It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher Threatens To Jail Media For Filming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Overload going crazy in Palm Beach County Florida.

Now the Elections Supervisor is stopping the filming of ballot counting 😆

The same Supervisor has already refused to comply with a court order the other day too 😸

wtf is going on anyway?

Any Means Necessary
Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher Threatens To Jail Media For Filming "Ballot Counting"

Breaking from normal practice, the Palm Beach County elections supervisor banned media from filming and photographing the high-profile midterm election ballot review process amid allegations of “incompetence” by Gov. Rick Scott.

The camera ban prompted an attorney for NBC Universal to interrupt the Palm Beach County Canvassing Board and object to the meeting, calling it “illegal.”

Tensions flared Friday morning when Bucher threatened to have camera operators and newspaper reporters arrested for filming ballot tabulation as Palm Beach County. The meeting at least half a dozen television cameras and even more reporters as Palm Beach County is one of the last in Florida to report unofficial results in an election with three tight statewide races. Bucher accused several reporters of illegally taking pictures and videos of signatures on the envelopes of mail ballots.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Voting fraud is growing even more widespread and needs to be stopped now. Voter ID is a major part of the answer. The Feds need to step in on the present election problems. The Congress need to place on the Presidents desk a voter ID law befor Christmas.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nice find. One really does have to wonder why the counting can’t be filmed. Possibility of evidence in lawsuits?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Now the media is to be trusted?

Cameras and ballots don't go together. The data is probably not visible but can that be assured.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Gonna play Devil's advocate... is there any evidence of the reporters taking photos of the signatures? I can see where that would be inappropriate. Without evidence, however, this would become evidence of a cover-up.

If anyone took photos or video of signatures, there would be photo/video evidence by definition, right?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Voting fraud is growing even more widespread and needs to be stopped now. Voter ID is a major part of the answer. The Feds need to step in on the present election problems. The Congress need to place on the Presidents desk a voter ID law befor Christmas.

Thinking the mail in voting (outside of absentee) might need a little rule tweaking as well. Like postmarked two weeks before election (which is when early voting usually starts) instead of the day of an election. Should be counted day of election like the rest.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Nice find. One really does have to wonder why the counting can’t be filmed. Possibility of evidence in lawsuits?

It says it right there in the OP...

Bucher accused several reporters of illegally taking pictures and videos of signatures on the envelopes of mail ballots.

link   
WTF is going on? FRAUD...Broward County and now Palm Beach County playing games. This clown should of been fired long ago! Shameful.

edit on 11/11/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Gonna play Devil's advocate... is there any evidence of the reporters taking photos of the signatures? I can see where that would be inappropriate. Without evidence, however, this would become evidence of a cover-up.

If anyone took photos or video of signatures, there would be photo/video evidence by definition, right?

TheRedneck

And then there is the ability to blur, like when filming minors faces. Still on tape, but not identifiable.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is someone allowed to audit all the video and photos. Not showing certain images does not mean they don't exist.

I can see the need or desire for an independent observer during these recounts to assure it is done correctly.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why the concern over a voters name being revealed? Names are public record anyways. I can understand if image reveals how someone voted, but if it is just names on envelopes...no harm, no foul...right?

Are they worried the real voter would reveal that they did not vote or that individual is not even alive?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

edit on 11/11/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Lab4Us

It says it right there in the OP...

Bucher accused several reporters of illegally taking pictures and videos of signatures on the envelopes of mail ballots.

Signatures on “envelopes” of mail in ballots. So everyone in the postal chain can see them but they can’t be filmed?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They're forging blank ballots to make them look legit...by the tens of thousands. They've been doing this for days.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Cameras and ballots don't go together. The data is probably not visible but can that be assured.

as long as the anonymity of the person who voted is protected, I am ok with filming. one thing I find interesting. one side loses the plot over facebook ads that tried to sway votes, but are very reluctant to tackle possible fraud that would have a much larger impact on the integrity of our elections.....odd isnt it?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh look the propaganda machine in full force!

I would be willing to bet, that if you care to look into this post what these right-wing trash mags are saying, you will find this taken entirely out of context.

Uhoh, material sourced by the dailywire (which is the source of your freedomoutpost (lol) material) palmbeachpost.com says they stated they couldn't protect the privacy of the voters with all the cameras around.

So now secret ballots are shady? I thought those were ensconced in the constitution. I think you might be a "western hypocrite" yo :/
edit on 11/11/2018 by whargoul because: * post not past

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I would not see an issue either as long as actual votes are not shown that associate a name. This still leaves an opening for fraud. There has to be some level of trust or proper audit.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: roadgravel

as long as the anonymity of the person who voted is protected, I am ok with filming. one thing I find interesting. one side loses the plot over facebook ads that tried to sway votes, but are very reluctant to tackle possible fraud that would have a much larger impact on the integrity of our elections.....odd isnt it?

So you are ok with aroding the constitution in increments, just not the 2nd right?

Kobach and crew tackled the voter fraud, they really didn't find any. Either your guys are failures, or you are being disingenuous. I am going to go out on a limb and say "option c" both statements are valid.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They're forging blank ballots to make them look legit...by the tens of thousands. They've been doing this for days.

I hope that isnt the case, really do, but there is just way to much about this whole situation that stinks. Was asking about this in another thread......are there any other counties that had such a large amount of mail in votes that have counting going on now in FL? or is it just Broward and Palm Beach Co?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Why is this a problem? I cannot recall my name being printed on my ballot in plain text. Maybe thats an absentee ballot thing though?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join