It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Make Up Crap threatens to pull Federal Funding from California Wildfires

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Do all of that when the fires are over

Trump has no tact, empathy and is a crude and cruel moron. That’s the truth you Trump supporters avoid.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

California - Only a Non Democrat Can Prevent Forrest Fires.................

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Do all of that when the fires are over

Trump has no tact, empathy and is a crude and cruel moron. That’s the truth you Trump supporters avoid.

Many of them want that, they are sick of the smooth talking liars, trumps much more in your face lies which somehow are more palatable, I don't quite get that but it is what it is...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What you don’t get is even if all that is true, and I’m sure there’s another side to the story.

You don’t start that when people are being burned alive.

My goodness man, do you have any sense?

Says the liberal person who no doubt would back said California policies, which is why people got killed.

I'm beginning to think it's true... the Democratic party and their victim mentality actually draws mentally insane people to them.

Thus filling the party up with lunatics.

Do you not understand that liberal policies causes things like this in the first place?

Is there no cause/effect rationality to you, or do you just morn for the dead, not understanding why they died?

This is a tragedy, no doubt. A horrible thing has happened.

So why not make sure it doesn't happen again?

Not by banning forest fires, which would be your natural inclination.

But by fixing the reason behind them.

The very policies that allows it to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Willtell

Brothers and sisters.....except the Trump supporters?

When things like this happen

Were all brothers and sisters--- forget politics

I’ll never forget what I saw on the news the other day….I cried like a baby watching a grown man break down and cry as he watched his house burn to the ground. He has barely made it out with his life. Very sad.

So the question here is "Where's Brown?" It is an issue with Brown everytime he's in office that responcible land management becomes a tool for the politicians. Then when it comes time to pay the piper for their deeds, he pushes off anyone he can and yells the everyone is the victim.

Look, it's horrid what's happend in California this year and last, but it's not like Brown couldn't have stemed this off. He was even told last year about what needed to be done, but instead he went around touting how green he is, and how prestine the forests need to be. Well forests burn when left alone, and when people move into those prestine forests, well then guess what happens?

It's not like thise loss of life couldn't have been prevented, but everyone wants that log cabin look forgetting that it will burn just as easily as the forest. Can't afford that log cabin, oh well just build a simple stick built house instead. People should try and build houses that work within their cosen enviroment, rather then just build a classical looking house with little to no regard to the consiquinces.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So if some of you guy’s relatives were in some of those homes burning down and fleeing on a highway burning all around them and rather than emphasizing assistance and crucial aide Trump went into this political dogma instead, then you would feel the same way?

How do you think those people feel?

It's not their fault, is it?

There is a time and place for everything.

That’s something most children can understand.

edit on 10-11-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

edit on 10-11-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If it were Obama, Brown, Hillary who said what Trump said at this time, I say they’re out of line. No problem if he waited and dealt with it later as a leader should.

A Leader has to have tact, common sense, and basic human decency.

My goodness, I honestly think you folks have lost perspective.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Right, let's ignore the cause and shot-down proposed remedies and focus on the words of Trump..oh and victims.

Such an obvious hack.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If it were Obama, Brown, Hillary who said what Trump said at this time, I say they’re out of line. No problem if he waited and dealt with it later as a leader should.

A Leader has to have tact, common sense, and basic human decency.

My goodness, I honestly think you folks have lost perspective.

No, you've lost credibility. No one takes you seriously.

I told you it would happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Right, let's ignore the cause and shot-down proposed remedies and focus on the words of Trump..oh and victims.

Such an obvious hack.

I’ll say this one more time and then I'm through trying to bring just a little light to the darkness.

There’s a time and place for everything

The Buddhist call it

Skillful means

Wisdom

Love

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
AXL ROSE -- Twitter

"Um...actually...it’s a lack of federal funding that’s at the “root” of the purported forest mismanagement. Only a demented n’ truly pathetic individual would twist that around n’ use a tragedy to once again misrepresent facts for attempted public/political gain at other’s expense"

twitter.com...
edit on 10-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Axl rose was a whiny brat before it was cool.

Forgive me for not taking his views to heart.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Axl rose was a whiny brat before it was cool.

Forgive me for not taking his views to heart.

NO.

You just be you.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So if some of you guy’s relatives were in some of those homes burning down and fleeing on a highway burning all around them and rather than emphasizing assistance and crucial aide Trump went into this political dogma instead, then you would feel the same way?

How do you think those people feel?

It's not their fault, is it?

There is a time and place for everything.

That’s something most children can understand.

I'm not going to sit here and go off about my personal connections to some of the people there, but if you want to know how I feel about the fire?
I told them they needed to remove the grasses and brush around their home a few years ago, but nope they never did. Now for thanksgiving they are going to be helping me out at my house that they will be staying in because they couldn't figure out how to live in a house out in the friggin woods.

So instead of sitting there Willtell on your little soap box...never mind you be you, and I'll be me. Just be aware that California created this problem by not allowing their DNR to do what was needed to be done to prevent this event from happening so quickly and so fast. As for feeling sympathy for the people that are suffering, well I know some of them and they knew the risks of living there. So looking out for others is fine, but tossing out comments of fake empathy without understanding is not just callus, but serves no purpose in helping those affected.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What's truly funny is that you actually believe Trump is this evil and cruel monster who just does these things to hurt people... when in reality he is clearly suggesting that a serious solution needs to be found in order to save lives in the future, and if the people responsible for it don't do what they are supposed to then they don't deserve to be paid so much. He doesn't imply he will take away any sort of relief funding, even if he were some evil mastermind that would be political suicide.

