It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
I didn't insert anything new. I clarified what exactly I was asking. That's how the [] brackets are used everywhere.

Yes, and you INSERTED SOMETHING INTO THOSE BRACKETS THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY THERE. You are making vague 1 liners and expecting me to know exactly what you are talking about every step of the way when it's clear you don't even have a basic fundamental understand of what evolution is. So dishonest.

LOL now you're trying to say that my question was vague? HAHAHAHA

Nice refutation! Responses like this are why nobody takes you seriously. I broke down what causes genetic mutations and you STILL ignore it! LMFAO!!!

Right. By answering a new question with the same old irrelevant answer like above, right?

No, I provided a thorough list of evidence all backed by scientific research papers. Where is your refutation? Oh yeah, you got none.

I explained why that's not relevant.

No you didn't. You asked how genetic mutations work. You didn't explain anything.

Changing the computer is the equivalent of changing physics. Changing of graphics is the equivalent of changing the organism.

NO IT'S NOT. I already explained it 5 times. Are you that illiterate that you can't even grasp the points I made or refute them? You literally just ignored them over and over and just repeat your original lie. Please stop the blatant dishonesty. This is why nobody takes you seriously.

That's why I am in here asking a bunch of questions, but instead of answers I get repetition, attitudes, platitudes, impatience and scorn in return. Acting like the one asking is stupid, well, maybe it simply reflects your inability to explain things. According to you, you explained everything, but obviously you didn't.

I answered your questions and you ignored the answers. That is not my fault. You are being intentionally dishonest.
edit on 1 17 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

NO IT'S NOT. I already explained it 5 times. Are you that illiterate that you can't even grasp the points I made or refute them? You literally just ignored them over and over and just repeat your original lie. Please stop the blatant dishonesty. This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Chill out. You didn't refute his analogy because computer code is very similar to genetic code, so it works great as a simile. Genetic code precisely codes for proteins to function like software on a computer. Adding novel function through random mutation is just as likely as a gorilla making coding improvements to iOS Mac software.
edit on 17-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
In this short video quoting many famous scientists, you will see that Charles Darwin himself believed in
Intelligent Design - as a fundamental of Evolution itself

Top Scientists Admit to Intelligent Design........Darwin was Wrong!
[yet the video quotes Darwin as actually believing in Intelligent Design!!!]
[Here you will see top rated scientists who believe in both Evolution and Intelligent Design]

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck, The New Science

“Religion and natural science are fighting a joint battle in an incessant, never relaxing crusade against skepticism and against dogmatism, against unbelief and superstition... [and therefore] 'On to God!”
― Max Planck

edit on 18-1-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
I didn't insert anything new. I clarified what exactly I was asking. That's how the [] brackets are used everywhere.

Yes, and you INSERTED SOMETHING INTO THOSE BRACKETS THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY THERE.
*sigh*... Here we go again;

Barcs:
Can you not even read your own response??? You dishonestly compared evolution to copying computer games and magically improving the graphics capability. Not even close to how genetic mutation works.

Me:
Really? How does it work?

Can you tell me what "it" refers to? Because you just mentioned, that's not how genetic mutation works. What is the most logical part that "it" refers to? Could it possibly be "genetic mutations"?

You are making vague 1 liners and expecting me to know exactly what you are talking about every step of the way when it's clear you don't even have a basic fundamental understand of what evolution is. So dishonest.
I make vague 1 liners... Pot kettle.
If you were actually reading replies trying to understand rather than contradict, debunk and deceive, you would know what others are talking about. But you're too self-centered and focused only on what you believe.

LOL now you're trying to say that my question was vague? HAHAHAHA

Nice refutation! Responses like this are why nobody takes you seriously. I broke down what causes genetic mutations and you STILL ignore it! LMFAO!!!
I didn't ignore it. Why would I have used the computer code analogy if I did? Again with the fallacies, trying to shame, rather than actually discuss the subject.

Right. By answering a new question with the same old irrelevant answer like above, right?

