It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Gov is a complete idiot.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this is not a surprise... amusingly he forgets to mention his "Green-capitalist" utopia is also heavily contributing to the present ecocide

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is the CA gov a person to be an idiot?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

What tree is that? Are those the palm trees that are pretty much the official symbol of California?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

blaming something for an event that "is still under investigation" is premature and ignorant

Long before climate change was a hot button issue, California had fires. California had winds. So this event, however tragic it may be, is not something new, not something the deniers cooked up, and not something political.

So then Trump is an idiot? Because I'm pretty sure his first response was to essentially blame Jerry Brown for worsening wildfires.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I think he is either talking about Tree of heaven or Eucalyptus.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think the Fukushima radiation is really taking a toll on the collective California/West Coast.

What other explanation is there for such desperate claims??? This idiocy can't be natural, CAN IT????????????!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ca forest have been burning for 1000s of years its us humans who seem to think we have a duity to put the fires out

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
No dude... the reason there are wildfires are because you've squandered all of the money the government has given you to manage the environment, and now these are the consequences.

Manage your damn forests, and stop blaming it on the boogeyman.

You got some sources for this? How much money has the government given to the state of California for forestry management exactly? How was it squandered?

Also, you realize that more than half the forests in California are on federal land right? Is the federal government doing a super bang up job or nah?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

There were micro quakes where the last 7 fires broke out. They just put Mt Shasta on high alert, Lassen is sinking, we could be getting ready for an active volcanic period.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

hot damn - that's relevant news

is there an ongoing thread about this?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Climate change is not causing an increase of wildfires there, it is their stupid activities and depleating the water reserves that is causing the increased risk. Birds poop in trees supplying needed nitrogen to make the trees less susceptible to catching fire. The nitrogen in the poop comes from the birds eating bugs. California uses more pesticides than any other state, that hurts the birds food supply and lowers the number of birds. That is not related in the least to climate change, that is related to greed and being idiots, not considering all the side effects of what they do because they want more money flowing into their state.

The guy is an idiot, he does not know what he is talking about. Ask a forest scientist about this. I believe we must watch climate change, but CO2 is just one element of climate change, the people looking at just CO2 are too narrow minded, people collecting money from climate change are not worried about fixing the problem, it is income.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Controlled burns are necessary to managing this sort of event and are actually beneficial to the environment. If they don't control burn, they are mismanaging...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I dont know if there is a thread, but you can read or watch these links

www.actionnewsnow.com...

www.wired.com...

Dutchsince covers the quakes I think US california starts about 24 min. www.youtube.com...

Just FYI I live about 45 min from MT Shasta and about 30 Min, from MT Lassen, and about 10 miles from the Redding fire and about 45 miles from the Paradise Fire, so Ive been keeping an eye on all this. I also live under 2 dams. Time to move.

edit on 12-11-2018 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
@theantediluvian

If California would worry more about managing their forests and water resources instead of spending their money to promote illegal immigration, and stop giving social assistance to every tom dick and harry, then maybe they wouldn't be in this mess?

The government has sent Commiefornia funds in the past for "natural disasters" and where has the money gone? Can you show me?

ETA: Can't manage the forests when you have democratic bleeding hearts in power stopping it because of some endangered bug, or frog. There is always some BS excuse from environmentalists on why we shouldn't help manage our environment because they know better.
edit on 11/12/2018 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting article in the LA times

thefederalistpapers.org... Xibsg-bGbVLiTWTkUXk

California forests have grown dryer and less healthy from overcrowded trees, infestations of bark beetles and the effects of climate change, the Las Angeles Times writes. California’s restrictions on active forest management have contributed to the poor and worsening conditions of the forests, allowing them to grow uninhibited while suppressing fires that would normally naturally control the forests’ growth.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The entire north American continent was burned annually, or biannually, by the indigenous population. Where I live right now, with all its trees...a majority of those trees are all less than 200 year old. Excepting a few forests here and there to allow the deer/elk to live.

California...is the king of wildfires. So much so that a sizable portion of their flora cannot grow without fire to prepare the seeds and soil.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There really aren't many people outside of politics who dont believe climate change is being expedited by man.

Of coarse this is also an issue of man's expansion into nature itself. Which is another large issue that causes fires.

We are seeing a lot of habitat collapse whether or not you want to preserve what is remaining is the real question.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Well the first step is to get rwnjs to accept that the climate is changing. So I’m encouraged by the op. The next is for them to accept science, which seems to be a challenge. a reply to: network dude

Which is just wonderful and all, but.......how does that equate to global warming DENIERS are to blame?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Don't you poo all over the great state of Hell...... sorry, I mean California!

All of the wildfires are, in fact, caused by the .01 degree change in weather, and all specifically the fault of people that deny climate change....... because reasons.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Blaming "someone" is the cause du jur.

The reality is, we are all to blame.

I saw pictures, several, showing those Tesla charging stations being powered by diesel generators. We do these things and want to believe we are pious...the reality is nothing in our economic model supports moving away from fossil fuels.

I guess a more appropriate statement is, if any of us are to blame we are all to blame. No doubt the climate is changing. We just want to bicker over cause. Expect any moves away from oil to be even uglier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join