It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Are you being purposely obtuse, or just blinded loyalty? Or...... just another garden variety right wing troll? I’m guessing the latter. Why would anyone give him credit for being shamed into stopping at another cemetery?

They plan these events well in advance. They plan for contingencies. I imaging even you check the weather before leaving the trailer. Right? I just found another reason I should be elected president. I always check the weather, especially when traveling. It’s kinda important. I’m already more competent than his entire team.

He only did what he did because he was shamed into it. It’s the optics. someone sat the petulant one down and explained how this was gonna play out in the eyes of the public. To believe otherwise, or any of his story, is at best naive.

a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
how often do we read articles about:
the never ending wars?
failing public education system?
corporate run prisons?

the short answer is, we don't. we get instead, trump is a bad person, the Clintons are a crime family. all nonsense.

Ahem... you got it at least half right.

Trump is not a bad person (plenty of real evidence for anyone with eyes to see), although he does and says dumb things sometimes (who doesn't?), so definitely nonsense.

But... the Clintons? Sorry, they definitely are a crime family - again, plenty of real evidence for anyone with eyes to see. So not nonsense in the slightest.

we've had democrat led government.... nothing changed
we've had republican led government .... nothing changed.

Both true, but you know what? For the first time that I can remember, I actually have hope that some things at least might change for the better. Trump is at least trying, and look at what he is up against.

Personally, I'm amazed he is still breathing.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well, comparing this to simply closing military bases is not a particularly well thought out example.

My point was it is claimed that Trump cares about military veterans yet his administration seems intent on taking veteran healthcare out of the hands of the government and privatising it making it a for profit organization , this is not for the benefit of veterans but for his business friends.

The issue, which has pitted almost every major veterans group against Concerned Veterans for America, an advocacy group funded by the billionaire conservative brothers Charles G. and David H. Koch, and its allies, has been at the center of months of intrigue at the sprawling Department of Veterans Affairs, which is charged with caring for the United States’ 20 million veterans.

Dr. Shulkin, who was dismissed Wednesday evening by presidential tweet, argued in an op-ed article in The New York Times and in a subsequent interview on Thursday that such radical restructuring of veterans’ health care would not work.

He said that a middle path that he had tried to pursue — investing in the department’s own health care system while offering veterans more, though not unfettered, access to private doctors — had been rejected by Trump administration officials interested in rewarding private individuals and companies with a windfall in government money.

“They saw me as an obstacle to privatization who had to be removed,” he wrote in one of the most forceful statements offered yet by a fired Trump administration official.
www.nytimes.com...

Bottom line is Trump cares about money not the welfare of veterans , business doesn't care about people it cares about profit.
edit on 15-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Well, comparing this to simply closing military bases is not a particularly well thought out example.

My point was it is claimed that Trump cares about military veterans yet his administration seems intent on taking veteran healthcare out of the hands of the government and privatising it

Oh, the horrors!

Yeah, well, since the current VA (at least up until 2 years ago) has been such a shining example of a well run organization (rotflmao)...

Sorry, couldn't resist....

In all seriousness, I don't think the aim is to 'privatize' it, it is to simply let them use the existing private healthcare system like anyone/everyone else. the only questions would be access to their health records from the current VA system, and ho payments to providers are made - surely not a very big issue (well, records access may be a problem depending on the systems they are currently likely to be using)...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

how often do we read articles about:
the never ending wars?
failing public education system?
corporate run prisons?

the short answer is, we don't. we get instead, trump is a bad person, the Clintons are a crime family. all nonsense.

Ahem... you got it at least half right.

Trump is not a bad person (plenty of real evidence for anyone with eyes to see), although he does and says dumb things sometimes (who doesn't?), so definitely nonsense.

But... the Clintons? Sorry, they definitely are a crime family - again, plenty of real evidence for anyone with eyes to see. So not nonsense in the slightest.

we've had democrat led government.... nothing changed
we've had republican led government .... nothing changed.

Both true, but you know what? For the first time that I can remember, I actually have hope that some things at least might change for the better. Trump is at least trying, and look at what he is up against.

Personally, I'm amazed he is still breathing.

i'm open to hearing your side.
can you post links to all the stories where the clintons were charged and found guilty of crimes?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

can you post links to all the stories where the clintons were charged and found guilty of crimes?

I said there is plenty of real evidence. Where did I say they were ever charged much less convicted?

