It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousand Oaks Residents Buying Up Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kookkook
a reply to: chr0naut

You could be the smartest person on the planet and still be a dumb mother #er. And history is written by the agenda and the winners. Not all history learned equals actual fact. Just an observation from experience. Not trying to be difficult.

I could paint myself orange, wear a toupee backwards under a MAGA cap and tell everyone to look at me.

I'm still pretty sure it wouldn't make arming your enemies anything less of a stupid thing to do.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I dunno, i'm pretty spry in a gunfight. Most people don't know how to shoot. I'm certain I'd fair better than yer average schmoe stealing hubcaps. Not like I ain't been shot at before. With practice in anything you just get better. I'll take me chances.

I've been shot at before.

I removed the threat with a shoelace.

Don't worry, they lived.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

People should have the right to carry whatever makes them feel safe...even if its a tank. As long as its for defense and not offense who cares?

Agree completely

Although I would not recommend the tank unless you are one of those rich guys. I can barely afford my existing NFA toys

I oppose any law that makes it more difficult for Citizens to protect themselves from rampant crime. It is unimaginable how these laws held up in our inept courts, considering 2A makes very clear RKBA "shall not be infringed" along with most State Constitutions

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Groot

a reply to: Groot

How does a gun stop a bullet?

Stops a person shooting the gun. Makes a person think twice before shooting up others .

I am guessing you are anti gun and from Australia? Am I wrong?

Wouldn't some snazzy kevlar tailoring be better at protecting the average joe?

I mean the bad guy is ready, aiming and will get off all the shots before the good guy gets his gun up. The proliferation of weapons favors the evil and murderous.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

I wasn't saying that a gun can never defend against a criminal.

Ask yourself, who arms the crims? Those who are criminal and will use the guns against others can buy guns just like those few do-gooders. In fact, crims also obtain guns by nefarious methods, too.

Almost anyone can obtain a gun. moreso those who lie and steal.

Let me know if I have this right. You admit that you know criminals get all the guns they want, but the do-gooders shouldn't be allowed to. Next your going to say that criminals only get their guns at gun stores. That if we close them it will prevent them from getting a gun LoL. Oh and FYI there are far more than just a few do-gooders.
Gun violence is not on the rise as much as people think. The only real difference is the internet. Crime has always happened we just hear about more of it. There was a time when you only ever heard about the stuff in your part of the country. Now you hear about all of it.

My post starts with let me know. I don't know why it put it all in one page

How do mass murderers usually get guns?

At the shop.

And then where do they head to?

A gun free zone.

Then how do they get taken down by law abiding citizens?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Point well taken

Yet, I cannot help but feel that (to keep with the metaphor) banning opiates all together would not be a solution either

Individual responsibility (ie: responsibility for whether it turns out good or bad) and education is the best answer to me. Let people make up their minds and live (or die) with the consequences of their choice.

Nah, drug addiction is a medical issue.

Let the doctor prescribe maintenance or reducing doses at costs that will bankrupt the crims.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Here's the thing...stay with me now cause its really simple.......it's not the weapon......mkay? Its the person. Find a way to ban the right people from owning guns and you still wont get rid of the problem....they will still find a way to get guns and kill you. There are many other countries with much worse gun violence than we have, and that's because in most part those citizens are not allowed to defend themselves nor have the legal right and means to do so. If guns didn't exist we'd be talking about knives, or scissors, or cars, or STD's from valentines day. They all can do horrific damage to a human. but we're not blaming the right humans, we're blaming tools created to make life more survivable. Now lets talk stupid shall we?

Its human nature to kill each other....its genetic....there's your short answer to this whole mess that covers most everything.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Here's the thing...stay with me now cause its really simple.......it's not the weapon......mkay? Its the person. Find a way to ban the right people from owning guns and you still wont get rid of the problem....they will still find a way to get guns and kill you. There are many other countries with much worse gun violence than we have, and that's because in most part those citizens are not allowed to defend themselves nor have the legal right and means to do so. If guns didn't exist we'd be talking about knives, or scissors, or cars, or STD's from valentines day. They all can do horrific damage to a human. but we're not blaming the right humans, we're blaming tools created to make life more survivable. Now lets talk stupid shall we?

Its human nature to kill each other....its genetic....there's your short answer to this whole mess that covers most everything.

