It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Gov is a complete idiot.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Jerry Brown: Climate-Change Deniers 'Definitely Contributing' to the 'New Abnormal' of Wildfires

pjmedia.com...

California Gov. Jerry Brown said all climate-change deniers are "definitely contributing" to the fatal wind-whipped wildfires that have pummeled northern and southern parts of the state over the past few days, as well as blazes "in the coming years." The Camp Fire in Butte County, north of Sacramento in California's Gold Rush country, has claimed the lives of at least 29 people, according to Cal Fire incident stats this evening. The blaze, which started Thursday, has destroyed 6,453 residences and 260 commercial buildings, making it the most destructive fire in the state's history as it ripped through Paradise, Calif., at a speed of 80 acres per minute, and was 25 percent contained at 11,000 acres. The cause is still under investigation.

Weather or not climate change is man made, man caused, partially man made/caused, or totally natural, yes, the climate is changing and has changed. I have yet to see anyone on any side dispute that. But as the article mentions, and common sense dictates, blaming something for an event that "is still under investigation" is premature and ignorant.

Long before climate change was a hot button issue, California had fires. California had winds. So this event, however tragic it may be, is not something new, not something the deniers cooked up, and not something political. To think that this is the leadership in charge during a horrible event such as this is almost as frightening as the event itself. Gov. Brown, please, you are embarrassing yourself, your state, and the human race.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Wait until Gavin takes over. This level of stupid is going to increase significantly.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And people are screaming about Trump's comments 😆

NWO a-go-go

Agenda 2030 😆

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No dude... the reason there are wildfires are because you've squandered all of the money the government has given you to manage the environment, and now these are the consequences.

Manage your damn forests, and stop blaming it on the boogeyman.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The progressive ideology caused the snow to fall in my state.

Don't you dare ask me to prove it!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Do remember a similar fire in the 70s....and they keep going and going and going..

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is a US based Aerial Firefighting Company with 10 fire water bombing Aircraft, based in Chico, CA. U.S. Company with U.S employees. 10 miles away from the Camp Fire. They were not requested or used by the State of California. Homes burned and people died. Heads need to roll.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Trump was 100% correct. California wasted/embezzled the billions of dollars that they were given for forest management. The primary purpose of forest management (at least in a dry state like California) is to mitigate the potential damage wildfires can cause. That's why they're having such bad wildfires. The 0.01 degree increase in temperature climate change has caused over the past few years is irrelevant.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Part of this is where people live and how many are there, and part of it is environmental mismanagement for the number of people who live there. Fire is an essential part of the California eco-system and always has been, and the natural drought cycles will make it worse at times. People could manage the water and forests to mitigate the fires. People could even burn off parts of the forest regularly under controlled conditions like we in the plains burn off the grasslands periodically, but no ... the environmentalists are mental that way.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well the first step is to get rwnjs to accept that the climate is changing. So I’m encouraged by the op. The next is for them to accept science, which seems to be a challenge. a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i have good news for you! its not officially confirmed by the white house but there are rumours on youtube! so it must be true. in december a lifesize 'trumpuppet' will be released. and you know what, instead a penis it has a huge weapon! must be a dream for all right-wingers!

i keep my fingers crossed and hope its not too expensive!

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Well the first step is to get rwnjs to accept that the climate is changing. So I’m encouraged by the op. The next is for them to accept science, which seems to be a challenge. a reply to: network dude

Oh please, anyone can tell you that climate changes. We all know this. Where I am at right now used to be under a mile of ice. Guess what? We called that the "ice age". Do you know why? Because the much of the earth used to be covered by these massive glaciers, and then, the changing climate warmed (OMG! Global Warming!), and those glaciers receded to expose large portions of the northern hemisphere.

So, golly gosh oh gee, climate changes. Any idiot knows this.

Where we differ from you so-called sciency consensus folks is in whether or not it actually is changing right this second to some catastrophic degree, and if so, why that might be. What if any large-scale perceived changes are natural ones which they very well might be? We do know from our studies of the past that the earth has had both warmer and colder climates than the one we have today and life went on just fine.
edit on 12-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Poster is an obvious troll.

Wasting your time.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

yeah! lets # mother earth!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I don't know you like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I live about an hour from Paradise next to Redding that burned a few weeks ago. Ive seen the videos of burned bodies in trapped cars and along the roadways in Paradise. They are too horrid to post but if you want to verify what Im saying I can PM to a link. The fire traveled 60 acres a minute, there was no fighting it, the best they could do was warn as many people as possible. The death toll is going to go up. There are still over 200 people missing.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I took the train from Redding California to Eugene Oregon last year, and I could not believe the amount of fuel in the forest. Dead trees and thick underbrush. It was too late, even though I tried to be vocal about it. A rabbit couldnt have gotten through it.

The Natives used to keep it cleaned up because they would move around and burn up the firewood as they went to their summer and winter camps.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I know. It's horrible.

There are no words for it.

I have one death I fear above all others, and that's death by fire. I don't fear the idea of being dead, but the process of dying ... there are some very bad ways to go on this earth, and I can't think of a worse one than burning.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

the real set of people that are contributing in a major way to these huge wildfires are not climate change deniers (ie those who do not believe that humans are causing through their actions a radical change in climate). but are in fact pretty much the opposite. it is in fact the eco warrior types and environmental policies stretching back generations that are the real cause. quite frankly it is the constant putting out of any and every fire that has allowed massive buildups of fuel that is the real cause of these devastating fires. it is in fact this human interference with nature that is the problem.

the thing is what all these nature and environment lovers like to forget is that fires are actually a big part of NATURE. all a part of the cycle of life. in fact there are even certain types of trees that require fires (and the extreme high temperatures they produce), in order to reproduce. which means that by preventing fires we could actually cause some varieties of trees and likely other natural life to become extinct. fires also enrich the soil which is needed for the natural environment. by putting out every fire that they can, they are actually doing great damage to the environment they say they want to protect. and when fires are let to occur naturally without interference there is actually far less damage done, since there is far less fuel, since it has not been allowed to collect to keep a fire going.

far from putting out these fires, we should actually start fires if it has been too long since there has been one. Trump is definitely right. billions of dollars have been wasted fighting fires. and that wasted money has actually led to even more money thrown away when the damage we have done catches up and we get these massive fires.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I guess nobody remembers the part where about a century ago an invasive species of tree was brought in from AU - they were considered a status symbol and hundreds of thousands of acres of them were planted right up until the depression hit.

Now they've spread and fully matured. In our soil, they flourished and grew tightly packed together.

Turns out, they produce a lot of a resin that really, really likes to burn.

Out of control CA laws have made it basically impossible for forest management services to do their job and thin them out, too.

So we've packed the state with trees that love to burn hot and fast, then prevented anyone from keeping them under control.
Of course the place is burning to the ground, now. What did we expect?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join