It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Make Up Crap threatens to pull Federal Funding from California Wildfires

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

whatsecret...see rednecks post above you I agree with him and I really hope that trump will have his administration work with calif to get what needs to be done and done in a good and timely way......

thanks theredneck....in a round about way he did get us all talking about it for sure........

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was thinking the timing/respect issue, and I wondered: If there were accusations of rampant mismanagement of an airline safety organization, and a major incident occurred related to the safety concerns. Would it be in poor taste to immediately lay the blame on the gross mismanagement, or is that disrespectful to the loss of life?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I was thinking the timing/respect issue, and I wondered: If there were accusations of rampant mismanagement of an airline safety organization, and a major incident occurred related to the safety concerns. Would it be in poor taste to immediately lay the blame on the gross mismanagement, or is that disrespectful to the loss of life?

None of these outraged people care about disrespecting the victims. It's strictly political, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I like to look on the bright side. Easier to see that way.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

here we are once more at an impasse due to ego!

humans and their ego eh!

the CA officials wont back down and admit there are issues, trump wont back down either
stalemate and all the while the US burns, habitats being destroyed, homes and lives , human and animal lost !
edit on 14-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Cali's uplands must burn off occasionally. Cattle Ranches used to do controlled burns to keep their pastures free of brush, so lot's of smoke bothered the city residents. Same thing happens up here in North Idaho, but it's burning blue grass fields to purify the next years seed crop. Then some bozos got a court to outlaw this on private farms. Excepting that their court couldn't touch Indian Tribal Lands, so now the bluegrass is burned only on the Rez. Yes it makes a lot of smoke, but any stray asthmatics simply have to stay indoors or relocate for the two or three weeks of field burnings.
Farther West, they still have nasty grass fires in and around the Columbia River, which have blocked off I-90 a few times in the last couple of years. Dry Tumbleweeds pile up and really burn with a lot of greasy black smoke. But one single Cali juniper like tree, full of late summer kerotals, equals an entire field full of dried tumbleweeds.

Until there's a sea change in Cali's Court decisions, the slowly post glacial climate warming, will still generate increasingly potent firestorms. We lost an entire herd of Elk, with not one hair on any of them singed, in the Sundance Fire in 1967. That firestorm came down a hillside about a third of the way, jumped over the canyon with the Elk herd in the bottom, and flared up the other side. It stayed green in the creek bottom, but there wasn't any oxygen for the Elk to breath.

Bottom line was that trees don't breath in oxygen, they make it slowly. So an entire Elk herd was asphyxiated, while the surrounding arbor vitae never flinched. That Sundance firestorm makes the present Camp Fire in N. Cali., look like a normal campfire. But if you don't correct your ecological mistakes, there will be a Sundance firestorm in your future. And that monster had 100 MPH fire fronts, which were setting spot fires 35 miles ahead of the main blaze. Only our 1910 Great Fire put Sundance in the shade.

But in the path of that firestorm, there was nothing left, only occasional hot spots in protected nooks and crannies. I used a 2 & 1/2 hose off the back of a USFS pumper to knock down a very few from a forest service road, cutting across that burned out landscape. Your Camp Fire is still leaving scorched trees in it's path, so it isn't anywhere near Sundance's violence, at least, "this time around".

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for that response, you're quite right...I forgot about the hurricanes

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Born & bred in CA. I know.

FEDERAL FUNDING.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

FEDERAL FUNDING.

I respectfully disagree.

It is SHORT-SIGHTED ENVIRONMENTAL (accent on the mental) regulations set the stage for this and future blazes. Reduce those asinine reg so that the federal funding goes further and actually allows change to happen.

The tree huggers are to blame immensely here....this destruction and loss of life is directly on their heads. Over saving the beetles, or spotted owl, or rare slug. Yes, that is the hard truth....a bug hard fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

FEDERAL FUNDING.

I respectfully disagree.

It is SHORT-SIGHTED ENVIRONMENTAL (accent on the mental) regulations set the stage for this and future blazes. Reduce those asinine reg so that the federal funding goes further and actually allows change to happen.

The tree huggers are to blame immensely here....this destruction and loss of life is directly on their heads. Over saving the beetles, or spotted owl, or rare slug. Yes, that is the hard truth....a bug hard fact.

I am aware of CA's environmental concerns. I'd rather be in that "camp" -- then not.

Many CA environmental acts have been successful.

We KNOW Federal funding for forest service has been pulled or redirected elsewhere.

Most forests are under Federal jurisdiction.