That's the beauty of nuclear proliferation, it gets right to the source.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Let the doctor prescribe maintenance or reducing doses at costs that will bankrupt the crims.

Before my Son in law went through drug addiction to pain pills, I always had the attitude of Just lock them up and ban the drugs. But I learned I couldnt have been more wrong

Made me question a lot of things, least of which is the horrendous drug policy of this country. Sure, target dealers but targeting users? Getting em a criminal history? Not the best choice... wouldnt be my first choice not any more

I suppose with firearms in general, my opinion is always "More guns = more chance of armed potential victims fighting back." Not to say I haven't been wrong before, happens every damn day
Yet the current number of firearms in this country ensures that other solution are virtually unworkable due to already mass proliferation

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

True

But wasn't there a teen ager back in the 80's who built one of those in his garage?

I can't remember the name for the life of me, or even where it was (it was in the States, I know that much) but I guess it was enough it got the Fed's nuclear teams activated. I believe he got arrested, yet was lucky it was about 10 years before 9/11 and well before the hyper-paranoid security state that sprang up. When the country was still sane, that is

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You misunderstand my comment dear fellow
2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of a good fallout and stuff glowing in the dark. But you're not wrong.
2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
From the police report
what I understand is, that there were
six armed off-duty police at the venue
during the shooting, it didn't help.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
From the police report
what I understand is, that there were
six armed off-duty police at the venue
during the shooting, it didn't help.

Correction, UNARMED off duty officers.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yep, not all LEOs are allowed to carry off the clock. Even if they were, not all do for varied reasons. We'll chalk this one up to element of surprise. That and the dude was trained by uncle sugar. Sorry to say, unless them LEOs were marines at one time, they'd be out matched. Cops are trained in defensive shooting, military in offensive shooting. Different tactics, different mindset.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Unarmed

Contrary to what the left likes to push, police officers do have personal lives and aren't necessarily always carrying. Especially not at a bar, which was responsible for its own venue security. A task it clearly failed at, by having unarmed security personnel.

The amount of anti-gunners volunteering off duty law enforcement for private citizen protection details is unbelievable. Some would say that being a cop as a day job is service enough
edit on 11/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Before my Son in law went through drug addiction to pain pills, I always had the attitude of Just lock them up and ban the drugs. But I learned I couldnt have been more wrong

Made me question a lot of things, least of which is the horrendous drug policy of this country. Sure, target dealers but targeting users? Getting em a criminal history? Not the best choice... wouldnt be my first choice not any more

I suppose with firearms in general, my opinion is always "More guns = more chance of armed potential victims fighting back." Not to say I haven't been wrong before, happens every damn day
Yet the current number of firearms in this country ensures that other solution are virtually unworkable due to already mass proliferation

Honestly, manufacture of opiates probably isn't that expensive and if we just ensure the addicts aren't going to OD why not give them what they want at cost. Then the criminals would be undersold by the legitimate sources so there's no money in the game for them.

Then the doctor can help with the health consequences of drug addiction and also possibly guide addicts towards recovery strategies.

Ya gotta be hopeful.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Please note, we didn't have this problem until we invaded Afghanistan. Afterwards the opiates problem skyrocketed. Care to guess why? Come on, take a jab.....

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

True

But wasn't there a teen ager back in the 80's who built one of those in his garage?

I can't remember the name for the life of me, or even where it was (it was in the States, I know that much) but I guess it was enough it got the Fed's nuclear teams activated. I believe he got arrested, yet was lucky it was about 10 years before 9/11 and well before the hyper-paranoid security state that sprang up. When the country was still sane, that is

David Hahn, "the radioactive boy scout".

Actually, I believe that others have built small reactors, too. And there are some tabletop neutron source machines that have been made, too. They probably don't get any press.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Please note, we didn't have this problem until we invaded Afghanistan. Afterwards the opiates problem skyrocketed. Care to guess why? Come on, take a jab.....

Copperhead Road?

Nope, actually goes back to before the Boxer rebellion in China, to the opium wars.

Opium Wars From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (America was a combatant in the second one and has had a hand in opium distribution and growing, since).

edit on 12/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Yeah Nah, in Australia we stop people killing others with a shopping trolley.

Instead of hiding and filming, people take these effs out straight away.

Stupid, stupid, religious freaks. Stupid stupid people taking cover then filming.

Kind regards,

bally

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join