It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Last time I checked, myself and my other marine corps veterans don't give a # what Trump or Kaep do... stand, kneel, go, dont go... just leave vets out... I'm tired of civilians speaking on my behalf about how I'm so insulted.... I'm not insulted or offended...not now, not ever.

A2D
edit on 11-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I am a vet I am not offended, 17 going 18 years in uniform.

Why do some on the left (don't know if you are left or right) get offended and try to "defend" the military now when over the 8 years of the previous administration kicking people out left and right, stripping the budget, telling those that remain they need to work 14-16 hours a day to keep 40+ year old planes flying and the left Cheered.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Nope, check again, Colin is the yuge POS and Trump did the right thing here.

Media complaining while vets aren't.
edit on 11-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How dare he disrespect the flag and our troops by kneeling. Wtf is wrong with him?

Oh wait, wrong person.

It was wet, hey kerpeneick dude, just do it when its wet next time - that's a valid exscuse.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump has already shown our military and vet's more respect over the last 2 years than the entire previous administrations 8 years.

Yet these perpetual outrage artists have the nerve to say he is disrespectful to vet's? He missed an appearance get over it... If you think he did it out of disrespect you are a moron.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lest We Forget.
This day is not about Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Kaepernick said America is racist and the flag is a symbol of oppression and he refuses to show respect.

What does that have to do with water?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

They don't care about vets. The media only cares about Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WW1 just a big human sacrifice event anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump doesn't visit a memorial site?
They all become proud nationalists and uber patriots.

I think it's more a matter of respect for those who gave their lives so we could lead ours.

The left would spit on those graves if given a chance...who knows how bizarre the world can get if they have power for much longer.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer
Telling others to cut the insults while hurling a turd yourself.

He missed a wreath laying ceremony for a pretty valid reason bad weather in a helicopter is a bad situation. As stated before in this thread his motorcade in a foreign country would be huge and possibly big enough to obstruct others from paying their respects.

www-m.cnn.com...
Look at this cnn article taking a dump on him for donating his salary to the VA.
How many of you donate anything to the vets?
www.snopes.com...

He didn’t lay a wreath he donated more money then many make in a year. That’s more then a few wreaths.

edit on 11-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Everyone condemning Trump as anti veteran. I still remember their liberal god denying these veterans access to their memorials in D.C. They sure didn't care much about that.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think the mans great for President..

but if her really failed to go to the memorial because of rain or planning, that disgusts me to no end.

you walk if you have too..
for a man who worships the military, it seems very strange to miss this.

I'm yet to see the whitehouse counter statements the weather and poor planning meant he couldnt attend

thats a big red X if its true.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

GREAT if he is calling of the WW1 memorial due to bad weather, lets hope he doesnt #ing return to Scotland to play golf because of the rain!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I agree, he could have made it there by means of how the other leaders managed to make it there. (Reply to: Boomy327, page 1)
edit on 011CST06America/Chicago03060630 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of media manipulation and no research.

There were 2 planned trips for our POTUS.
One to a cemetery far outside Paris. A option.
One with ALL of the other free world leaders. Mandatory.

The first one was cancelled due to logistic and weather. Helis were grounded. This is fact.
The second one was attended by our POTUS, the real reason he was there, and he spoke for over 15 minutes in the rain and a Marine did not hold an umbrella over him.

The media lies. When will people realize it is not who he is but the threat he is to them. They took a time to remember and turned it into more hate. They prop up a foreign leader like Macron for his works AGAINST out country and knock their own with lies. They suck.

Thank you veterans...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Boomy327
While this is obviously blown out of proportion, the guy still could have gone to pay his respects despite the rain.

He got a fresh spray tan last night. It washes off if you don't let it soak in for a full 24 hours.

It's not far from the truth.

It's his narcissistic personality disorder.

He is still recovering from the last time he got rained on a few weeks ago.

“By the way, somebody just said, ‘Your hair looks different today,' ” Trump said of his appearance while delivering remarks at the Future Farmers of America (FFA) convention in Indianapolis on Saturday evening.

“I said, well I was standing under the wing of Air Force One during a news conference earlier this morning — a very unfortunate news conference,” Trump continued.

“And the wind was blowing and the rain, and I was soaking wet,” the president said. “And that’s what I ended up with today.”

thehill.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The first one was cancelled due to logistic and weather. Helis were grounded. This is fact.
The second one was attended by our POTUS, the real reason he was there, and he spoke for over 15 minutes in the rain and a Marine did not hold an umbrella over him.

Do you have a link to this speech in the rain?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Why...cannot seem to find it in the MSM? Hmmm......it is out there. Check Twitter if they have not deleted all of the personal videos yet.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Just a small sample:

Trump cancels First World War memorial visit to US cemetery because of 'poor weather'

Trump Cancels Visit to World War I Memorial Site Due to ‘Poor Weather’

White House cancels Trump's WWI cemetery visit in France over weather

Trump Cancels Trip to U.S. Military Cemetery, Citing Bad Weather

Trump cancels World War One memorial visit to US cemetery because of 'poor weather'

From one of the "articles":

A member of the British Parliament and grandson of legendary British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Nicholas Soames, was even more critical, calling Trump “pathetic” and “inadequate” on Twitter because he “couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen” who “died with their face to the foe.”

Really?

Wait a second.

When Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem, the media and the Left told us it was his right to do so (which it is), despite the fact that many thought it was disrespectful to those that had lost their lives fighting in our government's endless wars.

But now its "how dare Trump disrespect the military and the fallen"...?

So you are going to conflate the football player protesting to fight for his ideals with this move by the president because he is lazy?

That's mental bro.

Like mental gymnastics mental.

Good on you, keep staying low IQ and promoting ignorance, keeps sites like ATS alive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join