It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a press boycott of White House press conferences

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, I sure the hell hope that they boycott the press conferences. Some small media will step in and maybe give us the un-bias information so we can make up our own minds what was really said.

I am completely sick of the media, the news sucks with their twisting of things. Maybe the media is trying to do damage control, maybe the white house has told them they will not tolerate any more of the crap and ban the networks permanently. Press conferences are not mandatory for the president to do. They can just take over a spot on a network to get out important news if they really need to, if the media does not comply, their license will be taken away and somebody might go to jail.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This is the kind of comment that gets the most praise around here nowadays. Nothing insightful or thought provoking just childish finger pointing and name calling. Low effort, knee jerk posts that add absolutely nothing to any discussion whatsoever.

This is why many people consider ATS to be a shadow of its former self, it has turned into a complete joke.

This is the kind of content that is attracting new members, that's why one-liner insults are becoming more and more prevalent around here, because people see it is being rewarded.

Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it. Keep the unintelligent posts coming.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
...... Jesus christ...... This illustrates perfectly the short sightedness and stupidity of the left.....

Fine..... Boycott..... What comes w that idiot news agencies?

What then you're going to bitch about your self exiled lack of access and cry foul.....

Who put stupid in th water

While we're throwing the baby out with the bathwater are we banning all news agencies or just the ones we don't like..?
edit on 11-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’ve got a press pass. Maybe I can get WH access now.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

...... Jesus christ...... This illustrates perfectly the short sightedness and stupidity of the left.....

What then you're going to bitch about your self exiled lack of access and cry foul.....

While we're throwing the baby out with the bathwater are we banning all news agencies or just the ones we don't like..?

????

This makes no sense in context with what I was saying.....im confused...please illuminate me to your meaning

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The American press need to start respecting their democratically elected president.

They are setting a terrible example to the young and easily influenced.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scolai

I’ve got a press pass. Maybe I can get WH access now.

Me too.

Actually, our news director is as red as they come, and is trying to get us in on 1 briefing...it would be awesome.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

As silly as this boycott is, what's even sillier is having only pro trump press present.

I'm sure this isnt what you're suggesting, but ya never know!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is this like the leftovers who promised to leave the country if Trump became president? I bet they don't have the gnads to do it. Wussies.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LOL, you are already the victim. Weak sauce. These tools are wanting to VOLUNTARILY remove themselves. Or do you not grasp that part?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: theatreboy

As silly as this boycott is, what's even sillier is having only pro trump press present.

I'm sure this isnt what you're suggesting, but ya never know!

perhaps the pro Trump news won't voluntarily boycott the white house. That would be horrible and we should all be outraged. Explain why to everyone here Chad.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The press boycott won't happen because the MSM and Trump are two sides of the same coin.

The MSM need him for copy. He needs them for exposure.

Example: the caravan that dominated the news cycle this time last week but is now magically much less important.

The MSM need drama, need binary conflict. Trump set the agenda and gave them that.

Trump needed to get his emotive message out. The MSM gave him all the air time he needed.

The only people who don't see this symbiosis are the Trumpkins and the poor deluded fools that think the MSM is some kind of bastion of truth and freedom.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
# IGNORE TRUMP DAY

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The white house should make the media look like little children. Make them sign a code of conduct, if they violate it twice, press pass gets revoked. If the President or press secretary calls on someone else to ask a question, you shut up and take seat. That is called showing some professionalism.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Oh no, anything but that.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboyIt wasn't so long ago that the press used to treat Obama like he was made of glass and bent over backwards to shield him from controversies they should have raked him over the coals for. Then they got miffed when he treated them badly but they still never stood up to him or his handlers. With Trump they went after him non stop from the very start. But he turned the tables and treated them the way they treated him and they cried bloody murder, the poor dears. I say let Trump continue to kick a hole in whoever goes after him. After an effete elitist lackwit like Obama, a dingus con man like Bush and a sleaze like Clinton and a soulless hag like Hillary being allowed to skate past scandals, its time somebody brings the MSM to heel and exposes them for the gutless wretches they are.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
I said back before the last presidential election, that if I was the new President I'd make enemies pretty quick, because I'd get rid of the daily press briefing, except for on Friday after lunch for 30 minutes, or when the White House had 3 things it wanted to broadcast.

Most of the DPB is like, "What does the President think of the election in Brazil?" No one gives a rip. Not in the USA, not in Brazil. The reporter is like someone going to NASCAR race: they are hoping to see a wreck.

I cold imagine REALLY p'o'ing the media and SELLING seats to the daily press briefing. Or getting rid of the MAJOR media and get people like local newspapers from Spokane and Oshkosh and Abiliene and giving them the front row seats in the press room.

Or writers from Reader's Digest, Shotgun News, The Daily Racing Form, Weekly Reader, L'Osservatore Romano (Vatican daily), etc., and seating them with some radio shock jocks and internet bloggers.

just sort of ...de-contextualize the main stream press.

Cigar Aficionado
Hustler
The local high school newspaper
The Little Nickle/Pickle etc
The Great North American Birdwatchers Society Quarterly Newsletter
MAD Magazine
YouTube Channel "flatearthisreal"
Soldier of Fortune

ok im bored now. But yes, this would make more sense at this point.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
The press boycott won't happen because the MSM and Trump are two sides of the same coin.

The MSM need him for copy. He needs them for exposure.

Example: the caravan that dominated the news cycle this time last week but is now magically much less important.

The MSM need drama, need binary conflict. Trump set the agenda and gave them that.

Trump needed to get his emotive message out. The MSM gave him all the air time he needed.

The only people who don't see this symbiosis are the Trumpkins and the poor deluded fools that think the MSM is some kind of bastion of truth and freedom.

I am not a Trumpkin but I do respect the office of our president. God forbid I would have backed Hillary if she had won the presidency just like I backed Obama when he was president. I cringe to think how much my soul would bleed if Hillary would have won. I want everyone to realize I am backing the person in the office of our president who was elected by the majority of the states. I do not believe a half dozen big cities should control the people of our country. Just because there are a lot of people in those cities that do not even know how to grow food and mostly work producing things the rest of us do not really need, I emphasize need, does not mean they should enslave the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: notsure1

This is the kind of comment that gets the most praise around here nowadays. Nothing insightful or thought provoking just childish finger pointing and name calling. Low effort, knee jerk posts that add absolutely nothing to any discussion whatsoever.

This is why many people consider ATS to be a shadow of its former self, it has turned into a complete joke.

This is the kind of content that is attracting new members, that's why one-liner insults are becoming more and more prevalent around here, because people see it is being rewarded.

Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it. Keep the unintelligent posts coming.

You picked out one post from a whole thread and you think the whole website is changing because of comments like these? A lot of posts did add something and were intelligent. You chose to ignore them and hyperfocus on this one.

Also, not every action a person takes needs to be brimming with intelligence. Its ok to have a sense of humor sometimes or be silly or say something like notsure1 did which a lot of people can relate to but wasnt necessarily "rocket science". Every single post doesn't have to be rocket science in order to be relatable and starred often.

Liberals have been doing nonsensical things like this for a while. Its not any of our fault that so many people can relate to that, they are just acknowledging reality. And you are just mad becuase you know its true.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

With the empty seats, they should bring in the public to ask a question. You know a question that really matters to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join