It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay...this is BIZARRE!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This is too easy.....like the little girl said: " They're here". Just remember DO NOT go into the light!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Cool, last night my wife walked by to go through the laundry door.....I was right there seeing someone evidently go through and heard the door handle.....30 seconds later I closed the door and went into her spot and asked if she meant to leave it open!!

She said it wasn't her......

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Once, I was watching a documentary on psychics that talk to the dead. There was an experiment where the psychics’ brains were being monitored while they were doing their thing, to see if brain waves were showing anything out of the ordinary.

As I was watching, I was thinking of my grandfather who died when I was much younger. I was wondering if a psychic could reach him for me. Right then, the tv turned off, for about 30 seconds, then turned back on. No other electrical was affected in the house - just the tv I was watching.

Always wondered about that...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's pretty wild!

ETA - That would make me wonder too. I had something like that happen once. I'm can't remember exactly what happened, but it was along those lines where I was thinking about someone who had passed and something strange happened right at that moment.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: operation mindcrime

It's an old RCA CRT type, don't know the model number, probably circa '95. Great big monstrous thing. Made back when all the printed circuits were made out of structural steel I-beams.

ETA - No, and no kids here.

from a WTF perspective, all I can think of is why? Why you would still have a CRT type television that you keep plugged in? Do the children of the world a favor and retire that thing to an attic, a basement, a garage, or best yet, a dumpster. The energy that thing consumes is horrendous. Grab a cheap LED TV and you can say you did your part to help Al Gore.

Remember, it's for the children and Al Gore.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Someone probably set the timer and channel on the remote by accident. Maybe the dogs laying on it!
lol This happened to me once, and that was the cause!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Modern TV? Smart TV?

Does it have timers and schedules built in? Maybe someone was messing with the TV and accidentally scheduled a 'show' which turned the TV on when the time and date was correct.

I can set my TV to turn on in a year from now if I wanted to. I can also do crazy things like control it with my phone without anyone being the wiser, including turn it on and off. Basically anything the remote can do.

Sure the remote is Infared, but the TV also supports wifi and bluetooth, heck the TV's a Sony and the remote works on my LG Blu-Ray player and the same in reverse. (Had no idea they did before I bought the TV.)

Messed with the family a few times doing this, change channels and volume etc while in another room with the door closed.

Not to mention TV's for a long time now have had 'stand by' where the TV is never truly off, maybe it shorted out?

What kind of power switch does it have? I have an Xbox 360 with a 'touch' button. Even humidity can turn that sucker on.

End of the day I am going to say it's a tech thing, nothing supernatural about it unless crap starts moving around the house.

Edit: Okay so it's an older CRT. Still could be a schedule timer mistakenly set or standby glitch.
edit on 12-11-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: read more posts.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe your remote batteries are low. Remotes are known to send off some weird signals with the last bit of juice from dying batteries. The TV could be interpreting infrared noise (signal) from your remote as an "On" command. I'm not sure if this would apply, since your remotes infrared is not aimed at the TV. Also, dust and pet dander can conduct small voltages to wrong places, which may cause your TV to suddenly turn on. It also might be a button short in the remote:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's an anomaly possibly caused by the earth itself. Could be Earth's resonance creating a frequency that did it.

Two strange things I've experienced, milking wet cows in a thunderstorm, lightening struck a quarter mile from the bedrock the barn sat on where all the cows and I were touching metal got a serious shock. That was a strange sound all the cows made! It also made me more "knowing" of the cows mind and resulted in an almost pet-like attitude the cows exhibited toward me. The other is my antenna wont receive tv stations during the last hour of dusk and the first hour of dawn. I joked about it being a prayer time, but realized I was saying something prophetic.
I know, "He's nuts!", but it's true daily. I am very earth sensitive, I ground a lot (It really helps you sleep) and also notice other things like animal behavior. Which is why I am an amateur scientist with my own Research Station. I advise not skewing toward paranormal before exhausting scientific research first.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Great thing about IR, it doesn;t have to be aimed at anything. I often do 'trick shots' and impress the kids by ricocheting the remote off of walls and things that barely have any shine or reflection to them.

