuild new facilities.

North Korea has gone through many yearly periods without launching anything.

To think north korea is doing anything new or different is completely naive.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think everyone but Mother Nature is getting too much credit.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very convincing sat pics there🚬💨

Bwaaaa😆😆😆

Bet their old too 😎

Another fail 🎃🍌

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It pains me to think how many people are out there that would rather take the word of Donald Trump over satellite photos.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lol, tRump is a serial liar. Maybe if you could extract your head from his colon you could see that. a reply to: Cancerwarrior

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It pains me to think how many people are out there that would rather take the word of Donald Trump over satellite photos.

Did you look at the photos?
Or are you taking someone's word for what's on the photos?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Eh, I think there are plenty of different schools of thought on this one.

For me it's as simple as trying different approaches can't hurt.

Other than toppling their government, what options do we have.

Also, if we do topple it, who takes over?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

North Korea Federal Reserve Bank

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

North Korea Federal Reserve Bank

Their GDP is less that a tenth of Jeff Bezos's net worth.

Hence why no one want's to deal with the void left after we take out the regime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join