No, I provided a thorough list of evidence all backed by scientific research papers. Where is your refutation? Oh yeah, you got none.
I'll refute something when it is directly relevant to the topic. Anything else is a waste of time. But I know you love your red herrings.

No you didn't. You asked how genetic mutations work. You didn't explain anything.
Actually I did. That you don't like it is your problem. Look who's the one ignoring stuff now... And even funnier. You just admit that I asked how genetic mutations work. Remember what you answered? And then you dare say that I "INSERTED SOMETHING INTO THOSE BRACKETS THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY THERE. " Sorry buddy. Your credibility is completely gone now. You just burned yourself.

The ones that understand logic take me seriously. The only ones that take you seriously are the ones that have bought so deep into what they've been spoonfed that they've lost the ability to question.

I answered your questions and you ignored the answers. That is not my fault. You are being intentionally dishonest.

Says the one claiming "you INSERTED SOMETHING INTO THOSE BRACKETS THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY THERE. "
edit on 18-1-2019 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I'm always willing to learn something new - New would not be a lesson in the results of Evolution.

New would be any reasonable explanation as to why - Why is Evolution happening ?

The common consensus is to agree to Evolution as fact and accept the results
- the anomalies Evolution produces and the survival of the fittest of these anomalies.

Still, I've yet to see an explanation as to why in an inorganic universe a biological experiment is taking place?

Surely you, you who believe Evolution and its play out through history throughout the recording of Human and biological time
should have some explanation as to why it is happening?

Pretend I'm an alien from a species of beings that never saw biological life - Explain it to me Human - Whys do you exist ?

- Thank you,
AlienView

Have you ever read The gods of eden by William Bramley..?
Brilliant read and may confirm your Alien Experiment notion.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Saibotkram1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
In this short video quoting many famous scientists, you will see that Charles Darwin himself believed in
Intelligent Design - as a fundamental of Evolution itself

Top Scientists Admit to Intelligent Design........Darwin was Wrong!
[yet the video quotes Darwin as actually believing in Intelligent Design!!!]
[Here you will see top rated scientists who believe in both Evolution and Intelligent Design]

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck, The New Science

“Religion and natural science are fighting a joint battle in an incessant, never relaxing crusade against skepticism and against dogmatism, against unbelief and superstition... [and therefore] 'On to God!”
― Max Planck

Is it not possible that intelligent design can create something to behave according to Darwin's model/theory. Read that book man, trust me.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Saibotkram1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
if life is the result of intelligent design , then why did god need to kill everyone on the planet and start again
if god was so intelligent and infallible ?

If the design was so perfect ?
if we are intelligently designed and all gods creations are loved , why do we suffer diseases and death ?

Also why has science proven that light from distant stars has taken a greater length of time to reach telescopes here on earth than the the age of the earth suggested in the bible ?

well that kind of just proves its all bull# to me , bull# made up by humans with a limited senses and limited consciousness existing in 3 dimensional space time , in a multi dimensional universe

the universe is infinite like a fractal well thats how it appears to me , and so it goes infinite scale macro and quantum
it's all indistinguishable at high energies

it wasnt designed , its just an expression infinitely expressing itself through light , its creation , not design , self creation self expression forever

consciousness is expressing itself from its own inertia

and this is what we have now

edit on 18-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

I like how that video cherry picks quotes from Stephen Hawking to suggest that he thinks that god made the universe

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
if life is the result of intelligent design , then why did god need to kill everyone on the planet and start again
if god was so intelligent and infallible ?

Part of the program that he designed allowed his children/creations to have free will. No Good Daddy locks their children in their room just to ensure they avoid misbehavior.

If the design was so perfect ?
if we are intelligently designed and all gods creations are loved , why do we suffer diseases and death ?

Because we defied our natural intent. Due to behaving unnaturally, unnatural things began occurring to human physiology.

Also why has science proven that light from distant stars has taken a greater length of time to reach telescopes here on earth than the the age of the earth suggested in the bible ?

