It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Health Care Delusion - Are you Afflicted?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's a god awful state of affairs. Horrible. I had it the logical easy way too long. Hardest adjustment I've had to make since moving to the states.
Idiotic system. Like some deranged evil child came up with it.

Creating a consumer commission in pharma and medical equipment that acts as a anti-competitive watchdog and helps regulate pricing would be a good start.

Provide a tax rebate for those getting private cover is another start.

Removing corporation control from your personal cover is the next most important thing. Why the hell people handed over their medical to enslavement to corporations I'll never know, that's what helped drive up the false pricing, don't any of you get that? lol

edit on 12-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Why the hell people handed over their medical to enslavement to corporations I'll never know, that's what helped drive up the false pricing, don't any of you get that? lol
The 500 million people in the EU get it, so do people in Canada, Australia, NZ, heck even Ghana and Cuba.
We totally understand how much better for everyone it is with a tax funded healthcare system for all...and win-win, you can take out private health insurance if you want to as well, some friends of mine do but I've never bothered because the NHS has been fantastic for me, from my birth to the birth of my own child, and all the operations, stitches, and treatment I've had between and since.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

the problem in America is that the people who pay the majority of taxes have already been bled dry.

The wealthy have tax havens and loopholes. The poor don't pay taxes. The middle class...has been decimated.

For me, the thought of paying more taxes for healthcare so I can support the lower class just kills me. My standard of living is less than it was in 2010, even though I make about 70% more than I did in 2010.

Obamacare made the possibility of single payer that much further away. It screwed up the middle class so badly that I am not sure we even have an answer right now. And if that answer means that the poor don't pay anything, and the rich get tax havens...then its just another bending over of the middle class. I cannot deal with that.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Get the politicians to change that tax system then, it could easily work in the US because 500 million people in the EU have something similar to the UK NHS.
Do it on a state basis, not federal, that's how it works in the EU, and our taxes are nothing I've ever whined about personally or anyone else I know apart from millionaire friends who get stung worse than the average middle class.
It genuinely saddens me when I read stories, even threads on ATS, where lack of money is preventing full treatment for your sick or injured people.

I wish you had what I have...I wish it for everyone in the world, and I can be right wing about some things as anyone, but healthcare, no, I see that as a benchmark of caring society.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

i take a medication that costs about 35k/month. I see the value in not paying out of pocket for health care.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"We don't need unions", they say.

Then "they" complain about sub standard benefits and pay.

The company will have your best interest in mind, dont worry we will take care of you.(sarcasm)

I pay an unreal amount of money out of my union package for healthcare, but I do have a decent deductible and small co pay.

We as a working class are going backwards instead of forwards in the ability to strive and thrive to live comfortable.

Big business does not care about the average working person. The bottom line is the only thing that matters to these corporations and your health and welfare along with your pay interfere with the bottom line.

It is getting worse.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow yes!
I was talking to my mother last night she's beaten 3 cancers with surgery from the NHS and is currently on 13 different drugs a day to keep her healthy, hasn't/doesn't pay a penny for it. We spoke about how lucky we are that our society cares for each other like that compared to other places in the world.

I genuinely wish for everyone in the world to have what we have...I can't imagine being scared of medical bills, sounds awful to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

im not really scared of it. medical care is available.

i am scared of my medical insurance costs, though. 660/mo to cover healthcare for my wife, son, and myself. That is more than 3 times 2010 costs. And there are some things that just aren't covered.

The medication i take now...took me 2 months of fighting with insurers, lazy doctors, and a morose pharmacy to get it all squared away and approved for coverage.

The issue we face is that our economy is geared towards barely making ends meet for the average person. Taking on the costs of medical care would make half our country destitute.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

im not really scared of it. medical care is available.
I'd be scared for other people though, it would make me sad if a fellow Brit suffered because we didn't have tax funded healthcare for all.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

In the US, i am sad. THen I am angry at Obama for destroying our healthcare system and making me closer to being that person.

I am an executive in finance. I manage money very well. And I am struggling, too.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i am scared of my medical insurance costs, though. 660/mo to cover healthcare for my wife, son, and myself. That is more than 3 times 2010 costs. And there are some things that just aren't covered.

That is almost what it costs for just me in Ohio. It is completely unaffordable.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

my insurance is through my employer. I pay 80%.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Half the country is destitute

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No sane person thinks the government running USA healthcare will fix ANYTHING.

It is 100% power grab, tax increase, and control of what healthcare you can get.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
Oh no a communist

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

80% after that type of premium is completely outrageous. Whats even the point of insurance at those rates?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Half the country is destitute

Even the half that aren’t destitute can’t afford healthcare for anything significant and persisting.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Government would be fantastic for single payer. It just writes checks, people make their own decisions.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Who's gonna pay for it?
American middle class is already tax strapped, living from paycheck to paycheck, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Who's gonna pay for it?
American middle class is already tax strapped, living from paycheck to paycheck, etc.

We're already paying for it with out of pocket health care costs as it is. By going single payer, we would spend less. Taxes would go up, but outside expenses would go down, and the net result would be more money in your pocket, which would relieve some of the burden on the middle class.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join