It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Lab4Us

Good grief...Carter? I thought you were younger than that...

lol, no. Actually enlisted under Ford, but it was already Oct 76, with Carter elected in November.

Just always made an effort to stay abreast of technology and social issues. There’s another thread running about how millennials can’t find anything without a GPS. Was seriously debating throwing out some eight digit grid coordinates to explain a location, but wasn’t sure if I’d be financially liable for “mind blown”. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time in the 80s and been able to stay ahead of technology since.

The effort (and historical experience) is why I can keep Obama and Trump in perspective relative to the military, as well as other achievements and detriments.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Whether intentional or not, you gotta give Trump credit. This is certainly distracting from his callous remarks about the fires in California.

That said, when even Trudeau is calling you out for being a pussy...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: underpass61

You should make a thread about it, this one's about Trump...

You're right, I gotta learn to keep my rage focused.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: soundguy

Not to go too far off topic, but this picture from your linked article is priceless!

The couple were due to make the approximate 50-mile journey from the French capital to the 42-acre site in the Hauts-de-France region by helicopter.

A motorcade from the heart of Paris would have been a logistical nightmare and it appears it was not possible due to time constraints.

The statement added: "An American delegation led by Chief of Staff General John Kelly and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joe Dunford will attend on their behalf.”

Looks to be a logistical problem, not made around Trump's hair, this time.

I wouldn't ride with him either, based on this picture... lol

Sides... Trump is an old man. Rain would give him pneumonia lol

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

You should get help for that...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I hate to bring this up, but weather is a legit excuse when you're traveling by helicopter. Helis can't fly in virtually any kind of weather like a plane can.

I know this won't matter to most of you because you just want to hate Trump, but I figured I'd throw the information out there for the open-minded members.

you're wasting your time explaining but let's try again for the sake of it

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: roadgravel

The only way to respect them is with a publicized virtue signalling?

That would seem to be the thrust of Trump's "virtue signal OR ELSE" doctrine:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!

9:06 AM - 26 Sep 2017

17,951 Retweets 83,575 Likes

If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL,or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect....

2:11 PM - 23 Sep 2017

43,385 Retweets 173,328 Likes

...our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU'RE FIRED. Find something else to do!

2:18 PM - 23 Sep 2017

38,410 Retweets 151,784 Likes

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Two scoops of ice cream usually does the trick

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Two scoops of ice cream usually does the trick

Don't eat it in the rain just in case it melts ....

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Like you deranged Leftists care about honoring the military.
You guys wipe your asses with this country’s flag on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Trips to France always brings out the best in US presidents. Remember when Obama ogled the teen girl during one of his visits? If you want to talk about embarrassments....................

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

This is so ludicrously untrue that I'm posting the quote and then laughing at it. Loudly.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

This is so ludicrously untrue that I'm posting the quote and then laughing at it. Loudly.

Cool story.
I have been laughing at Leftist clowns for a long, long time.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Giant manbaby

He flew across the Atlantic, but instead of doing something meaningful and symbolic and honoring our war dead - he has to have a grand pout

Because - France was mean to him

And because this does nothing for his base

link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Cool story.
I have been laughing at Leftist clowns for a long, long time.

And I have been pointing and laughing at deranged right-wing lunatics for a long time as well.

link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: rickymouse

Like that stops any of us??

Yeah, but they really do not like Trump over in Paris because he withdrew us from the climate innitiative and also from giving money to Iran. Now I would not even be over there myself if I were him.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Since when do Progs give a snip about the military? Also if ya'll cared so much, why are you trying to undo everything they fought and died for? You know,,,, Liberty and Freedom?

Correct - progs are all about ripping down monuments, ignoring history and using the dead for votes, but now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe they give a sh!t about dead people?

LOL, thats rich.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Correct - progs are all about ripping down monuments, ignoring history and using the dead for votes, but now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe they give a sh!t about dead people?

Yes

Do you have any idea what you're saying? How god awful that war was?

The fact that you think so little of people who disagree with you shows exactly where we are

You should be ashamed

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: seeker1963

Since when do Progs give a snip about the military? Also if ya'll cared so much, why are you trying to undo everything they fought and died for? You know,,,, Liberty and Freedom?

LOL, thats rich.

This is so astonishingly ignorant that I barely know where to start.
The memorials that were pulled down in various Southern states were to Confederate generals and others - men who fought a doomed war to preserve slavery. They fought for the wrong cause and they lost, but a lot of those statues were put up decades after the war to underline the fact that Jim Crow laws were in place.
And by the way, yes, people do care about the dead who gave their lives for freedom. People on the left, and the right and the centre. I am very tired of idiots who claim that 'leftists' do not respect the war dead.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lol the comedy in this rant topic is... The same people that whine kapernick, had a right to kneel for the national anthem And praised him for it. Trump on the other hand who has the right to not goto a gravesite in the rain, has the wrath of a wounded dying god focused at him. Hypocrites...

It’s kinda sad and funny to see it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join