That is speculative and difficult to test. Something we do observe though, and is repeatable in a lab, is that the "big bang" didn't happen at some distant point in the universe, instead, we see that it literally happened everywhere in the universe at once. Meaning you are the center of the universe just as much as some distant star.

well that kind of just proves its all bull# to me , bull# made up by humans with a limited senses and limited consciousness existing in 3 dimensional space time , in a multi dimensional universe

Many churches have been compromised with material reductionist dogma. There is even a saying about them, that they "take the keys of knowledge and hide it so that those seeking do not find it either. they themselves do not enter, nor do they let others in due to their ignorance"

the universe is infinite like a fractal well thats how it appears to me , and so it goes infinite scale macro and quantum
it's all indistinguishable at high energies. it wasnt designed , its just an expression infinitely expressing itself through light , its creation , not design , self creation self expression forever

The Design is infinite going on forever. Doesn't this make you realize the necessity of design? Random chaotic interactions could never make an infinite pattern.

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

Is it not possible that intelligent design can create something to behave according to Darwin's model/theory.

This wouldn't be logical though. Current evolutionary theory relies on random mutation and chance. Whereas an intelligent model would have created the genetic information for all life. You could argue that this intelligent being only made the first microbe and let it evolve, but according to scientific observation we don't see organisms changing into another kind of organism. microbes remain microbes, fruit flies remain fruit flies, mice remain mice, despite countless efforts by scientists to exhibit evolution in the lab. So it is much more likely that the intelligent creative being created all.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Aye but if the universe cant spontaneously create life or matter
then the creator cant spontaneously exist either
the creator needs to be created and therefore they also need to be created

there is no beginning or end point , so to say god created light and everything from that point
is bollocks because it too needs to be created if nothing cant spontaneously produce something

do we have free will or does our DNA choose everything for us , and give us the illusion of free will to ease the thought that our actions are controlled to every single aspect of our life ?

I still dont buy intelligent design , because we dont need a creator to explain everything, nor do we need a Unified field theory of everything to explain it all

Why , does the universe need to have a creator ?
it doesnt , humans just need answers to things because we fear the unknown , religion wasnt good enough because people could see there was more answers to be found in nature than the divine contacting us through "chosen individuals"
they could find the answers themselves instead of through a priest or the church
Science then replaced that superstition of "GOD"

but even science cant answer everything because our consciousness and senses are limited
yet we still want the answers to everything because we ultimately fear , time and death and the unknown
we need to satisfy our ego's !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Aye but if the universe cant spontaneously create life or matter
then the creator cant spontaneously exist either
the creator needs to be created and therefore they also need to be created

there is no beginning or end point , so to say god created light and everything from that point
is bollocks because it too needs to be created if nothing cant spontaneously produce something

I think you answered your own question. God would encompass the entirety of beginning and end, and be transcendent of time. The Creator was always existent... Since something cannot come from nothing, then something must have always existed. Therefore, All things came from this always-existent one.

Why , does the universe need to have a creator ?

Why does a computer need to have a programmer? Because it is too complex to have formed through random chance.

edit on 18-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

but the creator wasnt always existent because the creator only existed when we created monotheism and the only evidence we have of god is the bible and other religious texts which allude to one god !

if the creator or god in this case designed the entire observable universe , then a being as complex as that would also need a creator , because something that complex couldnt come from nothing , so where is the evidence of that gods creator ? Well its right here on earth its us , we created god !

Or what hawking called the god of the gaps, to fill in the things we cant explain using objective facts through scientific method.

Is a computer really complex though , we like to think it is because we made it , but to any other advanced civilisation if they exist it would be nothing more than a childs toy!

You had said earlier that DNA is gods programme , well ok if thats the case then it simply doesnt just program for proteins to function it also has the ability to reprogramme to create new proteins to function.
Also if god did make the program then he isnt very smart, computer programmes are designed so that they cant really be affected by outside information unless its specifically designed to alter that code , like a virus or a path update.
So how then if god created everything he didnt have the foresight to ensure that the cosmic background radiation or any other radiation or a multitude of chemicals can affect that programme irreversibly and also detrimentally.

