It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm always willing to learn something new - New would not be a lesson in the results of Evolution.

New would be any reasonable explanation as to why - Why is Evolution happening ?

The common consensus is to agree to Evolution as fact and accept the results
- the anomalies Evolution produces and the survival of the fittest of these anomalies.

Still, I've yet to see an explanation as to why in an inorganic universe a biological experiment is taking place?

Surely you, you who believe Evolution and its play out through history throughout the recording of Human and biological time
should have some explanation as to why it is happening?

Pretend I'm an alien from a species of beings that never saw biological life - Explain it to me Human - Whys do you exist ?

- Thank you,
AlienView

edit on 11-11-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I imagine there's more gene diversity generated from sexual dimorphism and two genders than self-fertilisation by individual organisms. There are exceptions, like Mr Seahorse, but overall nature has favoured two genders which points to it being the most effective way of transferring genes from a wider pool.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What do you mean with "inorganic universe"?

In science organic means carbon based (has C-H bonds). Carbon is fourth most abundant element in the universe after hydrogen, helium and oxygen. It is tetravalent, allowing very diverse chemical compounds.

Evolution consists of mutation and selection. Having two sexes is a way to force mutation by mixing genes.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

OK, that's reasonable - But why?

You're implying a purpose to it - What is the purpose?

why more variation? - Why should Evolution do anything - Why should it exist?

Every scientific law we know of says if A + B = C, there is a reasonable explanation as to why A + B = C

Surely there must be a reason why Evolution is seeking this wider gene pool and variations.

The science of Evoulution should certainly be able to explain this - right?

Otherwise those pesky Creationists and nuts like me who belienve we are part of an 'alien experiment'
will continue to believe in our delusions - Help us out - Tell us what the underlying science of Evolution is?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Well, there is obviously purpose. You have not read Darwin's Black Box, have you? It's a good read. One interesting thing I learned from it is that human skin is made up of 28 different parts, 27 of which are useless with out the 28th. That goes against the logic of your view of Evolution. Evolution is defined as a change in the frequency of alleles over time. Charles Darwin believed that there was a purpose.

I am all for natural selection and adaptation to the environment. For instance, it explains certain ethnic variations in skin tone for those who live nearer to the Equator. However, I am going to say that there are two sexes because God made Adam and then made Eve. We are all related to some degree.

Now, if you want a scientific reason, then there are males and females due to the need for the survival of the species. Otherwise, the species would die out if all of the members were unable to breed. Therefore, having the ability to reproduce guarantees the survival of the species.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I'm always willing to learn something new - New would not be a lesson in the results of Evolution.

New would be any reasonable explanation as to why - Why is Evolution happening ?

The common consensus is to agree to Evolution as fact and accept the results
- the anomalies Evolution produces and the survival of the fittest of these anomalies.

Still, I've yet to see an explanation as to why in an inorganic universe a biological experiment is taking place?

Surely you, you who believe Evolution and its play out through history throughout the recording of Human and biological time
should have some explanation as to why it is happening?

Pretend I'm an alien from a species of beings that never saw biological life - Explain it to me Human - Whys do you exist ?

- Thank you,
AlienView

There is no 'Why'.
This: life, consciousness, whatever; just is.
It is, what it is.
No why required.

No: Why is it evolution? Why is it creation? Why is it alien intelligent design?
It just is, and don't nobody know why.

Some folks sure love to pretend, and guess tho...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

"......Now, if you want a scientific reason, then there are males and females due to the need for the survival of the species. Otherwise, the species would die out if all of the members were unable to breed. Therefore, having the ability to reproduce guarantees the survival of the species".

And WHO of WHAT needs this species called Man to survive?

Humans make sure cattle survive so we can eat them - What primal force wants MAN to survive?

And most of all WHY

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Okay, there are libraries full of the evidence for evolution and you could be googling the answers. Let's switch it all around. Why do you believe an 'alien experiment' is a better explanation than evolution for why life is so diverse? Have you ever thought about how the aliens came to exist?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Evolution really doesn't 'explain' much. It is more a rationalization of what we have observed.

Ostensibly, biologists theorize that there is advantage in sexual reproduction, mainly because 'shuffling the cards' creates 'different hands' and this diversity is resilient against single points of failure.

