It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verify your G/D targets!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another armed Citizen (employed as a security guard) was shot and killed by Chicago police after successfully detaining an armed gang banger at gun point. When Police arrived, they misidentified the security guard (as well as immediately and incompetently opened fire without taking a moment to ascertain the situation) and shot him dead for doing his job.

Now is the time to call for harsh penalties for the shooters here. Shoot first ask questions later # doesn't fly. Not when you shoot a man doing his GOD DAMN JOB

Just because someone is at gun point doesn't give you the right to execute that person. The triad of "Ability Opportunity and Intent" must be positively met before you have a credible deadly threat. Where was this Security guard's intent? He had none. Throw these morons in jail or give them lethal injection. Got to start making examples of low IQ morons making everyone else look like #ing idiots.

I guess when the police got there, they probably thought he was one of the bad guys, cause he had his gun on the guy and they shot him.

— Witness

Well you thought wrong, you sorry SOBs

Witnesses said a security guard told a group of "drunk men" to leave a Robbins bar around 4 a.m. An armed suspect later came back inside the bar and opened fire, WGN-TV reported, citing witnesses.

Armed security guards returned fire, the report said. One the guards -- Jemel Roberson, 26 -- apprehended the suspect outside, witnesses said. Roberson then requested help from Midlothian Police, the Cook County Sheriff's Office said.

— Witness
A witness told the station that Roberson was holding the suspect on the ground when one of two responding officers fatally shot him.

"The security guard that got killed, he caught somebody and had his knee on him the whole time," said one witness cited by Fox 32. "Just waiting on the police to get there. I guess when the police got there, they probably thought he was one of the bad guys, cause he had his gun on the guy and they shot him."

www.foxnews.com...

Only one person was a hero last night: Jemel Roberson, the now deceased 26 year old security guard. Good job on the apprehension son, Rest in Peace

All this anti gun nonsense does it cause fatal mistakes like this. Armed security in CHIRAQ, USA should quit their job. Heck, PC law enforcement should refuse to work until further notice. The moron first responders would've gladly shot a plainclothes officer all the same as this cleanly dressed, properly explained and logical security guard.

VERIFY. YOUR. TARGET.

edit on 11/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Book their supervisor while they are at it, because obviously some training/communication wasn’t happening as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

damn that's tragic.

who knows if it's lack of training or THE TYPE of training the officers receive but combine that with lack of common sense and/or carelessness and you get this scenario.

100% avoidable!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Another execution by the boys in blue. Wonder when we can get the cop culture to stop shooting first and sorting out the paperwork later? Probably never. Somebody is gonna come in and defend the cops, for sure. But what's the defense?

Call 911 and chances are you'll be the one shot...just ask Justine Diamond. Nevermind, they killed her.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Naw....you guys know better

The model of reality has changed......police are dropouts......

Don't show a gun till you need to........when the law shows make it obvious you are not the perp.......

Tie the perp up hog tied with your belt and his.......his buddies shoulda helped idk but don't have a gun in your hand these days when the idiots arrive thinkin pew pew pew. If ya have a gun don't let the girls broadcast it like my in-laws and wife.....

My in law shows her pistol my son got her to all her visitors.....they point it all around and at me......so I say hey, see there you just pointed it me!! She states it's ok, it's not loaded anyway........SOB.....
I taught my son better than that.....sob....ing world
edit on 12-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Soon the police officers of ATS will be in here to lecture us all about how sometimes they don't have time to verify blah blah blah and in the moment it's sometimes hard to tell and the officer prob felt like his life was in danger and so it was justified for him to shoot and kill the security guard.

