It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Make Up Crap threatens to pull Federal Funding from California Wildfires

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
You know it's funny... "now is not the time to push a political agenda" usually comes from the right after a shooting or some sort of gun violence.... this time it's coming from the left. You guys are full of surprises!

A2D

I am with you.

I am trying my best to be consistent, and I understand we all are sometimes hypocritical.

But man, it hilarious how people can do a total 180 in only a matter of days.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's been full scale hypocrisy everywhere lately.

People who claim every vote counts and every person should get to vote author threads about someone that shouldn't be allowed to vote....

People that claim Kaepernick kneeling to the anthem was just exercising his rights and not disrespectful turn around and say Trump not attending a ww1 memorial was disrespectful...

People who claim voter fraud is a myth and not a problem for the US as a whole author threads about how voter fraud threw an election...

Like really...what the hell is happening?

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

It's been full scale hypocrisy everywhere lately.

People who claim every vote counts and every person should get to vote author threads about someone that shouldn't be allowed to vote....

People that claim Kaepernick kneeling to the anthem was just exercising his rights and not disrespectful turn around and say Trump not attending a ww1 memorial was disrespectful...

People who claim voter fraud is a myth and not a problem for the US as a whole author threads about how voter fraud threw an election...

Like really...what the hell is happening?

A2D

You are preaching to the choir.

I feel like all we can do is try to be consistent ourselves and point out when double standards are being applied.

I act like I am somehow above it, but I can be every bit the hypocrite as well.

I guess we all have room to get better.
edit on 11-11-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Aww shucks thought Cali was worlds 3rd largest economy and leader of the future and CalExit?

You want to politicize this as usual? Let's politicize it.

CA on its knees begging Trump or what? You realize Fed funds come with terms. Nothing is free, nothing is owed.

Now if there was some way to make sure all of Hollywood and just sanctuary cities were denied the funds.....there are a lot of good conservatives in that state.

Sick of the politicization of god damn tragedies. Like that POS in Puerto Rico who threw FEMA food away just to attack Trump. Pathetic far left.
edit on 11/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I act like I am somehow above it, but I can be every bit the hypocrite as well.

I guess we all have room to get better.

Yeah you are right Gram

It is hard to avoid when you are surrounded by it, yet that is probably where the "room to get better" comes in

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Again, there is zero point or reason to discuss/debate with a polar opposite -- unless I crave attention.

I don't.

And yet you do so on ATS almost every day.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
There is an alarming growing amount of hatred coming from the Trump supporters. People are dying and homes are being burned to the ground and Trump supporters proudly want to damn them all to hell. The list keeps getting longer of people the Trump party hates. I don't even feel comfortable calling them republican or conservative anymore.

Wait... Don't push that to the right. The left been hating for a good while now, even hating during Obama years. The left started hating Trump about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes, and been screaming impeach! even before his first day in office. The media and Hollywood have been around 95 to 100% anti-everything Trump, so don't say the right hates...lol

A good analogy is a group of people poking a bear with sticks and after awhile the bear roars and everyone say SEE THE BEAR IS DANGEROUS!! Much of what you see on the right is reaction to an initial action from the left...

edit on 11-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I love how you use opinion, emotion triggers and twist facts to claim "facts" to justify your anti trump rants.

the mental gymnastics and effort must be astounding.

outside of that one FACT that blows most of your (and other supporters of this tripe) out of the water is this.

He is not threatening to cut funding for this CURRENT CRISIS ..... he is talking about cutting FUTURE FUNDING TO THE STATE OF CA.

Nowhere have you or others presented FACTS that he is gonna "pull the plug" as it were on the current firefighting efforts.

Just take the fact of CUTTING FUNDING and insert the LIE its current.

In fact had there been any info on him pulling the funding for current operations it would have been PLASTERED all over the press.

many here (sorry if I dont list all your names) have SHOWN PROOF that the forests are mismanaged by CA though DIRECT INVOLVEMENT and INSANE extreme environmental laws protecting everything and anything.

BTW I thought CA always is bragging how good their economy is , how they get less back from the government (psst ALL STATES its the same, but CA gets more back than most) , and how they can make it without US government interference.

If all that is true then why would government funding cuts scare you?

Scrounger

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Does make america great again , include allowing forest fires to burn

or should trump not be sending in extra people to tackle it instead of trying to blame someone else !

I mean americans first right ?

I've noticed that about government , it always seems to be lets blame someone else instead of tackling the issue !

just blame the opposition when they were last in power

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I fail to see how pointing out the root of the problem, as well as the fact that California is doing this to themselves, somehow goes against making America great. Are you saying more fires make America great?

It's just plain old science... you know, the kind that people like to scream about whenever there's a warm muggy day where they are? The problem is that Global Warming is junk science, though, just like saying that leaving tinder doesn't create fire danger. Besides, no one is withdrawing aid for these fires, as was pointed out above.

