It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a press boycott of White House press conferences

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nearly all press has become just a distraction and hinderance of the performance of the job President Trump is trying to do.

I trust him to do the job correctly without having minute by minute whiney-ass criticisms published anyway.

MAGA, Mr. President. And call or text if you need me for anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would argue the press is doing a damn fine job of perpetuating the divide, as long as people are at each others throats they miss the bigger picture.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The only part I disagree with is you calling them the press.

Even collectively.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I remember president Obama going days or weeks without speaking directly to the press, and often would just issue a text statement to the press, no questions asked. I don't remember the press ever complaining.

Trump has probably been the most accessible president the press has ever had. And they hate him.

imo

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Best idea I've heard in years. Get the msm out of the White House and let some of the lesser known outlets have a go at it. A gaggle of middle schoolers could do a better job of getting the actual news.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Granted a more fitting term would be the propaganda arm of government.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Fair enough.

Would be a much needed vacuum that would have little trouble being filled.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Best idea I've heard in years. Get the msm out of the White House and let some of the lesser known outlets have a go at it. A gaggle of middle schoolers could do a better job of getting the actual news.

Agreed.

That’s what Trump wants anyway.

Makes for a better echo chamber.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
LMAO. man liberals are so stupid.

You do realize that the negative press the President receives from the Left is actually helping to keep him relevant and highlighting the left bias which further fuels his base and draws more people towards him...So i guess you're right, the liberal "media" is stupid

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hmm... With No Press Coverage , How Can Anyone in the Federal Government LEAK Sensitive Information to the Press ?

Gee , Guess they will just have to Keep it to Themselves.........

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
At his first press conference he should politely reminded them that their jobs were antiquated relic legacies of the past because he was able to announce important information directly to interested people directly and without editorial bias filters. That technology has replaced their function in society and that they were for all intents and purposes just below tack and harness makers in the heyday of the Model T.

Any questions?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
CNN demonized for asking the tough questions or for calling him on his lies. Yep nothing to see here but fools trying to protect their snowflake leader.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5
CNN demonized for asking the tough questions or for calling him on his lies. Yep nothing to see here but fools trying to protect their snowflake leader.

Chalk

Chalk

πŸ˜†πŸ‹πŸ˜†

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5

I could certainly understand that you would deem CNN questions as tough.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Maybe April Ryan of CNN should cut up her press pass and piss on it. That will teach the White House a lesson!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

MAGA, Mr. President. And call or text if you need me for anything.

Fun fact.

Trump actually reads ATS.

Just like Jesse Ventura used to actually, personally write threads on ATS...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Makes as much sense as abattoir workers going on strike and expecting the cows to be upset about it.

All it'd mean to me would be a reduction in the white noise that hums over the airwaves and the Internet.

The funny thing (or maybe the sad thing) is that these people actually think that they matter.

:
edit on 2018 11 10 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If Trump went on a communications blackout, the Press would have DT's from withdrawals. They all need that fix. He drives the ratings and clicks. He'd then be accused of being inaccessible.

If the Press didn't report on him for five days, there would be a Presidential twittertantrum for basically the sams reason, and media ratings would collapse.

They are symbiotes now.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
...... Jesus christ...... This illustrates perfectly the short sightedness and stupidity of the left.....

Fine..... Boycott..... What comes w that idiot news agencies?

What then you're going to bitch about your self exiled lack of access and cry foul.....

Who put stupid in th water
edit on 11/10/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Time for a press boycott of White House press conferences

I kind of wish the MSM would boycott the actual news. Oh wait...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join