But evolution really does not explain why, or even how, a single cell ancestor could become multi cellular, with essential functions distributed to different organs, or why sexual reproduction itself 'kicked off'.

We see it, and we reason that it has advantages, and it just 'is'. So there it is!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's impossible. The world is enormous, there is no way a low population species could find each other and successfully breed.

Fake "Science".

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There you reach the limit - There is just so far you can go - No one knows why the Big Bang happened.

The 'Alien Experiment' hypothesis is not saying Evolution is not occuring

- It is an attempt to give a reason as to why it is occuring

Evolution has the appearance of being experimental in nature - an experiment in progress if you will.

Should we believe that nature is an experimenter? - Easier to personalize and understand an alien hypothesis
than an ambiguous force like nature.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Well you make a crucial point there about an 'ambiguous force like nature.' It's complex beyond our capacity to truly comprehend and all the other explanations package it up into something our minds can more easily digest.

Aliens, God did it, simulated universes etc. Maybe God created everything and we live in a simulated universe programmed by aliens. Who knows?

Either way evolution and nature are powerful forces with probably no more meaning than the wind blowing through a valley or snow on a mountain crag.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

- It is an attempt to give a reason as to why it is occuring

It occurs because it is possible. It is a simple game of chance.

It is us humans with our egos thinking that we are somehow special and have a purpose.

But the only thing special about us is that we are rather complex chemical compounds, a rare occurrence.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

It is us humans with our egos thinking that we are somehow special and have a purpose.

But the only thing special about us is that we are rather complex chemical compounds, a rare occurrence.

It's perspective. As far as we know, we're the only species to have left its own planet using technology. We can donate an organ to someone we'll never meet or fertilise an embryo in a foreign country. The very atmosphere has become a medium for vast amounts of knowledge (internet), music and news.

Until it's confirmed there's intelligent, technological life somewhere else, it's reasonable to say humans are pretty f****** special.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Like Kandinsky said:

I imagine there's more gene diversity generated from sexual dimorphism and two genders than self-fertilisation by individual organisms. There are exceptions, like Mr Seahorse, but overall nature has favoured two genders which points to it being the most effective way of transferring genes from a wider pool.

I would simply add;

If you wanted to speed up change in an organism, you would introduce sexual dimorphism or wait a few tens of billion years with fingers (tentacles?) crossed.

Or you slice dice and splice in a laboratory to create something new.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Now you're seeing it.

I'll grant that a random chance event, or series of events, could accidentally cause life to occur in a universe that
had none.

But consider the odds of a sexual, two sex experiment occuring by random chance?

If you want to say anything is possible, sure anything is possible - But the probability of this experiment occuring by
accident is incredibly small - And I do like long shots but I won't bet on that one.

There is more than likely an intelligence of some sort backing the experiment.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well one theory as to why involves mitochondrial DNA. But i have to explain some things first mitochondrial DNA should be looked at as a sort of friendly parasitic bacteria living with us in a symbiotic relationship. They reproduce through us and at the same time allow us to convert food into energy. Now mitochondria has its own DNA which tells it how to reproduce and expand into our cells as we grow.

But with mitochondrial dna nature had to put restrictions in place to use them. You cant have mitochondrial DNA mixing with others you could easily end up with a strain that could kill the host. To prevent this males do not pass on these bacteria like cells only females do. Meaning very little alteration is possible.

Question becomes were we created to help mitochondrial DNA to reproduce. And are merely just a convenient host?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

(Smile) yep, while I like to back long odds horses for fun, I wouldn't back the natural evolution hayburner in a million years.

edit on 11-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It doesnt look like an accident at all. It seems life will form out of chemical reactions. We have found meteors with the precursors of life. It appears when the universe mixes chemicals life is the likely outcome. This is why its very unlikely our planet contains the only life in the universe. These chemical reactions have occurred many times all over the universe.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Really, 28 different parts and 27 are useless
You really believe that
That is being brainwashed beyond all common logic, possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard someone say they believe and I have heard some doozies here

Care to extrapolate your beliefs using, well you know, science instead of stupidity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join