Various hallucinogens and other psychoactives can alter your DNA as can radiation to cause mutation which can either be harmful or beneficial to the organism , if we are to be designed well we have been designed with initial flaws wouldnt you say ?

if god loved his creations then surely he;d seek to prevent us from harm , by ensuring that nothing could effectively alter his programming to divert us from his original design ?

My points earlier about the requirement for a god , or a requirement for a creator , programmer, buillder , begetter
we humans need to have that reassurance that there is something greater or that we must absolutely know how everything in the universe works through science it all must be explained away , well there is no human answer which will ever be sufficient enough to explain the pure complexity of the universe .
it is far beyon the level of consciousness we currently are able to tap into. Maybe in time we will develop a level of consciousness which exceeds our present state , maybe then we will reach a higher understanding.

What im really saying is that we dont need a solution , we dont have to look for the answers, we can just enjoy it for what it is !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok think about it like this,hypothetically what if we do discover a creator , with clear evidence, and somehow we meet them and we ask them so what , how , why

and they say well im much the same as you , I just appeared and I then made this, but dont know how I got here
and they too are looking for answers, what would that really mean
would we be satisfied or would we just continue on looking for answers ?

only reason anyone cares is because we have ego , and we want to know
that everything will work out for us when we die !

hence the grand creation of gods and deities and afterlife and now the marriage of god with quantum physics and intelligent design , we just want to have an answer so bad we make hypotheses with our limited consciousness which to anyone with a logical mind cant be disproven or proven as we simply dont have enough info , or the technology to test it !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I mean the only reason the universe needs a creator is because we want there to be an answer to this all !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Chill out. You didn't refute his analogy because computer code is very similar to genetic code, so it works great as a simile. Genetic code precisely codes for proteins to function like software on a computer. Adding novel function through random mutation is just as likely as a gorilla making coding improvements to iOS Mac software.

I do computer IT work for a living. I know how computer code works in programs, and understand how graphics can improve on a computer. It is NOTHING like genetic mutations. Programming language is NOTHING like nucleotide sequence in DNA. Genetic mutations change an organism PHYSICALLY, copy errors in a game do not change the physical computer. The computer analogy is 100% invalid. Keep clinging to it out of desperation though. It makes great comedy watching the straw grasping and incredible weak excuses that drive your fraudulent logically invalid arguments.

Arguing that copy errors on a game can't improve graphics is NOT a valid argument against evolution. It's that simple. I'm still waiting for anybody to refute any of the evidence, but we all know how that goes.

edit on 1 18 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Do you have a mind willing to evolve? Do you believe that the Human mind can create while it evolves?
Want to know what a hypothetical creator may have been looking for when he gave you Evolution?
This hypothetical creator can be understood - But not by the myopic and narrow minded.
So let's evolve a little, shall we?.........Let's see why both Evlutionists and Creationists are both right sometimes and
wrong at other times - Ready for a quantum leap of faith - or is it fact or maybe both

Creative Evolution

Amit Goswami is a theoretical nuclear physicist and member of The University of Oregon Institute for Theoretical Physics. He is a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called "science within consciousness". Reared in the sacred Hindu Tradition, Amit has devoted his career to integrating science and spirituality. He shows that consciousness, not matter, is the ground of all being. Here he takes the final step, integrating all science into a coherent whole in a way that resolves the heated controversy between evolution and intelligent design. This revolutionary work will encourage and satisfy you: -If you believe in intelligent design but see through the naivete of creationists -If you don't care for intelligent-design talk, but see through the naive materialism of neo-Darwinish thought -If you are a thoughtful lay reader or professional scientist tired of seeing the field of biology become preoccupied with engineering while shunning the search for the human soul. True believers (either in scientific materialism or in the Bible) are also warmly welcomed. Goswami's vision may heal, not only the divide between evolution and intelligent design, but all deep societal rifts arising from the division of scientifc and spiritual thought. It may also lead to a new paradigm for biology -- one that recognizes lifes purposefulness. Category Science & Technology
[Quoted from YouTube video description]

