It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm with you Freeborn.

There must have been fifteen hundred at our local ceremony today, not including the youngsters and veterans in the parade. The service overran by fifteen minutes because there were so many people laying wreaths. Luckily the rain held off.

Some people have no idea how badly Trump's latest hissy fit has gone down even Fatty Soames, Winston Churchill's grandson, and the Torygraph have waded in. The Telegraph even wins today's Snark Award: "Mr Trump will be among more than 70 heads of state and government who will gather at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Arc de Triomphe today (on Sunday), although rain was forecast." The Telegraph!

Still, Trump got to catch up with Putin.
edit on 11-11-2018 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Tell Ellwood that mortars, 7.62s flying over my head, and inbound vbieds didnt stop me either...would they stop him? I'm sure they would. Theres a big difference between a soldier/marine/sailor/airman and a politician. Only a fool would compare the two.

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: rickymouse

Remembrance Day is a BIG thing over here.

Its exactly 100 years to the day since the end of WWI.
It's about showing respect to all those who served and paid the ultimate price.

European leaders always make an extra effort on Remembrance Sunday....seems your President is above such things.

I visited my local Cenotaph today and observed the silence and laying of wreaths along with many locals, ex-Serviceman and serving personnel.

It may not be a BIG thing to you....it is to us.

Nah
Wasn't a big deal to us.
We just sent our sons to save your collective asses.
But you have all that respect, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Grow up and have a bit of respect and dignity....and if you can't manage that try learning a bit of world history free from US bias.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: skywatcher44

Tell Ellwood that mortars, 7.62s flying over my head, and inbound vbieds didnt stop me either...would they stop him? I'm sure they would. Theres a big difference between a soldier/marine/sailor/airman and a politician. Only a fool would compare the two.

A2D

That's Lieutenant Colonel Ellwood to you, still on the Army reserve list, and hero of the 2017 Westminster terrorist attack. Google the pictures.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Grow up and have a bit of respect and dignity....and if you can't manage that try learning a bit of world history free from US bias.

If you had any of that "respect and dignity" this issue wouldn't actually be an issue.
"Bad orange man no shows euro event" details at 11

You lot looking for any perceived slight are the issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm not looking for anything, I'm pretty much neutral on Trump and have no pre-conceived ideological viewpoint to limit my perspective.

He couldn't be arsed to go and show his respect for fallen US soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrifice because he didn't want to get wet.

The slight is pretty #ing obvious.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm not looking for anything, I'm pretty much neutral on Trump and have no pre-conceived ideological viewpoint to limit my perspective.

He couldn't be arsed to go and show his respect for fallen US soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrifice because he didn't want to get wet.

The slight is pretty #ing obvious.

So you are another that believes the potus makes his own travel plans?
If so you are as dumb as disrespectful.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That doesn't sound neutral to me.

Neutral would probably be "well we know helis cant exactly traverse in inclement weather very safely, and a 50 mile drive is more than the SS is used to securing..."

I dont care whether or not you believe the OS...but it sounds much more reasonable than "Trump ditched the memorial service to play tic tac toe in his hotel"

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: soundguy
Wow, so you guys worship a man who isn’t smart enough to plan for a rain contingency. God help us if we ever suffer a major catastrophe. Maybe tRump needs to page out of the better mans playbook. He seemed to have a better grasp on things. thehill.com... a reply to: seagull

You beieve potus makes the travel plans?
And you have the stones to call out any one else?
What a special world you inhabit!

are you telling us they don't have contingencies in place for the president,,whoever is president......how do we know they said there was a security problem to cover trumps behind

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I don't owe anyone respect, respect is earned and your President hasn't earned my respect.

But those fallen soldiers certainly have earned my respect.

He's The President of The United States of America....if he'd really wanted to make the ceremony he could have.
Everything else is just smoke in mirrors.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yeah, the contingency is...DONT GO.

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: soundguy
Wow, so you guys worship a man who isn’t smart enough to plan for a rain contingency. God help us if we ever suffer a major catastrophe. Maybe tRump needs to page out of the better mans playbook. He seemed to have a better grasp on things. thehill.com... a reply to: seagull

You beieve potus makes the travel plans?
And you have the stones to call out any one else?
What a special world you inhabit!

are you telling us they don't have contingencies in place for the president,,whoever is president......how do we know they said there was a security problem to cover trumps behind

Contingencys perhaps for EMERGENCIES, ceremonies not so much.
Nice try tho.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't owe anyone respect, respect is earned and your President hasn't earned my respect.

But those fallen soldiers certainly have earned my respect.

He's The President of The United States of America....if he'd really wanted to make the ceremony he could have.
Everything else is just smoke in mirrors.

Hold on to that hate, it will keep you warm at night.

Oh and as to the why he didn't go, if it is revealed he could have and didn't i will be pissed.
Right now I still have faith on the secret service, you know the agency responsible for potus security.
But you euros know better than our secret service, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I reserve my hate for people and things that do me wrong.....Trump has done me no wrong, so I don't hate him.

What is so hard for you to understand about that?

I have no particular like or dislike about him; sometimes I think he's right, other times I think he's wrong.
Is that such a hard and difficult mindset for you to comprehend?

On this occasion I think he showed a massive disrespect to servicemen and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Remembrance Day is a BIG thing over here.

Its exactly 100 years to the day since the end of WWI.
It's about showing respect to all those who served and paid the ultimate price.

European leaders always make an extra effort on Remembrance Sunday....seems your President is above such things.

I visited my local Cenotaph today and observed the silence and laying of wreaths along with many locals, ex-Serviceman and serving personnel.

It may not be a BIG thing to you....it is to us.

How many other European leaders showed up that day for the Ceremony at the gravesite? I would guess very few if any were there. The Royal family of England did their remembrance day at Westminster, not at that cemetary. Were there even any French leaders there?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It was a US war grave site in France for US soldiers who fought there.

Surely they are deserving of the respect of The President of The United States of America?

Its has nothing to do with other leaders and everything to do with your President.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There is a difference between an elected leader and a statesman. Trump will never be the latter

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

The whole AMERICA FIRST campaign push eliminated that.
Or did everyone forget that?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So you will kindly post the evidence you have that trump did not want to attend?
You really believe he gets online and makes the helicopter reservation dont you?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join