It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death scream of society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you have ever heard a death scream, it's primal and unmistakable. I believe we are hearing that with regard to our political divide. The Cali wildfires provided this clarity. Actor James Woods jumped to action to help whomever needed it. Turns out Alyssa Milano needed some. James offered what he could. If the story ended there, it would be nothing worthy of a news event. But someone asked the question. Why?

Why? Because she needed help. Period. What kind of mentality asks why? Why did you stop that person from falling to their death? Because they were wearing the right hat? And our screwed up mentality doesn't question this. in fact, it's touted as some political event.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

James Woods Reaches Across Politics To Aid Alyssa Milano In California Wildfire

There was a time not long ago, when a neighbor would just help a neighbor because it was the right thing to do, not because they were of the same party.

I think it's time to realize what has happened and stop it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is the death scream a reeeeeeeee-ing sound? Cause that's what I envision it making.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

At one point in time, discussing politics and religion openly in public was frowned upon, because it makes people fight.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
as long as we keep making up different rules for different people we will stay divided. its not just politics

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I think it's time to realize what has happened and stop it.

Frankly, I'm afraid it's too late.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58
as long as we keep making up different rules for different people we will stay divided. its not just politics

as far as I am concerned, this is the issue and you nailed it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Its pointed out because you will look.

If we'd stop looking, they'd stop pointing it out.

All they want is for their audience to look at them. And they do the things that get this response.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

At one point in time, discussing politics and religion openly in public was frowned upon, because it makes people fight.

Leaving religion and politics out of discussion can make and keep friends, but doing the opposite seems to have the opposite effect.

I feel like celebrities are foolish for bringing their politics into their persona. It's a quick way to loose about half of your loyal followers, when they didn't need to know what you really think.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its pointed out because you will look.

If we'd stop looking, they'd stop pointing it out.

All they want is for their audience to look at them. And they do the things that get this response.

This is so true with all of these networks and outlets.
Huff post, CNN, hell even Fox News.

Screaming for attention like a child.
I say ignore them all.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Anyone discussing politics in public is just looking to argue.

People love conflict, I don't understand.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Wouldn"t that have to read:

The death scream of American society

???

I mean, it"s a fun show to watch but please don"t drag the rest of the world down to your level...lol

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Perhaps it's just the reporting of the rest of the world, but with things I see, it's not just the USA. We have some special issues, but the crazy is universal.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Maybe this is the opposite of a death scream... A rebirth whisper so to speak, that will reverberate. Maybe this an opportunity for good folks to once again understand that good folks can disagree without hating each other, that we really are in this together, and being good to each other embiggens all of us.

I won't hold my breath, but Mr. Woods set the example, so there's hope.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Awwww... beat me to it 😩.

It’s what I imagine as well.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Society is going to eventually implode, because it needs to. History does repeat. And every great society has fallen after reaching the point we're at now. It's the only way people will accept a reboot and get back to some common sense.

Sad to think there are people who would let you burn to death simply because of the hat you're wearing. But thankfully they are the minority. The majority of people are still mostly decent.

But as they say and I find myself saying more and more. Squeaky wheels get the grease, attention whores get the spotlight.

The problems aren't as bad as the media and the overly vocal that want more than everyone else makes it out to be.
Maybe it's time the silent majority just stopped listening, stopped giving it attention?

Alas people are getting sick of it, and people are only tolerant of BS for so long before they slap it.

Lot of gays, trans, black people and other in so called minority groups are also sick of these people making them look bad so it won't just be angry straight white folk losing it when the time comes.

Society should never have let it get this far, but we have, all that's left to do is wait for the coming storm to wash away the trash and rejoice when it happens.
edit on 12-11-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added a word or two.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: fightzone58

originally posted by: fightzone58

I agree with this but I do think there is one group of people that do need different, special rules and that is politicians. Not the privileges they believe themselves entitled to but a set of rules that befits the office of anyone that has sworn an oath of allegiance to uphold a nation's laws etc.