"Theoretical Quantum Physicist Dr. Amit Goswami is a retired full professor from the University of Oregon’s Department of Physics where he served from 1968 to 1997. He is a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called “science within consciousness,” an idea he explicated in his seminal book, The Self-Aware Universe, where he also solved the quantum measurement problem elucidating the famous observer effect. Goswami has written several other popular books based on his research on quantum physics and consciousness. In Physics of the Soul, he developed a theory of survival after death and reincarnation. In The Quantum Doctor, Goswami sought to integrate both conventional and alternative medicine. In Creative Evolution, Goswami presented a resolution between Darwinism and the intelligent design of life...........
See whole article here:
www.amitgoswami.org...

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”
― Max Planck

edit on 19-1-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Why do we exist.?...we have no idea where the earth came from.

Where space came from

We respect these unknowns and dont take anything as 100% truth.

We respect we are a special species with a string will to survive.

When the earth was a physically violent place. Predators, violent weather, more meteor strikes.
Humans were surviving that bombardment.

Today things are less physical and more on a viral scale of survival...the civiilzaions with the best medical advances are the survivors of the fittest.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I do computer IT work for a living. I know how computer code works in programs, and understand how graphics can improve on a computer. It is NOTHING like genetic mutations. Programming language is NOTHING like nucleotide sequence in DNA. Genetic mutations change an organism PHYSICALLY, copy errors in a game do not change the physical computer. The computer analogy is 100% invalid. Keep clinging to it out of desperation though. It makes great comedy watching the straw grasping and incredible weak excuses that drive your fraudulent logically invalid arguments.

Arguing that copy errors on a game can't improve graphics is NOT a valid argument against evolution. It's that simple. I'm still waiting for anybody to refute any of the evidence, but we all know how that goes.

Of course computer code is like genetic code. It is literally called genetic code. You are just trying to over-complicate things to avoid the obvious answer.

if the creator or god in this case designed the entire observable universe , then a being as complex as that would also need a creator , because something that complex couldnt come from nothing

It didn't come from nothing. It never was non-existent. We are so familiar with beginnings and ends that we struggle to fathom a God that always was existent. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but there is vast amounts of energy present... therefore this energy must have always existed, since it could not have come from nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

which disproves the whole theory because nothing cant spontaneously come from nothing and something as complex as a god , who can create an entire universe would also need a creator , because something that complex cant come from nothing

the statement is a contradiction of your own position

You said that the universe is so complex that it would require a creator, but a creator is also so complex would require a creator and so on ad infinitum , and you said that god was also infinite and had no beginning or end , but had to come from something , and couldn't just spontaneously exist !

However physics has shown that the universe does have a beginning and that is known as the big bang !

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You said that the universe is so complex that it would require a creator, but a creator is also so complex would require a creator and so on ad infinitum , and you said that god was also infinite and had no beginning or end , but had to come from something , and couldn't just spontaneously exist !

According to you... but you have to think outside the box, outside our current restrictions. the 4th dimension is time according to Einstein (see the book evolution of physics by Infeld and Einstein). God can "move" freely through the 4th dimension just as easy as we could walk up and down a sidewalk. The restrictions you are saying are applicable only to beings limited to 3D. Again, there was never a time when God did not exist. This is the point of "Alpha-Omega"... always has been and always shall be.

However physics has shown that the universe does have a beginning and that is known as the big bang !

Where do you think all that energy came from ? Even if God did have to make the leap from nothingness into somethingness, it is much much much.... much more likely that it involved a sentient intelligent process rather than a random chaotic creation process.

As children, we were raised to believe in the material-reductionist religion... but it is our duty as truth-seekers to think beyond our basic state-sanctioned programming.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join