It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland school shooter registered to vote while in jail, outraging victim's father

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

OP is not here to learn, he's here to stick it to the other side, he even admitted as much .

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yup, clearly.

The OP is either upset at Dems. Or, upset that Cruz gets to vote..understandable, but has nothing to do with D's or R's..that I know of.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Absolutely, it's bizarre watching this unfold and seeing how people react to it.

What gets me is all the conservatives screaming that everyone else is brainwashed by the media except them... It's some sort of Stockholm syndrome...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Absolutely, it's bizarre watching this unfold and seeing how people react to it.

People who should know better.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Those in power know all about psychological manipulation. They have people completely wrapped around their finger, the hate and division goes to show that. People like to think they're going against the grain but in reality they are acting in the exact way those wanting to distract us direct them to.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

edit on 11-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: notsure1

I dont know how he voted nor do I care, I just know he shouldnt get to vote .

Not defending this scumbag, POS....But, do you think that people accused of a felony, but not yet convicted, still awaiting trial, should lose their right to vote?

This is a valid point.

(shocked as I may be to say that).

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: rollanotherone

The only bubble around here is the one where you think that every criminal and every migrant/refugee is funded by democrats purely to gain votes... That is some serious stupid right there...

cool story, where was that said?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

let them vote , if found guilty don't count it .

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Eh. We all know he is guilty. Also, he has not yet been convicted and is to be presumed innocent in the eyes of the law until conviction; therefore he has a right to vote. It sucks in a sense, but it is a slippery slope to begin denying voting rights simply because someone stands accused of a crime. Think carefully about where you stand on this; it could be your innocent ass being denied the right to vote some day.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Eh. We all know he is guilty. Also, he has not yet been convicted and is to be presumed innocent in the eyes of the law until conviction; therefore he has a right to vote. It sucks in a sense, but it is a slippery slope to begin denying voting rights simply because someone stands accused of a crime. Think carefully about where you stand on this; it could be your innocent ass being denied the right to vote some day.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It is a "Darned* if you do and Darned* if you don't" situation. Convicted felons forfeit their right to voted upon conviction. In most states, the voting rights are restored upon completion of the entire sentence to include any parole or probation periods. There is a concerted drive to register anyone. These drives are sending group to the various prisons to register those individuals. They would be allowed to vote by absentee ballot if not convicted.

As much as I dislike this coward of a Sheriff, he saved taxpayers money by allowing the grass roots group in to register those eligible. Otherwise they would have filed suit which cost time and lots of money. Lots of people sitting in jail, with some totally innocent, just unable to afford a cash bail and before their trial. It's a hard one I realize but maybe in this instant, it was better to let them be. Registration does equate a vote, as one would still need to apply for a ballot, receive it, fill it out properly, and return it in time. If we want to change this, then we must change the Constitution.
edit on 11/11/2018 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: rollanotherone

The only bubble around here is the one where you think that every criminal and every migrant/refugee is funded by democrats purely to gain votes... That is some serious stupid right there...

I would say you're right, if it wasn't for the building in Broward where votes are counted being blocked off by trucks right now. And people in regular cars showing up with boxes of ballots, days after the election is over.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This is too much. They should make him an armed security guard for the recount. Or Sheriff.
edit on 11 11 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hypocrisy it's finest.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

For some odd reason, I thought the guy had already been tried, hence my reaction... Of course, I soon realized that he's not been tried.

Doesn't mean I have to like it, though... But, not tried, he gets to vote.

He hasn't been tried, has he...because I'd really like to figure out where I got that idea from.
edit on 11/11/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nope. He hasn't been tried. Also, allowing unconvicted prisoners to register for voting happens all across the state. It isn't just a Broward thing they do it where I am at. Here it is pretty much Republican dominant.

OP tried to make this a partisan issue and it fell flat.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Cruz, who has admitted the killings, is awaiting trial for 17 murders. He has offered to plead guilty if prosecutors don’t pursue the death penalty. Prosecutors have refused.
www.foxnews.com...

Since he has admitting to the killings, it's hard to understand why there's still going to be trial, but, lawyers and laws! Go figure.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe that's where I got it from...

TY.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's not a partisan issue, on that we agree. But, man, it's not a good look, y'know?

But, it's allowed by law...so, there it is.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join