I swear, we're living in Idiocracy...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

it's THE TIMING people lost loved ones and houses then they heard trump say that adding all the more stress to an already bad situation.........he could have waited until the fires were done people all accounted for

THE TIMING what do you not get about that?????????? Can the president show a little compassion??

these fires are 100 years in the making...too many years the whole smokey the bear you can prevent forest fires nice idea but went way too overboard.

we're not saying trump shouldn't talk about it...but how about showing a speck of DECENCY asnd RESPECT by waiting until the fires are over and people are accounted for and people have a little time to get over the shock...is that so much to ask??????

edit on 12-11-2018 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2018 by research100 because: spelling added sentence

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

were not saying trump shouldn't talk about it...

How about offering some compassion? I guess that's asking too much. He don't do that so good. Divisiveness is his forte.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

were not saying trump shouldn't talk about it...

How about offering some compassion? I guess that's asking too much. He don't do that so good. Divisiveness is his forte.

He's tweeted several things about the forest fire. The ones in the post concern the management of the forests. Several have been directed towards the people involved. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The California Fire Fighters, FEMA and First Responders are amazing and very brave. Thank you and God Bless you all!

Nov. 12, 2018, 11:31 a.m.

Nov 10, 2018 05:19:35 PM More than 4,000 are fighting the Camp and Woolsey Fires in California that have burned over 170,000 acres. Our hearts are with those fighting the fires, the 52,000 who have evacuated, and the families of the 11 who have died. The destruction is catastrophic. God Bless them all. [Twitter for iPhone]

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Too bad he has to wreck it with nonsense.

Those fire fighters he praised know the difference.

He added, "Moreover, nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management, and another two-thirds under private control. It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California."

Fire
edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I get the timing issue... I am not going to comment on that for now. I see both sides: the one that says fix the problem and the one that says give people a chance to get things under control. My concern is making sure there are no more needless fires.

This is the exact same argument many of us have used after a mass shooting. But we are told that's wrong somehow and we should immediately get on banning guns before the blood stops flowing even. Now it's the other way around. That's my issue with your argument: you don't get it one way when it's you affected and another way when it's me affected. That dog don't hunt.

So which do we do? Show that compassionate delay for everyone or show it for no one?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Next Donald Trump will be blamed for car accidents because of his tariffs....seriously. People have gone off the deep end. They HATE Trump. DO NOT want him around...but cannot stop talking about him or looking at him or stating we cannot compare him to anyone either.

Turn off the TV. Put down the phone. Leave Social Media. Close your laptop. Go outside...

Things are ok but the things that have affected us for centuries is still there. Fires. Hurricanes. Tornadoes. Accidents. Illegal voting. Immigration. The KKK is not hanging people in the streets. Gays are not being crucified.

I feel just as bad for someone who lost their home in a fire as someone who today lost their battle with cancer. Tragedy is tragedy and it is time to stop using it to promote political interests.
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002018-11-12T12:58:53-06:001253 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Trump has earned disrespect by his own words.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You couldn't be more wrong. From the first Franciscan missions along the Cameno Real, Europeans braved Santa Anna Windstorms. As long as their developments were cattle ranches they stayed safe. But late in the Nineteenth Century, the locals got tired of the fire ecology's yearly smokes, and outlawed cattle ranches. In the fifties, as a little kid, I went along on a hunting trip, up to the crest of the coastal mt's. and the hunting preserve was an old derelict cattle ranch.
Manzanita brush 40 feet tall, with nothing but a blackish clay soil, similar to Idaho's mica mud, under the brush, is always a recipe for a firestorm, followed by lethal landslides.

Cali needs to go back to raising cattle, and controlled burning of their pastures every year or so. Not many housewives use outside clothes lines today, so a little fly ash won't ruin everything. But those tall juniper like trees, and maybe even Eucalyptus trees, should be replaced by Albuquerque compliant fire resistance shrubs. But getting rid of their over story won't cut it without going back to large cattle, sheep, and or, goat ranches, to keep the grasses down, so Santa Anna windstorms can't wipe out entire cities, like the Camp Fire is doing.

Blaming President Trump or P. G. & E. won't save them from the next bigly firestorms. Gov. Moonbeam even came out blaming Climate change deniers for this latest perfectly avoidable Clusterflub. Cali is slowing drying out ever since those first Franciscan Friars hoofed it there, on foot from Santa Fe, through post ice age meadows, teeming with antelope and deer. Those remnant shallow lakes are all dried up and blown away, today. And no matter how much water they thieve from the Colorado River, they are still going to be living in a semi desert, with those cyclical Santa Anna Windstorms.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Not sure what that has to do with this.

I'm native CA born in Compton.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not sure what that has to do with this.

Not much, really. It would just prevent these massive fires.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join