It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Make Up Crap threatens to pull Federal Funding from California Wildfires

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

*sigh*

Annee... THAT'S THE POINT!

TheRedneck

I know the point.

I also know CA

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Every one of those reasons you gave why clearing the growth can't be done, was implemented by the leaders of California. It does not have to be that way.

Here, if I need something cleared out, I get my chainsaw out and do it... no permits, no studies, no oversight. If I want to build a house here, I don't go get a permit, I go get lumber. The power company won't turn on power until the septic tank is inspected... but there are ways around that if need be. If I want to grow a garden, I find a spot and till it up to plant it.

If you want to get rid of the wildfires destroying everything in sight and getting worse every year, you need to clear out the forests. If there are regulations against it, get rid of them. You put them in. A forest can be managed to be healthy and lush, decrease the danger of wildfire, and make money all at the same time. What you have done is make them diseased, subject to wildfires, and an expense.

You are also making it VERY hard for me to take much pity on the people out there... it's hard to have pity for someone on fire if they jumped in a firepit and refuse to get out.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Every one of those reasons you gave why clearing the growth can't be done, was implemented by the leaders of California.
What about the Feds? Why put it all in California's lap? Do they have authority over federal lands?

The largest blaze in state history, the 410,200-acre Ranch Fire, this past summer burned on large swaths of land managed by the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in Mendocino and nearby counties north of San Francisco.

In fact, six of California's 16 most destructive wildfires in the past 25 years — in terms of structures destroyed — occurred on federal lands, according to Cal Fire records.

In Shasta County, last summer's 229,650-acre Carr Fire started on National Park Service lands before spreading to private property and eventually into the city of Redding.

www.redding.com...

But let's threaten California's funding, because...well...because it plays well to the base.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Cut it, crop it, graze it - or it will burn.

You can't fight Mother Nature...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You tell me. There's no similar restrictions around here on Federal land that I am aware of.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So why does Trump blame California for what happens on federal land?

Politics?

Something shiny?

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why not? Seems they put the regulations against clearing them in place.

Or, it could be something shiny.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Or, it could be something shiny.

The caravan has seemed to lose its luster.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why do they keep barking up this tree?

It's the wrong one. Every Friggen Time

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The caravan has seemed to lose its luster.

Nah, they just got taken care of. The Marines are gonna shoot 'em.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I thought it was the Army.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Them too

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No trump clearly just likes to blame someone else instead of going hey lets all just pull together and put them out and sort the mess !

yet the president blames someone else makes a threat about cutting future funding whether real or not

make america great again, does america with huge forest fires seem great to anyone ? Does make america great again only apply to jobs and the economy , does that somehow exclude the environment ?

as president shouldn't trump just be throwing everything into this to get it sorted ?
like national guard , air force etc? all hands on deck to make it stop instead of just blaming others and threatening funding cuts , because nothing about that threat helped put out the fire !

You are totally right you do live in an idiocracy Donald trump is your president !

edit on 13-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I do follow him and I mock him and tell him how dumb he is every chance I get. I love free speech.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I do follow him and I mock him and tell him how dumb he is every chance I get. I love free speech.

I don't follow...Do you ever praise anything he does, or is this "mocking" a hobby of yours...lol

People in politics say a lot of things and at the end of the day it is all about their actions that counts. Lack of actions or actions 180 degrees off from what they say is what bothers me. I didn't follow Obama/Bush either, but I did watch their actions, and if we just looked at that, I would say Trump bothers me a lot less than the other two. Seems we have given Obama/Bush free passes when both did things that I consider really bad at levels that Trump hasn't even come close to their lessor bads...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

No trump clearly just likes to blame someone else instead of going hey lets all just pull together and put them out and sort the mess !

yet the president blames someone else makes a threat about cutting future funding whether real or not

The left calls him out on everything even when he has nothing to do with it, so he is mostly reaction, but also wants to call out who should be to blame.

make america great again, does america with huge forest fires seem great to anyone ? Does make america great again only apply to jobs and the economy , does that somehow exclude the environment ?

So what do you do? You think it is not right to call out the mismanagement of our forests? CA/OR gives Trump the middle finger as waste lives and billions in what they say is the right way to manage trees. Don't build logging road and cut down any of these renewable resources, you know that is all bad for the ecology, burning I guess is OK since that is what they do...lol

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

yeh I have no problem with trump calling out other departments if they truly are to blame , but instead of assigning blame , shouldnt he have just stepped up and said lets end this now , we can figure out the departmental errors after we put out the flames no matter the cost , peoples lives and homes are being lost whilst they stand on the news talking about funding and who did something wrong , or who was to blame from last party on power etc!

I guess thats just typical human behaviour always seek to blame someone else instead of just trying to fix a problem , assign blame and distance yourself from it, so you can feel happy that it has nothing to do with you!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

here is a link www.sacbee.com...

highlighting THIS part

Over the weekend, President Trump tweeted that California’s multiplying wildfires are “being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws...“Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!”

There’s just one problem. The Trump administration’s own budget request for the current fiscal year and the coming one proposed slashing tens of millions of dollars from the Department of Interior and U.S. Forest Service budgets dedicated to the kind of tree clearing and other forest management work experts say is needed. And it’s just one example of how the federal government is still not prioritizing fire mitigation to the scale that is needed, according to forestry experts.

and governor brown gave THIS order back in may

- Doubling the land actively managed through vegetation thinning, controlled fires and reforestation from 250,000 acres to 500,000 acres.

- Training and certification programs to help promote forest health through prescribed burning.

- Boosting education and outreach to landowners on the most effective ways to reduce vegetation and other forest-fire fuel sources on private lands.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

yeh I have no problem with trump calling out other departments if they truly are to blame , but instead of assigning blame , shouldnt he have just stepped up and said lets end this now , we can figure out the departmental errors after we put out the flames no matter the cost , peoples lives and homes are being lost whilst they stand on the news talking about funding and who did something wrong , or who was to blame from last party on power etc!

I guess thats just typical human behaviour always seek to blame someone else instead of just trying to fix a problem , assign blame and distance yourself from it, so you can feel happy that it has nothing to do with you!

The hate from CA is so strong it would not matter, they see their management as right, Trump called them out with a horrendous example of why it is wrong and they still say it is right. You need both parties to come to the table and CA will never do that even for their own good. It all has become like a religion of anti Trump fanatics in places like CA, OR, WA now, so it is a waste of time.

Look at Obama, remember when the old Hope and change message became Hype and blame message?...lol Trump is not alone, or new at this.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

wauy to ignore my post trump cut millions of dollars

The hate from CA is so strong it would not matter, they see their management as right, Trump called them out with a horrendous example of why it is wrong and they still say it is right. You need both parties to come to the table and CA will never do that even for their own good. It all has become like a religion of anti Trump fanatics in places like CA, OR, WA now, so it is a waste of time.

Look at Obama, remember when the old Hope and change message became Hype and blame message?...lol Trump is not alone, or new at this.

way to ignore my post....I will say again

The Trump administration’s own budget request for the current fiscal year and the coming one proposed slashing tens of millions of dollars from the Department of Interior and U.S. Forest Service budgets dedicated to the kind of tree clearing and other forest management work Text Red trump slashing tens of millions for tree clearing

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join