It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Make Up Crap threatens to pull Federal Funding from California Wildfires

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Do any of you realize that this really, really has gotten so f'n old?

Trump said...Trump said....Trump said...

Ever notice that when he brings something up there is then usually a solution or it is brought to the forefront for REAL conversation.

Seriously. You all that want to break apart every single little nuance in a tweet while for the last two decades let 3 presidents run our f'n country into the ground where was the outrage? If Trump said we have to pass it to know what is in it Don Lemons head would explode on live TV. Hopefully Whoopis too....

He is not making up anything. He is not 'threatening' anyone. He is pointing out that California is a mismanaged f'n state.

The TRUTH hurts and it is about time a person in office, because he is not a politician, says what everyone knows and not have sunshine blown up their ass.

You guys are not even snowflakes anymore...you've melted and dried up....

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Do any of you realize that this really, really has gotten so f'n old?

Definitely!

Except, my perspective differs greatly from yours.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: proximo

I don't really think he cares about any opinions but his own. But he does like to play to his base. No doubt. And his base don't like California.

But, he will use his base to get what he wants.

They don't even seem to understand they are manipulated.

Exactly how is he manipulating anyone? He has basically taken most of the Republican platform and adopted it despite being a long time Democrat. If anyone is being manipulated I would say it is him.

So what is exactly your theory on what he wants? He is an evil dictator wannabee in your story? Seems to me he has done a better job of following his campaign promises than any president in my lifetime.

If he is supposedly not what I voted for, he is sure taking his sweet time demonstrating that.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually it is probably closer than you think. The sad part is if you say you support our president, not even that you like Trump, you are prejudged to the max.

I do not agree with everything he does personally sometimes but the country is not in turmoil and that is what is most important to me.
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002018-11-10T23:12:21-06:001121 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

but the country is not in turmoil

Really?

Isn't there an invasion on the way?
edit on 11/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Actually it is probably closer than you think. The sad part is if you say you support our president, not even that you like Trump, you are prejudged to the max.

I do not agree with everything he does personally sometimes but the country is not in turmoil and that is what is most important to me.

I'm a social liberal -- fiscal conservative.

There are many conservative thoughts I support.

I have zero respect for Trump and that will not change.

I hope I'm still around in 20 years to read the history books. I do not expect Trump to fare well in the Long Game.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Really?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: samuelsson

Do all of that when the fires are over

Trump has no tact, empathy and is a crude and cruel moron. That’s the truth you Trump supporters avoid.

Actually he does have empathy.

He is looking for solutions. Whether his solution will work or not I don’t know. Trump likes to get stuff done, not dwell on things that can’t be changed.

What solutions?

He apparently is under impression clearing brush would have at least slowed the fire. I honestly have no idea if it will or not. But if people don’t think he is being briefed on this stuff by people who do I think you are very naive.

The fire fighters didn't seem to agree with him.

Like I stated earlier, firefighters do not manage forest land, Foresters do, If a forester had written the reply it would hold more weight.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Really?

They must have heard the midterms are over and they packed up and went home...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Sorry, but mismanagement is the truth. The native tribes that lived in Cali regularly did controlled burns on their lands to get rid of the dead undergrowth and promote new growth. They didn't have these devastating wildfires because they knew how to prevent it. Since regulations often prevent any sort of back-burning to get the dead wood and underbrush out, it proliferates into dangerous levels and all it takes is a lightning strike, burning campfire or cigarette, or arson to cause what we're seeing right now. Couple the bad conditions with drought and you've just doomed the areas people are living on.

Hell, where I'm from in New Mexico, farmers did controlled burns on their farm and ranchlands regularly to help prevent the same thing. You can thank the overzealous conservationists for the conditions in Cali right now. Nature can survive controlled burns. What do you think happened back before humans? Lightning strikes acted to do the same as controlled burns. Nature seemed to function juuuuuust fine without us pitching a fit over keeping forests from burning.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Stay on Target....Stay on Target...besides our president is protecting our sovereignty with sending troops to the border. All good.

800 million fighting forest fires up 3 times in the last 5 years. Either people need to start paying attention to Smokey the f'n bear or stop building in the way of the fires. This is not the first time, nor the last....

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Stay on Target....Stay on Target...besides our president is protecting our sovereignty with sending troops to the border. All good.

800 million fighting forest fires up 3 times in the last 5 years. Either people need to start paying attention to Smokey the f'n bear or stop building in the way of the fires. This is not the first time, nor the last....

Right do you have the same disdain for people living in flood prone areas, how about tornado alley.... Or is this more selective outrage?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have relatives in Cali. I have a cousin who is affected right now. They know the risk just like earthquakes and after moving there from NYC they have learned to expect it. Just like buying waterfront property on the Outer Banks in NC or the coast in Texas, Florida or any other Gulf State. This is another I am aware of as I have property on the west coast of Florida in St Pete and I know if there was a Cat 3 it would all be gone. Still love to fish off that dock though..

A risk.

That is all I meant. I was not telling saying they are wrong but they make the choice to live where they do.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Fair enough. Thx for the reply..

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

and thx for yours....hope no one you know is affected.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Luckily no one I know is affected, my family escaped the U. S many years ago...

Although I haven't escaped fires we get some doozy's here in oz as well. Praying for your family and friends to be safe...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Trumps an idiot. And so are others that believe this because he said, of course they do!

Most of the forests in Cali are either private or in federal hands... you know, nevermind.

you lemmings follow your leader off that cliff.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

No, explain yourself oh wise one uhm lemming....since you know so f'n much...

edit on Novam30amf0000002018-11-11T01:36:39-06:000139 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Democrats run California,they mis appropriate funds,yet you liberal's all bow to your leaders,you can't see the truth,these dirt bags use tax funds for their liberal programs,and underfund others,then cry to raise taxes even more,how stupid can you be,don't feed criminals

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join