It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jackson’s "They Shall Not Grow Old" Airs Tonight , BBC 2 9.30 PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Been looking forward to seeing this so for those like myself who were expecting to go to the cinema to see "They Shall Not Grow Old" will be pleased to know that the film will be shown tonight as part as the 100th Armistice commemoration , it will then be available on the BBC's I Player.
Run time 98 minutes

edit on 11-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Been looking forward to seeing this so for those like myself who were expecting to go to the cinema to see "They Shall Not Grow Old" will be pleased to know that the film will be shown tonight as part as the 100th Armistice commemoration , it will then be available on the BBC's I Player.
Run time 98 minutes

Saw this at the cinema last night ($39 later)

Brilliant... absolutely brilliant! Especially when it transitions from BW into colour

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes it was awesome thanks for the heads up someone uploaded the ending today

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

That’s pretty awesome that it’s been broadcast on tv, I thought would have to wait until it was released on bluray.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I watched this. Very very moving. Granted some of it is pretty raw, but I think all history students should have to watch this in school.

The wife and I just went silent as we watched it, listening to the stories. The way it was done made it somehow more 'real'. I don't mean that it wasn't before - of course it was. But when you watch old film footage from WW1, it's black and white, grainy, and out of timestep with current filming and it feels very 'removed' from the world we live in now.

With this... it felt like it gave it more of 'this is real' element to it.

Found it very sad but also very proud of everything those people gave up. I couldn't do it. I'm a coward and I know it.

There were 15 year old boys more manly than i'll ever be in there.
edit on 12-11-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join