It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I experienced something quite alarming.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
The disabling of comments section on many sites maybe a result of the new EU rules which makes the site owners responsible for the comments made by the various posters. Big fines for what is deemed "hate speech" and threatening comments. The definition of such speech seems to be totally arbitrary, someone complains, it is deemed hate speech. Some organizations are protecting themselves against the EU, no one wants a designation as a hate speech site nor do they want to pay tremendous fines.

Another possibility, yes. The EU has pretty restrictive laws... and with good reason, I think. I've seen a number of reports where social media (India and Mexico, among others) has been used to fuel anger with fake reports (false rumors of someone kidnapping children and harvesting them for organs) that led to the deaths of a number of innocents.

Instant communication has both good and bad aspects and we're still trying to figure out how to use it.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Galacticsun

Welcome to the club. Why do you think CNN took down their comments section?
I really wonder if Yahoo will go in the same direction.

I also 100% with what you wrote.

Same with IMdB. We cant even criticize their art anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well, neither India nor Mexico is in Europe nor are they part of the EU. I have seen reports about what you are speaking of, and it occured in New Delhi. Individuals used the What's Up App to spread rumors of others being of kidnapped children, and killed 5 people they believed responsible. Superstition and religion played a part in other episodes in Africa, rumors of witchcraft, and the community responding with violence. The rules that the EU is using is suppressing speech, and I see no reason for it. Another way to vanish voices they disagree with or that disagree with them.

Hate is rampant online, annonimity fuels people to say things they may not otherwise say. Then you have racist, and as you pointed out what is called fake news. The problems presented by the various definitions of hate speech and fake news are causing more problems. I don't have the answers but don't see this as a way of helping, but I suppose that since they are trying that it's a start.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The media has made American politics toxic and it is now dividing our society with disinformation and paid shills who spew hate on message boards and call names. I've seen it on MSM comments and here on ATS many times. Very sad indeed.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
People by the hundreds can drag a person and beat them to death or gang rape them. They can vote in dictators, and form the armies that commit genocide. Do not think that it is just some few that are a problem, but a large portion of the masses that is irrational and will impose human rights abuse and genocide at a moments notice.

Stoning to death in past towns, but now calling for the death of someone, the murder of an innocent, even by the millions.

Have you not seen how large cults can get? They can beat their children to death if they go against the cult leader, and give their child daughters to the leader to molest. The witch burning, the large cults, the child sacrifices(of some native american groups in the past), the insanity of the masses knows no bound.

This is a problem that can be seen with safe spaces, and the fact that many people right now want to be in their own echo chambers, you bring any alternate point and you're told to drop it. They can only have their say, and don't want to hear arguments against their positions.

A good portion of humanity is unfit to lead or even to elect its leaders, and they're some mild environmental influence away from becoming a deranged mob. They need fit leaders to dominate them, and restrain their innate madness.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

this is why people are saying they are trying to start a civil war.

This is also why Trump says the main stream media is your enemy.

they truly are the enemy of the people.

The MSM is doing everything they can to push their narrative and make it look like the popular one.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Research COINTELPRO. Very real and still very much active today. Especially, throughout all forms of social media. Anything and everything you read is curated for your consumption. EVERYTHING.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Instant communication has both good and bad aspects and we're still trying to figure out how to use it.

I think it was Heinlein who said something like, stupidity increases as a logarithmic function related to population.

But he was quite cynical.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This was a good one that got through to The Times.

Frustrated with the CEGB and the British Governments stance, Ross wrote a letter to the Times newspaper, which was published on 30th October 1981.

It reads as follows

"As a member of the civil nuclear energy programme of the United Kingdom I have for several years assured my critics that civil nuclear energy is distinct from military nuclear energy ... if at this juncture the UK were to sell plutonium to the Reagan administration, I do not rationally think it could be maintained that we, the UK, have distinguished civil use from military use."

This was a huge embarrassment for the Government and the CEGB who were furious because the letter had been deliberatly written on CEGB letter headed paper.

Ross was offered alternative positions within the organisation, when he refused he was sacked.

Ross Hesketh and the group's efforts established beyond doubt that the Magnox reprocessing line at Sellafield co-processed low-burn-up plutonium from the civil and military reactors at the same time.

The group obtained an admission from BNFL that their phrase "military plutonium", used at the inquiry, did not describe its origin in a military reactor but rather its end use in a nuclear warhead.

Ross's revelations won recognition in his award by the California-based Project Censored of 1984's "Most Censored Foreign Story", on the Myth Of The Peaceful Atom.

www.codnor.info...

On numerous occasions, former Labour energy secretary Tony Benn gave credit to Ross for demonstrating to him that for years when he (Benn) was minister responsible for nuclear power, plutonium from these reactors had secretly ended up in American bombs. As Ross later put it, this switching of plutonium was achieved - in one of those carefully crafted metaphors Ross was so adept at using - both by "fine and coarse diversion". And, he explained, it was Sellafield that was the breach by which the nuclear warriors have taken, and raped "Atoms for Peace" - that idealist promotion of nuclear power, launched by President Eisenhower in a famous speech to the UN in 1953.
www.theguardian.com...

Atoms for Peace exposed as a fraud. A single letter to a newspaper was a big part of uncovering the truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You know their agenda.
You made articulate arguments against it.
They aren't going to allow rationality to win.
Not in this age of push button emotion responses.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The lyrics to this mirror the OP.
A classic song parody is born:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join