It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Veterans on Remembrance Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Never forget. Thanks for your service no matter what country you are from.
I always think of Harry Patch and a quote....that if implemented, would probably end all future wars...
"politicians who took us to war should have been given the guns and told to settle their differences themselves, instead of organising nothing better than legalised mass murder".

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Actually a politician that wants war but won't allow it's sons to fight or join, means only one thing, the war is a boogie man economic machine for the war machine people .

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
While I appreciate the sentiment, I find it sad that a “thank you” to military Veterans can’t even be made without a political spin.

A sincere thanks to all military Veterans, wherever you are, whether you volunteered or were conscripted. While I am too old to be on active duty any longer, I am thankful everyday there are those willing to fill the ranks and make themselves available to stand, united, for the United States.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I always think of Harry Patch and a quote....that if implemented, would probably end all future wars...
"politicians who took us to war should have been given the guns and told to settle their differences themselves, instead of organising nothing better than legalised mass murder".

www.theguardian.com...

I'll just stick with the title of your op......thanks to all us who served and to those serving now.
edit on 11-11-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I kinda cringe when people say it to me. And dont get me started on those stupid lapel flag pins.

a reply to: Lab4Us

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thanks to all my brothers in arms today.

Thank you to all the civilians and families who cared enough to send a care package, or just a quick note to a random soldier deployed. Thank you, it was the love, care, and prayers that got many of us through some of the most trying times of our lives.

No one prays for peace more than the soldier.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Cheers to all my brothers and sisters today!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I kinda cringe when people say it to me. And dont get me started on those stupid lapel flag pins.

a reply to: Lab4Us

Yeah, the lapel flag pins

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Salute to you vets.....you signed your name to give your life for your country if ordered, then as my wife said yesterday

They trick ya into taking the oath......but she said these days they don't understand really....just getting college money

Coast Guard thanks Marines and Army ...you the most .....Navy and Air Force.....proud of ya specially you sailors

Air Force rules..... I'll always have a place in my heart for my MOUNTAIN HOME tdy Takli......

ditby]edit on 11-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 11-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As a Vietnam vet, I just want to forget my service. The public, in general, made life very difficult for returning vets during the 1970's. I can only speculate as to the overall reasoning behind the public's bitter hatred of it's soldiers when it was the policy of the government that prolonged hostilities.

Today, veterans are always said to have PTSD when they shoot up bars and do uncivilized behavior. Vets are the scourge of the population throughout the year until 11-11 when we celebrate their service. They are remembered through car sales, mattress sales and appliance sales... Media companies show patriotic movies today and start vilifying them first thing tomorrow morning. If the truth be known, all vets have PTSD to some extent regardless of their service.

You can not believe that military service doesn't changes you. The number of kids freshly minted into the military that can't stand on their own two feet is appalling. They go from eating at McDonald's and playing Xbox to learning how to defend our country in just weeks. "The shock of reality". They learn to be responsible for multimillion dollar equipment and how to use it effectively. When they return home in a few months, they will have changed. They view the world differently!

The returning vets when safely home will see that the only people celebrating 11-11 are veterans and the civilians are selling cars, appliances and mattresses.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

War is almost never fought for noble or genuine purposes. Most of us understand that. Our Vietnam veterans like yourself got an especially raw deal. Thank you for sharing something important and probably not easy to think about let alone address. I found it profound and brave.

Having said that, and as a veteran myself, I do sincerely and solemnly salute all those who have had their brothers and sisters backs in the face of hell and have sacrificed so much.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

What the protesters did at the return of vets....was my first realization that evil and illogical public scenes were an attack by the increasing luciferianism.....made no sense to stress a soldier when they were protesting the govt. Was Soros around even then?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I despise the hatred that was shown toward returning Vietnam vets. It could only have come from the media at the time! Walter Cronkite proclaimed the war unwinnable in his evening news broadcast that seemed to solidify the anti-war and anti-draft protestors of that time.

The anti-war crowd seems to hate vets because of their involvement in the fighting as if we had a choice. They seemed to be afraid of the war fighter and made every attempt to ostracize them and keep them away from good jobs and continuing education upon their return. This made me feel dirty and unworthy.

My most vivid memory was the only job that I could get was sweeping floors in a local GM plant. I have a degree and now driving a broom...I felt like a real success.

Enter the anti-draft group. I basically avoided these characters because of the monkeys on their backs. I heard many times their grievances against serving in the military. None of my responses would end nicely. They always wanted to show how tough they were and could have served in combat. My only saving grace was a WW2 vet who would shake his head at some to these characters. He kept me focused during that time. I thought my war was over when I left Vietnam but I was wrong. Over the last 50 years, I would run into one of these maladjusted men(?) periodically. They are still have the cowardice well ingrained in their character.

I believe that it was the Vietnam vet who insured that the vets of the last few wars didn't get the treatment of long ago. Unfortunately, the news media is still making every effort to villainize our young soldiers by pointing out our suicide, PTSD and mental illness at everything opportunity.

We had Walter Cronkite and now it's Jim Acosta...both foxes in the hen house.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Remember:
All gave some
Some gave all
One had bone spurs

new topics

top topics

active topics

join