It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousand Oaks Residents Buying Up Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well now, seems the residents of California believe that a gun free zone and heavy gun laws aren't working, so they have decided to start arming themselves.

Simone, 35, is a single father who previously vowed never to have a gun in the same home as his kid. But while his teenage son Ethan skateboarded outside, he asked the shop's owner what he needed to do to buy a 9-millimeter pistol. Molly filmed VC Defense’s handgun display with her phone and sent the video to her boyfriend, insisting that he immediately buy one. For John Von Colln, VC Defense’s proprietor, the duo were among an unusually steady stream of customers that day. Many of them expressed the same sentiment: they had come to the gun store because no place feels safe anymore, and they felt ill-equipped to confront the next mass shooter or armed home invader. There’s a documented phenomenon in America following mass shootings in which gun enthusiasts stream to dealers to buy up contested accessories like bump stocks before they are made illegal. Von Colln’s customers on Thursday didn't appear to be those types, at least not during the couple of hours he allowed a reporter to hang out in his store and speak with customers. They weren’t driven by a collector’s desire to hoard guns and accessories, but by raw fear.

www.usatoday.com... 2/

Beginning to think that there might be a turning point happening. An awakening.

Good for them !

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I dont know what most of these people expect having a gun in their home will do against mass shootings. I'm sure they dont intend to carry them.

Still, I think more people realizing that their personal safety is ultimately their responsibility, is a good thing.

So from a mentality standpoint, a good victory. Odd how something that was an uncontested thought for the past thousands of years, suddenly seems to be something for some people to "learn".
edit on 11-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good for them! Now if they would start voting the liberals out of office, they might build themselves a nice little State.

Of course the “journalist” is a bit disingenuous, stating they were purchasing guns out of “raw fear”. Arming yourself because the police can’t protect you and your family isn’t raw fear, it’s prudent decision making.

Not to mention that anyone who studies history knows that a government disarms its citizens prior to the “round ups”.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You mean those " Gun Free Zone " signs don't work ??
You'd think all those nutjobs would obey the law, right ?

Keep Calm and CARRY on.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, if there are irate loose cannons around with guns then homeowners should have some protection if they want. It is our constitutional right to have a gun to protect our family. I feel some people are waking up.

I keep a gun in the house in case someone tries to break in. I probably won't shoot them unless they are armed and start to put the gun towards me or one of my family but will hold them at gunpoint till the police arrive. Hopefully I never need to shoot anyone, hopefully nobody tries to break in while we are here. It would probably take the police fifteen minutes to get here, I am not going to cower in a closet in fear while they are in here.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I dont know what most of these people expect having a gun in their home will do against mass shootings. I'm sure they dont intend to carry them.

Still, I think more people realizing that their personal safety is ultimately their responsibility, is a good thing.

So from a mentality standpoint, a good victory. Odd how something that was an uncontested thought for the past thousands of years, suddenly seems to be something for some people to "learn".

Actually, according to the article, their are people learning about conceal carry.

A banker wearing business casual, designer glasses and a gold Rolex inquired about concealing a sidearm under a tucked-in dress shirt. “I need more holsters because I am not going anywhere without my piece now,” he announced.

Asking only to be identified as John for his safety, the banker said his son was outside the bar during the shooting, and that two of his son’s friends were killed. His own fear, he said, is being caught unprepared at a mall targeted by another madman with a gun. Von Colln’s salesman, a burly long-haired man in a black beanie who stood before a wall of rifles, counseled him on an ankle holster. If he ever found himself in a shoot-out at the mall, the banker could quickly unholster and unload while lying on his back. Von Colln said he knew he was in for an unusual day at the office when he threw on his work outfit of a “Don’t Tread on Me” T-shirt and cargo shorts Thursday morning, less than twelve hours after gunman Ian David Long opened fire on the crowded bar. The crime scene just up the 101 Highway was still a chaotic carnival of law enforcement and media as several helicopters buzzed overhead.

It is a win, in my book. Americans that have not been woken up , finally are.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Good for them, didnt think most would want to go through the hoops, still good to have one at home for self defense.

Is California a shall issue or may issue?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Next lesson to learn is that if you leave the back door open, people might want to come in uninvited.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You mean those " Gun Free Zone " signs don't work ??
You'd think all those nutjobs would obey the law, right ?

Keep Calm and CARRY on.

A "gun free zone" sign is like an invite for a mass shooting. Need to be more like " Everyone is armed, including granma" signs.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Good for them, didnt think most would want to go through the hoops, still good to have one at home for self defense.

Don't know what you mean by that. But you can get a CCW permit.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Iirc,

A shall issue state means that if you meet the criteria and file for a permit, you are issued it.

A may issue state means even if you file for a permit, meet all legal requirements for it, you can be denied if you can't convince the chief law enforcement who issues them that you need it.

One is much more constitutional, the other much more authoritarian. I'd assume California is likely the latter.
edit on 11-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Iirc,

A shall issue state means that if you meet the criteria and file for a permit, you are issued it.

A may issue state means even if you file for a permit, meet all legal requirements for it, you can be denied if you can't convince the chief law enforcement who issues them that you need it.

One is much more constitutional, the other much more authoritarian. I'd assume California is likely the latter.

Ok, gotcha. I don't really know. I live in Kentucky , so as long as you pass the background and take a CCW class, you are good to go.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wish there was a way to react with a laugh, like on Facebook.

Yes, more guns will fix this.
edit on 11-11-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Holy hell, fix this site.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Double

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

They could shoot the fires out, too.

edit on 11/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And less guns won't.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Good for them! Now if they would start voting the liberals out of office, they might build themselves a nice little State.

Of course the “journalist” is a bit disingenuous, stating they were purchasing guns out of “raw fear”. Arming yourself because the police can’t protect you and your family isn’t raw fear, it’s prudent decision making.

Not to mention that anyone who studies history knows that a government disarms its citizens prior to the “round ups”.

Please tell me about those specific incidences from history.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I wish there was a way to react with a laugh, like on Facebook.

More responsible sane people armed will stop this.

Let me ask you, How would you fix it?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

How does a gun stop a bullet?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join