Also like I said, it does require an open mind and willingness to look.

You can start with James Comey's speech wherein he laid out all of her crimes regarding handling of classified email, even providing the specific statutes she violated - all felonies.

But, of course, they declined to prosecute because she was 'too stupid to know that she was committing crimes', so I know you'll discount that...

Benghazi? Russia? The Clinton Foundation? How about the long list of dead bodies going all the way back to Arkansas?

Here is a good book with lots of details...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

the clintons are not a "crime family" until they are found guilty in a court of law.

twitter, facebook and youtube are not valid sources. either are biased books written by authors looking to cash in on people's already bias ideas.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

But the private healthcare system is more about turning some kind of profit, than care.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Trump is a rainist.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

No, everyone deserves the presumption of innocence. The Clintons are long past that.

the clintons are not a "crime family" until they are found guilty in a court of law.

Yeah, just like the Gambinos, and every other mafia crime family in history.

twitter, facebook and youtube are not valid sources. either are biased books written by authors looking to cash in on people's already bias ideas.

As I said - you actually have to have an open mind and be willing to look at the evidence objectively.

That obviously leaves you out.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
But the private healthcare system is more about turning some kind of profit, than care.

In some ways - but likely not ways that you think - you are right. But that is a subject that deserves its own thread (one I'm working on by the way, no idea when I'll get it far enough along to post).

But do you honestly believe there is no 'profit motive' in any government run system?

I think most everyone agrees the VA 'health care' system is beyond broken, and has been since its inception. Why do you think that is? It is because, like all other government run programs, it is controlled by a bunch of beurorats who !gasp! only care about profit - in the sense of keeping their jobs and increasing their pay and benefits, all while doing as little actual work as possible. So, their only real concern is making the numbers look good on paper to their superiors so they keep their jobs and maybe even get a nice budget increase the following year.

Yes, it is possible to actually appoint good people, who have great intentions, and will even do some good, for a while at least (for the VA see the last 2 years) - but the problem with any government run system is, eventually (sooner rather than later), the good people will be replaced by beurorats who only care about their own personal 'profit'. I call it the LCD (lowest common denominator) theory of government programs.

The quality of the service - in this case, care for the Vets (you know, the people the system was intended to serve) - is probably right about last in the list of priorities of any government run system, 99.9% of the time.

You see, contrary to popular radical Leftist ideology, the profit motive, in and of itself, is not evil, or even bad. All you have to do is look at Communist countries (like Russia) to see what happens when there is no profit motive. No one cares about anything. Everything rots from neglect, because no one owns anything. My wife can tell you all about it (she is Russian).

Part of my thread on health care will be another related thread on the 'profit motive', and what is wrong with our current system, and how it could be fixed.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

In all seriousness, I don't think the aim is to 'privatize'it, it is to simply let them use the existing private healthcare system like anyone/everyone else.

I used the English spelling of the word , the correct one.

As with all things governments do the proof of the pudding will be in the eating but the move of veteran care to the private sector seems to me aimed at saving money not improving veteran care.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
As with all things governments do the proof of the pudding will be in the eating but the move of veteran care to the private sector seems to me aimed at saving money not improving veteran care.

Yes, but considering the difference in quality of care between private hospitals/doctors and the VA, I think it is safe to say quality of care would improve dramatically.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think most everyone agrees the VA 'health care' system is beyond broken, and has been since its inception. Why do you think that is? It is because, like all other government run programs, it is controlled by a bunch of beurorats who !gasp! only care about profit - in the sense of keeping their jobs and increasing their pay and benefits, all while doing as little actual work as possible. So, their only real concern is making the numbers look good on paper to their superiors so they keep their jobs and maybe even get a nice budget increase the following year.

True to a point, but I don't see it as profit made, just less expense(not right either way)..I guess it's a matter of perspective. I agree the system is broken, and I think most bureaucrat's should walk the plank.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

True to a point, but I don't see it as profit made, just less expense(not right either way)..I guess it's a matter of perspective. I agree the system is broken, and I think most bureaucrat's should walk the plank.

You miss the point. Their (th beurorats) 'profit' is they get cushy jobs with big (mostly undeserved imo) paychecks.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes, I do understand that, I see it here, in Canada, occasionally a dept head gets lambasted for it by the news..but not often enough.
Way too many layers of bureaucracy here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join