A few months ago a fire blew through our small town in Australia, the bush around us was very overgrown and one day we had some very strong winds, something got lit and it went up like a box of matches, we didn't even get a warning to leave town before it hit us. I was running to my car packing it full stuff while the front lawn was on fire. I was sure the house was gone since the bush is right behind us, but luckily the fire fighters did a great job of defending the bush line.

Most people agree it was bound to happen due to the build up of dry wood, however I'm sure it would have spread with such strong winds even if the forest was well managed, but it wouldn't have spread so quickly or so far. Threatening to reduce funding for the people who manage the forests probably isn't a good response to the situation but I can see where he is coming from. It's easy to assume everything Trump does comes from some evil place, but that's a very simple and naive outlook.
edit on 10/11/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
AXL ROSE -- Twitter

"Um...actually...it’s a lack of federal funding that’s at the “root” of the purported forest mismanagement. Only a demented n’ truly pathetic individual would twist that around n’ use a tragedy to once again misrepresent facts for attempted public/political gain at other’s expense"

twitter.com...

At least we know now where you get your thoughts....

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: BlackJackal
In a tweet earlier today Trump had this to say:

There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!

Trumps Twitter

Trump’s claim that the wildfires are due to forest mismanagement has been rebuffed by multiple firefighting organizations.

The presidents of two professional firefighters associations have denounced President Donald Trump's assertion that "gross mismanagement of the forests" is to blame.

Additionally this isn’t the first time that Trump has made up fraudulent reasons for the wildfires in California. Earlier he blamed the fires on bad environmental laws without ever pointing out what those laws were and that water was being diverted to the ocean. There has never been any proof of either of those claims by Trump.

Welcome to America where out President just makes up crap and his supporters believe all the crap he makes up.

Link

Having come from there I can tell you he is entirely correct.

When you can't even partially clear, much less log a forest, all it does is add more and more and more fuel until something catches it on fire.

Even worse when you are not allowed to step foot on it because we need to save the ghastly flatulent slug, or whatever the eco-terrorists are planning to save that year.

Lots of California firefighters and a couple State Fire Marshalls in my family... they all say the same.

My own grandfather used to say that they need to plant the tree huggers in a seat and show them film of deer running out of a forest fire... on fire.

Maybe then they will get a clue.

Not possible in your case because Trump BAD RRhheeee....

But for thinking people on ATS it's a no-brainer.

The Native Americans in the area used to do their own controlled burns.

Why can't an "eco-friendly" population figure it out?

I think there are two different things going on at the same time here. Some people have a hard time keeping two thoughts in mind, especially when they are conflicting.

First, it is true that forests in which commercial logging could occur have generally been allowed to overgrow to the point where their fuel loading is maybe two or three times what it was before those forests were "managed". That's because the voters who live in and around those places don't want logging and control burns in their backyard. And it is true that the Native Americans had pretty intelligent and effective ways of managing those kinds of forests when they were the only residents there. The forests with these kinds of problems are predominantly the coniferous forests of the Western US--not just California. That's why we've seen these massively hot and large fires in the last decades in Oregon,
Washington, Idaho, New Mexico, etc., as well. Essentially all the coniferous forested states West of the Rockies.

Also, the huge majority of those forests are on federal land--forest service, BLM, etc. That means that any mismanagement is a federal problem, not a state problem. As the President, that would now make it Mr. Trump's problem. What is he doing about it?

Second, it is true that this excessive fuel burden in coniferous forests has absolutely nothing to do with, for example, the Camp Fire in Butte county or the fire in Malibu. The Malibu fire is occurring in the chaparral-type ground cover that is characteristic of the California coastal hills (where I live) and the Camp Fire is occurring in the Oak scrub and grassland type of cover that is characteristic of the low Sierra foothills. Here is a pointer to the CALFIRE incident map:

cdfdata.fire.ca.gov...

As you can see, the Southwest boundary of the Camp Fire is actually highway 99, which runs down the floor of the San Joaquin and Sacramento valleys. The community of Paradise is (or was, actually) only about 15 miles or so East of highway 99.

These native ecosystems (Chaparral and grassland/oak) have evolved with fire as an intrinsic part of their natural cycle, since long before the gringos arrived. The fact that they occur has nothing to do with forest management, one way or the other. Their fires have been made worse in recent years because the fire season has stretched from its historical May-through-October definition to basically, all year. This time of year, of course, we also have the Santa Ana winds which are warm drying winds that originate out in the Great Basin area of Nevada and blow Southwest across California to the ocean. When the Camp Fire started in Butte County, the Santa Ana winds were blowing at 40 mph. The part of California where Paradise was located has had no rain since April and had a summer more than 2 degrees C above average. Normally, we would have had a soaking rain in Northern California before the end of October, but this year--no joy. That might have something to do with the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge (RRR) which has re-established itself in the Gulf of Alaska and diverts Northern Pacific storms (from which we get most of our Winter precipitation) away from California.

www.sanluisobispo.com...

Trump, of course, knows nothing of this. He's just talking out of his bunghole, again.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Annee
AXL ROSE -- Twitter

twitter.com...

At least we know now where you get your thoughts....

I'm not on twitter.

Never going to be.

But, agree with his statement.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Axl Rose is the guy I would ask about drug potency, or STD management...not Forestry practices...
LMFAO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join