It's why so many of those kids IR gun games suck, because you don't have to aim at the target to get a hit. So still possible in your scenario for the remote to activate the TV.

I personally need more weirdness than a TV turning on to start down the paranormal is the cause path.

I've had two kitchen taps turn on at once when I was home alone and the taps were in my line of sight from the living room.
Now I'd like to see that explained, manual mechanisms that activate. With tech there is too much 'ghost in the machine' explanations, aka glitches, bugs and human error to counter paranormal activity as the cause.

Might have to make a post on those taps one some day. Maybe a Top 10 weird # I have seen in my life but I cannot scientifically explain away.
edit on 12-11-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: For an A-Grade English student in school. I am bad with typos lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've had a tv do the same thing in the middle of the night. Quite startling. Your tv is old and the tuner, I believe, is going out. Nothing paranormal at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawncgraham

Someone probably set the timer and channel on the remote by accident. Maybe the dogs laying on it!
lol This happened to me once, and that was the cause!

well he said the remote was on top of somewhere the dogs could NOT lay on it accidentally..so that part is ruled out

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Okay.. not very good news. There is this very old monestery which kept only nuns upto the last part of the last century. Then one of the nuns commited suicide because of something she watched on TV. The story goes she can not find peace until she watched the last episode of the tv series she killed herself for.

What she does is hiding in the closet or under a bed and her half decomposed body comes out at a time in the evening this tv-show nornally runs and turn on the tv....in whatever home she decided to dwell.

What you got to do is hire an exorsist and cast her out of your home.... preferable to the home of your neighbor....who has also a tv.

Sorry mate... you got as real scary nun problem.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I know that everyone will suggest some spurious IR, but it was a snowstorm. Have you considered a micro-blackout or brownout?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes, happened to me all the time when I lived in a townhouse in Easton, MA. I actually had a neighbor warn me about that townhouse before I moved in.

I wanted more space for my dog. She was right!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Since the wind was blowing a lot outside, could have been a power surged that triggered the TV on

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
All,

Sure, I guess there are probably a thousand explanations for it, and frankly, I'm not a big paranormal guy...so I'm not particularly worried about it. However, it was weird and I thought I'd post it here just because of that.

I don't have any clear scientific explanation (and I'm an engineer), but I'm confident it could have just been some weird electromagnetic anomaly.

That it happened in a dark, unoccupied room, twice, makes me think otherwise, but okay...suggestions noted.

Thanks.
edit on 11/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Question - is there an uncovered window in that room? Sometimes, a remote can ve set the same, for your tv and that of a neighbor. So, any possibility someone has one in line with yours, and could have turned it on that way? Any other light shining into that room? I had an older tv that would turn off if the sun shone on the remote sensor. Never on, though. Doesn't seem likely in this case, but tossing out the possibilities.

Still.....at the home of a cousin of mine, where there was a ghost seen from time to time, the OLD tv - talking foals here, three channels, no remotes in existence - would change by itself sometimes. When we were watching cartoons, it would change to Scooby. Got really annoying, and more than a little creepy.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You said it was an older tv, correct?
When I was younger the tv in my room would turn on randomly and it freaked me out for MONTHS. Come to find out the power button on the actual tv was either slightly broken or had a short in it and sometimes just footsteps in the room shook the tv stand just enough to turn it on. But let me tell you I was freaked out for the longest time!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Fascinating, from what i understand the tv was at max volume right after it went on.

I wonder, do you have a old tv with a nob for volume or a digital?
As with digital it surely takes a while for audio to get to max.

If it was at max from the start the entity was able to actually manipulate the electronics in the tv to make it do what it wants.
Creepy for sure!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join