Attacking CA seems to be a favorite pastime on ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

FEDERAL FUNDING.

I respectfully disagree.

I am aware of CA's environmental concerns. I'd rather be in that "camp" -- then not.

Many CA environmental acts have been successful.

We KNOW Federal funding for forest service has been pulled or redirected elsewhere.

Most forests are under Federal jurisdiction.

Attacking CA seems to be a favorite pastime on ATS.

If you would rather be in that camp, then accept that these type of wildfires destroying vast swaths of the state and killing scores of people will happen. Yet, if I remember correctly, you moved away from the state. If true, I question your position.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It doesn't even matter if California's forests are mismanaged or not. The fact that is President is essentially threatening to withhold federal disaster relief funding

Link/proff?

I saw a tweet threatening to withhold federal funding, sent hours after he issued an emergency declaration to provide funds to help firefighters, and in the context, it clearly meant the ongoing federal funding they (CA) get for forestry management, etc.

This was absolutely not a threat to withhold disaster relief, and any attempt to spin it as such is pure unadulterated TDS bullsnip.
edit on 15-11-2018 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What you don’t get is even if all that is true, and I’m sure there’s another side to the story.

You don’t start that when people are being burned alive.

My goodness man, do you have any sense?

Actually, surprisingly, on this, we agree. This is one of those times I think Trump did/said/tweeted something really dumb. It was not the right time, and he didn't make it crystal clear he was not talking about disaster aid, he was talking about ongoing funding that was intended for forest management that was getting diverted to pay illegals to have anchor babies.

There, that should trigger one or two TDS sufferers...
edit on 15-11-2018 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Are people from California unable to breathe without Federal funding?

Sell the trees to make the money. Let the sawmills make a profit and they'll buy your trees.

(If you want people on ATS, or anywhere for that matter, to stop insulting California, stop giving them reasons to.)

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Are people from California unable to breathe without Federal funding?

Sell the trees to make the money. Let the sawmills make a profit and they'll buy your trees.

(If you want people on ATS, or anywhere for that matter, to stop insulting California, stop giving them reasons to.)

TheRedneck

Funny coming from a Redneck/Southerner -- to stop insults.

How many times has a Redneck/Southerner said "you just don't understand our culture?"

But, just so you know, I am logical/practical.

I fully support pre-maintenance of anything/everything.

National forests are Federal. I am not a states rights supporter -- unless it's something very specific to an area.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Amen

April 18, 2017

The man behind a campaign to have California secede from the nation asked the state Monday to withdraw the ballot measure from signature-gathering after he decided to seek permanent residency in Russia.

California Secession Effort Ends, for Now, as Its Leader Moves to Russia

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Are you claiming your culture is based on Federal funding when you have simpler and easier access to funding? I'm sorry, but I reject that out of hand.

Look, I really don't care if you want the state to burn. Not my issue. However, you are requiring money from other states when you have resources that would easily cover your costs, and your refusal to use these resources are the problem itself. Your people are dying horribly because of it. That is ridiculous by any standard I can think of.

The core problem is that the old growth trees and brush need to be cleared. There are companies that will pay the state to clear them out. California has ran most of these companies out of business, though, by over-regulation that encourages the existence of old-growth trees and brush. The result is that the wildfires native to the area have become much more dangerous and devastating.

If California would simply revoke the over-regulation, California could sell the old-growth trees to sawmills and actually make money for the treasury in the process. The rest of the country does it all the time. No Federal funding is needed to do that.

So it's your choice: either remove the regulations and
  • start clearing out the old growth
  • get healthier forests
  • stop the massive wildfires
  • save your people
  • improve the economy by bringing down lumber costs
  • make money for California in the process
or keep the over-regulation and
  • let the forests decay
  • damage the ecology
  • increase the devastation caused by wildfires
  • watch your people die
  • keep the cost of lumber high
  • beg for someone else to pay for the problem you are creating
  • listen to them complain about paying for your own self-induced incompetence.
Those are your options. Nature is not negotiable.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

That deserves its own thread.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Amen

April 18, 2017

The man behind a campaign to have California secede from the nation asked the state Monday to withdraw the ballot measure from signature-gathering after he decided to seek permanent residency in Russia.

California Secession Effort Ends, for Now, as Its Leader Moves to Russia

And how many times have we heard about Texas seceding?

But, Hey! It's California.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

California could, California could, California could.

Right or wrong -- it's different than your culture.

Enough with: "Where I Live".

edit on 15-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join