I'm with you though. Holy crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Props to you.....exactly what they say and are taught to say, taught to think anyway......that leaves us normals with exactly sqwat....if you're ever in Dallas girl, I'm buyin lunch...for your bunch....hehe

edit on 12-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 12-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think it is time for a new Chief of Police in Chicago. I firmly believe the blame should be placed at the top of the command chain. This was nothing less than disgustingly unprofessional.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Test em all monthly for steroid use too! Some of these muscle head cops damn sure use steroids. If you want to check out a substance that causes aggression and lack of self control when it comes to anger, look no further than steroid use!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Props to you.....exactly what they say and are taught to say, taught to think anyway......that leaves us normals with exactly sqwat....if you're ever in Dallas girl, I'm buyin lunch...for your bunch....hehe

Thanks GPB! I have a twin brother in Tyler and they go to Dallas regularly because one of their girls has special needs and has a physician there. I went to UNT so went to Dallas many a weekend back in the day; love Dallas! 😊. I'll def hit you up the next time I'm there 😊

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Test em all monthly for steroid use too! Some of these muscle head cops damn sure use steroids. If you want to check out a substance that causes aggression and lack of self control when it comes to anger, look no further than steroid use!

Good point! Good damn point! I would love to see the results of such a test in these officers.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is standard operating procedure for too many law enforcement agencies and officers now because of the Supreme Court ruling in Tennessee vs Garner, and exploited by folks like David Grossman via "killology" courses.

The Supreme Court ruled that cops can use deadly force if they feel their life or another's life might be in danger. Since it's impossible to prove what is or is not in any LEO's heart/mind, they can and do kill with impunity.

And folks like David Grossman make a pretty penny teaching LEOs how to get away with it.

“Are You Prepared to Kill Somebody?” A Day With One of America’s Most Popular Police Trainers

Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, the “Killologist” Training America’s Cops

Under these rules of engagement, innocent people will necessarily die at the hands of cops. In this instance, the security guard had a gun -- that's all that's needed for a cop to fear for his life.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Add in testing for psychotropic pharmaceuticals, known to cause violent aggression, including suicidal and homicidal ideation.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Cops shoot unarmed citizens, and people ask questions, try to make excuses, try to suggest that there was a gun when there wasn't, try to work around it so it does not look as bad. But when they drop an armed individual whose weapon is pointed at a person, the same people who tried to defend coppers shooting unarmed individuals, suddenly start to grow a spine?

What the hell is that about?

Of course this is awful, but for goodness sake, some consistency would not be out of place here!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One more example of why I'll never call 911 in an emergency.

I would, however, call them to collect the bodies after it was sorted out.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I appreciate your rant on the problem of liberal use of deadly force by police. It's a evolving issue that needs a solution we can all agree on.
That said, I take issue with you laying the blame on Chicago PD, as per your own OP,

"Witnesses said a security guard told a group of "drunk men" to leave a Robbins bar around 4 a.m..."

"Roberson then requested help from Midlothian Police, the Cook County Sheriff's Office said. "

This didnt happen in Chicago. This happened in a south Chicago suburb.
So while I do get it and support the idea of not shooting first, let's not misidentify where this happened as well. Chicago gets a bad enough rap for the violence WE DO own. No need to import problems from the burbs. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You don't always have time. That's why you find out AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM DISPATCH before going on scene. And then you asses the scene and consider the circumstances before just mag dumping someone

What you don't do is shoot an armed security guard hero that just stopped a shooting.
edit on 11/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Welcome to the the New America. That's just how it is.

This is not an accident, this is training. They are trained to shoot first, ask questions later. They are trained to shoot center mass and kill, and not use any brains to ascertain what is happening and what the best course of action is.

When was the last time you read a cop shot someone in the leg or in the butt, or in the shoulder? Does not happen, they shoot to kill because anything else requires thinking and thinking ends in lawsuits. Dead people rarely end in lawsuits, because the shooting is almost always justified and if not, they investigate themselves.

What do we expect?

Enjoy it while it's good. It's just going downhill from here. Wait until pre-crime is in.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is negligent homicide at the least. Rule #1 is you don't shoot the good guys.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This is negligent homicide at the least. Rule #1 is you don't shoot the good guys.

When all you have is a hammer, everyone looks like a nail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join