It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Rewey
a reply to: soundguy

I'm a bit confused. Earlier this year, deranged lefties in the US tore down statues commemorating fallen American soldiers who fought and died. I don't remember this sort of disdain and outrage then?

But Trump is evil because he didn't attend another such memorial? Would there be outrage if Antifa tore that down too?

Oh come off it. Trump was not attending a memorial for the Confederacy. Not even he is that stupid. The two examples are not analogous at all.

Confederates were still Americans fighting for something they believed in, and like it or not they had a far greater impact on the American identity than those fighting in ww1. Just because you don't agree with their cause doesn't diminish that.

I was a former history teacher, with a history professor and two war historians in the family. If you don't think that the 'good guys' did some pretty horrible things during war (any wars), then you're kidding yourself. But they're still honoured, which I 100% agree with - I've also had family fight in every major war since ww1.

What? Seriously What the Freak?

How in the hell do soldiers that fought for a failed rebellion have a “far greater” impact on American Identity than the soldiers of WW1?

WW1 is remembered by all Americans, Confederate soldiers are only remembered by hillbillies and red necks. Damn you must have been a #ty history teacher

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Some rumors of a possible security breach too.

But he would run ever so bravely TOWARDS a school shooter, surely a little rain spittle and the odd security breach is no threat to his magnanimous greatness??

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: soundguy

Ugh

Your sources have as much cancer as your op.

Geez, your predictable. If you see something about Trump that bothers you, you do not confront the possibility that he is a #ty person, you stick your head up your ass and criticize the messenger. If you don’t like the source the OP gave you, how about this one from Fox News:

Trump cancels due to rain

Hmmm, your posting history is fairly similar.

Interesting. Oh yes, the post.

I clicked on them and was bombarded with a gazillion adds.

Yea, helicopter in rain is a bad idea. Pretty sure that wasn't his call along with costing the government over there a wad of cash to have him driven there at a moments notice.

Good enough for you pumpkin?

You fools never cease to show how dense you can be.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I understand the part about the helicopter not being able to fly in the rain...HOWEVER..... this happened just hours after that public spat with his french counterpart.

here is a quote from someone who worked with obama about planning trips for the president

Ben Rhodes, a former senior staffer to Barack Obama, tweeted: ‘I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for eight years. There is always a rain option. Always. Trump will use the US military for a pre-election political stunt but sits in his hotel instead of honoring those who fought and died for America.’

edit on 11-11-2018 by research100 because: spelling and added a space

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Do I need to point out the glaring differences here?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Trump has attended the main ceremony so let's hope the earlier lack of attendance was simply a misunderstanding or a genuine security matter.

Time to give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

In security matters, the President has nothing to say in the matter. Nothing.

That is the Secret Service, and, in the case of the helicopter, the command pilot. Period.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A quote I saw from twitter that kinda highlights the hypocrisy of some on the right.

"If a football player kneeling during the national anthem is an act of disrespect to our military, what is it when the President of the United States refuses to go to the cemetery to honor fallen soldiers because of a little rain?"

I don't agree with the kneeling even though its their right but if you're going to call what the football player did unpatriotic then what the President did was also unpatriotic. Please for the love of GOD, call a spade a spade, the President of the United States is not perfect. Call him out when he's wrong and shout out loud from the highest mountain when he does something good. Some of you are making the right look like mindless zombies.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

Neither one are acts of disrespect. Both are FREEDOMS. Y'all need to get the hell over it.

You want to kneel for the anthem. Do it.
You want to skip a war memorial wreath-laying ceremony. Do it.

Let's not make this a bigger deal than what it is because our political panties are still tied in a knot from 2016....

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Trump has attended the main ceremony so let's hope the earlier lack of attendance was simply a misunderstanding or a genuine security matter.

Time to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The secret service said they had security issues. This makes me wonder if there was not a threat that they chose not to publicize. If that is the case then I take back what I said earlier about Trump. As you can see he's not very popular in France since even Macron basically attacked him in his speech today.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Those hillbillies and rednecks are Americans as well.
You throw around labels like a clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow, so you guys worship a man who isn’t smart enough to plan for a rain contingency. God help us if we ever suffer a major catastrophe. Maybe tRump needs to page out of the better mans playbook. He seemed to have a better grasp on things. thehill.com... a reply to: seagull

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Wow, so you guys worship a man who isn’t smart enough to plan for a rain contingency. God help us if we ever suffer a major catastrophe. Maybe tRump needs to page out of the better mans playbook. He seemed to have a better grasp on things. thehill.com... a reply to: seagull

You beieve potus makes the travel plans?
And you have the stones to call out any one else?
What a special world you inhabit!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

hehehehe, Yes very convenient isn't it?

Naturally the SS won't allow him run into a school shooting or visit a sacred site no matter hard that mighty bone spurred warrior swings at them to let him go in

edit on 11-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Neither one are acts of disrespect. Both are FREEDOMS. Y'all need to get the hell over it.

Let's not make this a bigger deal than what it is because our political panties are still tied in a knot from 2016....

A2D

Thank You. I hope those on the right who were against the kneeling during the anthem agrees with what you're saying.

Ps. Are you saying you wear panties? I wear boxers.Thought I would share

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
when i woke up this morning, Trump not visiting a memorial was slated to have zero impact on my life.

I suspect when I lay my head down to rest, it will have had no more impact on my life. Other than if i choose to bicker about it with people on the internet.

LMAO

Millions paid the ultimate sacrifice and gave their lives so you exist, let alone woke up or had a freedom to be so disrespectful to not honour the fallen. We all owe them our lives and aren't fit to lick their boots. Those who forget are doomed.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

A2D

Thank You. I hope those on the right who were against the kneeling during the anthem agrees with what you're saying.

Ps. Are you saying you wear panties? I wear boxers.Thought I would share

I also hope those on the left that defended Kaepernick saying it's not an insult will also see this as "not an insult".

That's the stupidity of the entire thing. The left defended Kaepernick while the right flamed. Now, the right defend Trump while the left flame. Both sides are hypocrites...always have been.

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Remembrance Day is a BIG thing over here.

Its exactly 100 years to the day since the end of WWI.
It's about showing respect to all those who served and paid the ultimate price.

European leaders always make an extra effort on Remembrance Sunday....seems your President is above such things.

I visited my local Cenotaph today and observed the silence and laying of wreaths along with many locals, ex-Serviceman and serving personnel.

It may not be a BIG thing to you....it is to us.

edit on 11/11/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just curious.

Did ya'll make a fuss about this too?

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The British BBC put in a negative spin as they seem to do. Now the security of that trip was in doubt so of course your President needs protecting.

A British minister has appeared to join growing criticism of US President Donald Trump's decision to miss a memorial event on Saturday due to rain. Defence Minister Tobias Ellwood took an apparent swipe at the president on Twitter, saying "rain did not prevent our brave heroes from doing their job". Mr Trump is in France to commemorate the centenary of World War One's end. He cancelled a visit to a US military cemetery, but the White House said other senior officials went instead. It said the bad weather grounded the presidential helicopter and cited security concerns in hastily arranging a motorcade for the two-hour drive east of Paris.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join