For politicians, the rules should include higher penalties for any form of illegal or criminal behaviour, milking the system and in particular, the taking of bribes or the destruction of innocence.

The US at the moment, with the polarised finger pointing and the FBI's failure to act on evidence it would seem everyone within the political system has dirt on everyone else, they are all in it together, protecting themselves, protecting the status quo, not upholding your constitution and abusing their power? Rely on your 10th, and impeach the whole sorry bunch.

In 2009 the UK's MP's expenses scandal (across all parties and both houses). Parliament tried to get the information quashed, the courts disagreed and details were published. There was public outcry followed by;

resignations, sackings, de-selections and retirement announcements together with public apologies and the repayment of expenses. Several members or former members of the House of Commons, and members of the House of Lords, were prosecuted and sentenced to terms of imprisonment. en.wikipedia.org...

New audit and scrutiny systems were put in place to prevent this type of abuse continuing. A step in the right direction. But still, there are politicians that continue to behave as though they believe themselves above the law or that the laws apply to the electorate and not the elected. Evidence is still 'accidently' shredded or 'lost', there are still claims evidence of wrong doing never existed and the career criminals in parliament continue to enjoy parliamentary privileges.

And so it appears taking action does not lead to a change of attitude amongst all politicians but in my view, if our laws reflected more draconian measures, against thieves that act under parliamentary privilege and in direct contravention of their oath to uphold, would be a more effective deterrent than anything we have now.

edit on 12/11/2018 by teapot because: sp

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Society is going to eventually implode, because it needs to. History does repeat. And every great society has fallen after reaching the point we're at now. It's the only way people will accept a reboot and get back to some common sense.

Very well said; I have been thinking the same thing for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Sad to think there are people who would let you burn to death simply because of the hat you're wearing. But thankfully they are the minority. The majority of people are still mostly decent.

But as they say and I find myself saying more and more. Squeaky wheels get the grease, attention whores get the spotlight.

The problems aren't as bad as the media and the overly vocal that want more than everyone else makes it out to be.
Maybe it's time the silent majority just stopped listening, stopped giving it attention?

Alas people are getting sick of it, and people are only tolerant of BS for so long before they slap it.

Lot of gays, trans, black people and other in so called minority groups are also sick of these people making them look bad so it won't just be angry straight white folk losing it when the time comes.

Society should never have let it get this far, but we have, all that's left to do is wait for the coming storm to wash away the trash and rejoice when it happens.

I think you are correct and most people are normal to the point of not letting political BS cloud humanitarian efforts, but the driving force here is the MSM. I know hating on them is a right wing thing, but damn, they sell this hateoraid daily, and force feed it to the population, via any media method available.

One thing I do remember is not worrying about any of this when I was a kid and had no connection to the outside world. perhaps that is where we will end up shortly. I can't say that would be a bad place, though the journey there may be a bit bumpy. You have wisdom, you should post more.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is the death scream a reeeeeeeee-ing sound? Cause that's what I envision it making.

No, that's the sound of the bone saw.

edit on 12/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Thanks man.

I find myself watching MSM less and less, barely go near news sites anymore.
TV only goes on when I want to stream a show or movie off the net or my PC.

Much more stress free now it's only for entertainment and I control all the content I watch.

The solutions to the worlds problems seem so easy to fix. Don't understand why in this day and age people are still arguing with each other over stupid # like the hat they wear or the god they worship, that kind of thing.

so much unnecessary dramas. How hard is it to leave each other alone when we disagree? To help each other when it is needed?

I can imagine a better mankind, this world could be a utopia for all, but I cannot see it ever happening in my life time if ever. Frustrating considering it can be done, but isn't because people are selfish and need to feel more important than the next man.

There's a reason not everyone can buy a ferrari. They could mass produce them suckers.

But would a rich person feel special if Joe Dirt owned and drove one too? If you had a million dollars would you clean Bill Gates toilet for $10 an hour?

Just cannot wrap my head around why it seems we're doing everything arse backwards.

Uh to have a billion dollars with which to build a new city..... where you could begin a new type of society.
edit on 13-11-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added a word or two.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join