It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Republicans Face More Losses as Late Votes for Democrats Continue to Trickle In

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: RadioRobert

I do not think that non-compliance with a court order can be considered to be evidence of a crime.

It depends on the circumstances. You might be able to show alternative motive which would weaken that evidence, but noone can do that here.

If you are caught avoiding the metal detector it constitutes strong evidence (not proof) that you are attempting to commit another crime. The crime for which the laws concerning the metal detector exist.

If you violate a judge's order for a breathalyzer -ignition system by disabling, it is strong evidence, not proof, that you continue to drink and drive.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I do not think that non-compliance with a court order can be considered to be evidence of a crime.

Daaaang. I've bookmarked this one. I don't care how invested I was in any specific argument, I couldn't give disingenuous answers like those and face my ATS fambly or look in the mirror for a long time. Not even if I were paid to do it.

The evidentiary items are multitudinous and the particular question of RadioRobert was concise. As is my conclusion of your answer.

Am I the only one that's picked up on Phage's weaseling deflective nature, hidden behind his curt responses?
edit on 11-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If you are caught avoiding the metal detector it constitutes strong evidence (not proof) that you are attempting to commit another crime.
Nah. You can request a pat down. Perfectly legal.

If you violate a judge's order for a breathalyzer -ignition system by disabling, it is strong evidence, not proof, that you continue to drink and drive.
No. But it would be a definite case of criminal indirect contempt, which is a crime in and of itself.
edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You might be able to show alternative motive which would weaken that evidence,

Guilty until proven innocent.

Groovy.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If you are caught avoiding the metal detector it constitutes strong evidence (not proof) that you are attempting to commit another crime.

No. But it would be a definite case of criminal indirect contempt, which is a crime in and of itself.

Man, I didn't think you'd give more embarrassing answers than you did when we discussed health care and Medicare.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Tried that at the airport. Didn't work.

Maybe it works for you down in the Pacific though..

ETA: Why you do dis ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You might be able to show alternative motive which would weaken that evidence,

Guilty until proven innocent.

Groovy.

The glorious Phage misrepresents "evidence" and "proof" because he can't face evidence contrary to his position.

Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You should have asked to see a supervisor. But that might be considered evidence of a crime, according to some.

You have the right to opt-out of the body scanners and request a pat-down. Unless your boarding pass indicates that you are subject to heightened security, which will be denoted by four S’s in big bold letters, you may simply tell the person running the body scanner that you “opt out.” Try to keep a close eye on your belongings while they find someone to pat you down.

professional-troublemaker.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The glorious Phage misrepresents "evidence" and "proof" because he can't face evidence contrary to his position.

Not at all.

"Avoiding" a metal detector is not evidence of a crime.

I says to myself, "Oops, I just remembered I have my pocketknife in my pocket. I'll be right back."

Guard "Arrest that man! He avoided the metal detector!"

edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You should have asked to see a supervisor. But that might be considered evidence of a crime, according to some.

You have the right to opt-out of the body scanners and request a pat-down. Unless your boarding pass indicates that you are subject to heightened security, which will be denoted by four S’s in big bold letters, you may simply tell the person running the body scanner that you “opt out.” Try to keep a close eye on your belongings while they find someone to pat you down.

professional-troublemaker.com...

Well see, I can infer the OP's meaning here without deflecting.
If its a metal detector or a pat down, his point remains.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes. And it's not valid.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Not at all.

"Avoiding" a metal detector is not evidence of a crime.

I says to myself, "Oops, I just remembered I have my pocketknife in my pocket. I'll be right back."

Guard "Arrest that man!"

Which is why they have those bins you put your keys and stuff in.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I remember when you were capable of honest discussion.

I guess we can all individually decide what your posts are "evidence" of.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah.
And maybe you can start a thread all about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Why would I start a thread about you?

link   

Yes. And if you put your pocketknife in it, they will confiscate it. True story, they took my Leatherman.

link   

You devoted a post to me.
Why not a thread?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes. And it's not valid.

Sure it is.

When your job to to secure an area, part of that is identifying suspicious behavior and making note of it, or confronting it. They are also capable of picking out someone that's actually suspicious from someone that's forgetful too.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes. And if you put your pocketknife in it, they will confiscate it. True story, they took my Leatherman.

Of course.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join