It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a press boycott of White House press conferences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I like the idea of letting local media outlets do the questioning.

or he and Sarah could have a 30-minute youtube session twice a week in which he answers questions Sarah selects from public submissions. 'DB from Dallas wants to know is anything has changed with our relations with Iran...Brandon from Maryland wants to know your health care financing proposals...Nancy from San Francisco wants to know if you'll work with the Democrats in the House...'

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"do it do it fkn do it"
as Bill burr once said

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Who needs a rogue enterprise hammering out a political agenda? The media has been hijacked and hacked for a long time.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
...... Jesus christ...... This illustrates perfectly the short sightedness and stupidity of the left.....

Fine..... Boycott..... What comes w that idiot news agencies?

What then you're going to bitch about your self exiled lack of access and cry foul.....

Who put stupid in th water

While we're throwing the baby out with the bathwater are we banning all news agencies or just the ones we don't like..?

????

This makes no sense in context with what I was saying.....im confused...please illuminate me to your meaning

I'm probably confused myself, I'm under the impression people are happy to throw out these news agencies and think it's a good thing....

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck

Who needs a rogue enterprise hammering out a political agenda? The media has been hijacked and hacked for a long time.

And government hasn't?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think it's more about wanting news agencies to report news instead of opinion.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy it’s never going to happen. Press room in WH is a tradition anyway not part of a constitutional right.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I see, I was under the impression news agencies have been reporting opinions since the 80s when they started being aired for ratings...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

To some degree. It's just gotten so bad most people are seeing it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So Trump supporters want only Trump approved media and that won't be biased at all. What does Trump approved media have to say about MAGA hats made in China?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They wouldn’t. A tweet like that is no more than the signalling of virtue. Nothing will come of it and they’ll continue doing the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So the press, the MSM wants to boycott the White House.

Has the MSM become less relevant?

Since the advent of the internet, many of us has become "citizen journalists".

We report, we opine, we dissect the news, the events that happen.

Well, apparently you prove they are still relevant with your OP.

Cuz finding a "tweet" and then concluding the entirety of MSM wants to boycott the Whitehouse?...That is some seriously flawed reporting.

A tweet - plus irrational gross generalizations, that's the reporting we are supposed to find credible?

edit on 11-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's nice to see you taking away time from tearing down statues (that offend you) to reply to my thread.

Yes, it's just one leftist asshxole reporter positing a boycott.

Mea Culpa.

I just found it amusing and a neat topic to bring here. I know you are for censorship and not a fan of free speech, but you may just have to dig deep and either ignore me or burn some books until you have the authority to silence people.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: DBCowboy it’s never going to happen. Press room in WH is a tradition anyway not part of a constitutional right.

Half right.

Trump doesn't have to give any press conferences. He has only given 2 in 2 years.

Reporters though? They have a legal right to be in the press room. The courts have consistently upheld their access to the Whitehouse.

(post by soberbacchus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The country survived until Teddy Roosevelt without a press room. Woodrow Wilson held the first organized press conference. The freedom of press was considered a thing before then without them. There is no blanket right to a press room in the WH in the first place.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Who is a reporter? Does being on the payroll for someone with enough money to start a news channel grant exclusive rights?

When did this happen?

If I decide to air a news show on public access TV, do I have a right to free access to the Press Room in the White House?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If I decide to air a news show on public access TV, do I have a right to free access to the Press Room in the White House?

Unfortunately there is limited space in the briefing rooms so there are some hoops, but you can certainly ask.

Apply to either the White House Press Association or to Sarah Huckabee or POTUS.

If either give approval, then you go to the secret service for a background check.

If you pass that, you get issued a "hard pass", which is to say you have been checked out by the secret service for access to parts of the Whitehouse where the general public is usually not permitted, like the James Brady Briefing Room.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just found it amusing and a neat topic to bring here. I know you are for censorship and not a fan of free speech, but you may just have to dig deep and either ignore me or burn some books until you have the authority to silence people.

LOL..
"Free Speech" includes denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately there is limited space in the briefing rooms so there are some hoops, but you can certainly ask.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

One does not ask for a right! If one has to ask for it, it is not a right. this is what you said:

originally posted by: soberbacchus
Reporters though? They have a legal right to be in the press room. The courts have consistently upheld their access to the Whitehouse.

Now, is it a right or not? And if it is, who are reporters who have these special rights? How much does it cost for me to get my special right? Or am I simply not worthy of the rights of others?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join