It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verify your G/D targets!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

What do I expect? Professionalism. Someone who isn't a coward. Someone who will take the extra second to size the scene up before pumping some hero citizen full of lead.

Jesus H Christ, do we need to start wearing uniforms or vests with big gold lettering saying "GOOD GUY, DONT ACCIDENTALLY KILL ME"

Ridiculous. American LEOs are better than these Chicago crack heads. I don't know if its the gangs, the gangs guns or what...but that was wrong. This was murder

The victim stopped a shooting for Christ's sake. And they thank him with gun fire?

You mean to tell me those cops couldn't tell this guy wasn't one of them gang types? By the way he dressed, by the way he carried himself or maybe just because the guy he had at gun point was STILL ALIVE. Where's the imminent threat? What thought process did they have, where they ignored the information from dispatch (ie: a security guard has a shooter held at gun point) for them to ignore that and kill this man?

It is incredible. Absolutely incredible

edit on 11/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Your post makes sense. I sure someone can undo it for you though.

This event is sad in many ways.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Jemel Roberson is a bonafide hero. Who knows what that drunk patron with a gun would've done if they didn't stop him? It looks like gun fire was exchanged, but the quick actions of security stopped it

Yet why is there still an innocent man dead? Just doesn't make sense

Mr. Roberson will always be a true hero in my book. He may not have been a police officer, but he saved lives stopped the bad guy and he deserves to be buried with full honors. It is the LEAST Chicago PD can do after one of their rookies (I am assuming) shot this hero for doing his damn job and saving the day

You don't shoot the good guys!!!!

RIP hero

From the source: "He also wanted to become a police officer."

edit on 11/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm agreeing with you, I was just being pessimistic. It's too late to start caring now. This training didn't start yesterday. The police haven't been using military gear for a year or two. They haven't been buying up military armored vehicles for a year or two.

This has been going on for decades and people have been protesting for decades. It's just that more and more are noticing, decades too late.

It is murder, but mark my words... these will be remembered as the good old times. The police have become mercenaries. And they don't even work for us. If a bank hires them to kick you out of your house, they will. The oath to the law and to the people that pay them means nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I apologize Mahogany, I am unsure why this has impacted me so personally. I didn't know the guy (of course) and there are good people killed every day

Yet I can't help but feel like somehow someway a lot of people let this man down. And he died for it. No good deed goes unpunished

Sorry buddy, no anger/outrage intended to be directed at you

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One of things I mention to younger "legal" carrier's,

Mean and cold as it sounds,

"Finish self defense action prior to police arrival or they may shoot you"

Then put weapon down, get away from it, put and keep hands in clear view.

Nowadays I just don't think there is much chance of an armed civilian not getting shot down.

I don't think all officers are this way but not going to bet on it either.

The earlier mentioned "roid" issue at a glance seems to be an issue in our backwards rural area as many are un naturally outsized for stature. I do know many ignorant of rights civilians out my way have had rights trampled all over due general lack of education.

Intimidation, false pretense and yes outright lying seem to be the norm in daily use around my parts.

edit on 12-11-2018 by Phoenix because: Add comment

edit on 12-11-2018 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I apologize Mahogany, I am unsure why this has impacted me so personally. I didn't know the guy (of course) and there are good people killed every day

Yet I can't help but feel like somehow someway a lot of people let this man down. And he died for it. No good deed goes unpunished

Sorry buddy, no anger/outrage intended to be directed at you

No apologies needed, man. I come off as abrasive and I don't say things nicely, I've learned people are generally not nice so I pretty much never take anything personally.

I fully support your topic and if I had any feelings left I would be pretty mad about this.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

But how do you know their actual intent?

By the time you determine the threat, you are copping lead in situations where an assailant has bad intent.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It was new America when people started saying that phrase after 9/11. Its just another chapter of old America now.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

My in law shows her pistol my son got her to all her visitors.....they point it all around and at me......so I say hey, see there you just pointed it me!! She states it's ok, it's not loaded anyway........SOB.....

Despite the 2nd, your in laws are probably the kind of people that have no business owning, they do not have the care and respect required..would you agree?
I'm not really for gun control but some just shouldn't own.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Probably 25% to 50% of people with firearms shouldn't be trusted. People even post stuff about how poorly they are with them.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I know, years ago on here I would argue with those dummies but now, mostly I try to stay out of the debate..no one wins.
It's the price of the 2nd I guess.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well, hate to bring up race but he was black and when the officers arrived the crowd was yelling to not shoot the security guard. Now, I'm not saying these cops are racist whose job it is to kill innocent black people. I don't think for a second they go to Klan meetings or post on Stormfront.

But you have to the conservation the cops in America run on Fear. Isn't the cops who say they rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6? Couple that with the fact the black community has a stigma which is as old as America itself, well in America. Let's not get into global politics! The cops were responding to a shooting, gang related? They were running on HIGH FEAR and they shoot to kill. They tune out everything but their fellow officers, although I'm sure they are those who tune out everything.

This is happening time and time again. Remember the black man who was a passenger in his girlfriends car and was shot and killed by a cop for trying to show him his CC permit after telling the cop he was armed? Shot dead reaching for ID he told the cop he was getting after telling him where the gun was.

Fear and racial stereotypes are getting innocent people killed by the police. How to solve this issue? First, the cops need better training on how to handle situations. Shooting to kill hasn't been working out so much. A change has to happen nationwide for all police forces.

Second thing that needs to change is the perception of the black community. This has been changing from generation to generation but still there is much work to be done! Racism is a real issue. It's a real thing and as old as America itself, in America. And again, this issue is getting better from generation to generation but there people who have hate in their hearts and families, and no an internet connection.

Cops aren't the only people who are afraid of innocent black men. This is a national conversation that's not being had. In fact, if brought up will be attacked. That's also a problem that needs to be solved.

edit on 12-11-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
This is standard operating procedure for too many law enforcement agencies and officers now because of the Supreme Court ruling in Tennessee vs Garner, and exploited by folks like David Grossman via "killology" courses.

The Supreme Court ruled that cops can use deadly force if they feel their life or another's life might be in danger. Since it's impossible to prove what is or is not in any LEO's heart/mind, they can and do kill with impunity.

And folks like David Grossman make a pretty penny teaching LEOs how to get away with it.

“Are You Prepared to Kill Somebody?” A Day With One of America’s Most Popular Police Trainers

Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, the “Killologist” Training America’s Cops

Under these rules of engagement, innocent people will necessarily die at the hands of cops. In this instance, the security guard had a gun -- that's all that's needed for a cop to fear for his life.

Thanks for sharing the links about Dave Grossman.
It was a pretty chilling read where he basically says cops need to be even more trigger happy.
He may be one of the men most responsible for getting a lot of innocents killed in this country.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well, hate to bring up race but he was black and when the officers arrived the crowd was yelling to not shoot the security guard.

Damn eh, if thats true..actually who am I kidding, nothing going to happen here even if it's true, and it will keep on happening as there are often no consequences.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just noticed the title of the story, from the Fox link

Cop accidentally kills security guard

No, it wasn't a f'ing accident, they quit on purposely killed him.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Thanks for sharing the links about Dave Grossman. 
It was a pretty chilling read where he basically says cops need to be even more trigger happy. 
He may be one of the men most responsible for getting a lot of innocents killed in this country.

You're welcome -- and yes, "chilling" is a very good word for it.

I first read about this guy while reading about Albuquerque Police Department and a particularly disturbing death of a homeless guy by a cop.

No doubt there have been too many innocent deaths because of this guy. And he no doubt thinks there haven't been enough...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join