It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: roadgravel

Since it is the tenth of November, not the eleventh...he's still got time.

That was not directed primarily at Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

APPLAUSE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Fair 'nough.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I hate to bring this up, but weather is a legit excuse when you're traveling by helicopter. Helis can't fly in virtually any kind of weather like a plane can.

I know this won't matter to most of you because you just want to hate Trump, but I figured I'd throw the information out there for the open-minded members.

What "information" is that? Weather can be an issue with flying helicopters but exactly how bad is the weather in the area? Looks like winds of about 10-12 mph and light rain right now. I see no indication that it was bad earlier either:

Trump cancels Armistice cemetery visit 'due to bad weather'

Sky's Europe correspondent Mark Stone tweeted: "On the face of it, it does seem odd that @realDonaldTrump has cancelled a trip to US war cemetery east of Paris 'due to bad weather'. I'm no expert on flying presidential choppers but the weather's clearing up in Paris. To the east 70% chance of rain at cemetery this afternoon."

So yes, while it's true that bad weather can ground helicopters, 10 mph winds and a drizzle aren't grounding anything. But let's say they were just being super cautious. Everyone else made it:

A delegation from the US including chief of staff General John Kelly and chairman of the joint chiefs of staff General Joe Dunford went instead, the White House added.

Because there are these things called cars.

White House decision to cancel veteran's cemetery on France visit creates a storm of its own

White House chief of staff John Kelly and Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the roughly 50-mile long trip to the cemetery in a small motorcade of vehicles. The drive took about 90 minutes each way. Separately, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel traveled a similar distance by car to a commemorative event in northern France.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You'd manage come up with a reason to be outraged if he went!

Don't try and deny it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
double trouble post.
The lag is real...
edit on 10-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: AboveBoard

Just wondering, are you?

No, I would not have. Since it's nothing even vaguely resembling such.

Nope. I’m trolling.

Like you guys do.

MAYBE I SHOULD DO IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS OF OUTRAGE?!?!?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

there's a lot of pretty stupid comments like this on this site trumps busy schedule doesn't allow for 3 hours out of it the flight would have taken about 10 mins the service give a hr then 10 min back its nothing to do with standing in the rain so put your hatred away and use your common sense

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Macron canceled also?
If so stfu

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The only way to respect them is with a publicized virtue signalling?

I am not someone reverent enough to care. He aint peeing on headstones

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

Of course he'll skip it... he's very fat so doesn't want his moobs showing through his wet white shirt.
He doesn't want to get a flop down from his quiff combover getting wet.

Sadly, umbrellas are just too hard for him

Give the guy a break.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: soundguy
I’m sure the trump sycophants will give him a pass as they always do. As we all know they only love the troops when it’s politically prudent to do so.

Could trump be more of an national embarrassment if tried? I don’t think so. I had hopes he would actually take the job seriously, who was I kidding, he’s a bad joke.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Oh, if you would like to see what a real president looks like (who actually loved the troops) here you go. Speaking of, has the tub of lard occupying the White House even bothered to visit the troops over seas?
www.cbs8.com...

You would crap yourself silly if you had to go through what our elders went through in World war 1.... Also, maybe take into consideration flying conditions and weather conditions too knob head!

I have had enough of being polite with internet armchair generals...

Lags

What does that have to do with what the OP posted..Keep your emotions out of it..wow

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't care whether or how you care. Your life.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s always nice to see a rwnj make a fool of themselves trying to prognosticate about others. Im a veteran, as almost every male in my family has been since we came here in the early 1600’s. We have a strong sense of duty. And strongly frown upon those who are faux patriots, like the current occupant of the whitehouse. Oh looky here. How did they manage to brave the weather. Anyway, the president should set an example and not have to rely on losers on the internet to justify his bad decisions.

mobile.twitter.com... %2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F100211408760

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Ah, now I remember you. The last time this beta and I got into an argument, he was trying to pass off his opinion as fact and for whatever reason, he brought up some old story about how he had poor training and poor leadership during his military tenure, so much that Soldiers got injured do to recklessness and inept chain of command.

Naw, you don't know duty if if hit you smack center in your face. Just another profiler leeching off the system.

Talk about faux patriot.

edit on 10-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The commander in chief, the leader of the military can't make a memorial for fallen soldiers, obviously these fallen soldiers were not worthy of remembrance in the eyes of Trump and his supporters....

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: theantediluvian

You'd manage come up with a reason to be outraged if he went!

Don't try and deny it.

Not as long as he didn't do anything un-American/Satanic like chewing gum or wearing a tan suit.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The commander in chief, the leader of the military can't make a memorial for fallen soldiers, obviously these fallen soldiers were not worthy of remembrance in the eyes of Trump and his supporters....

Yeah, damn him. First time that's ever happened too! Oh wait -

Washington Post - President Obama will skip Memorial Day visit to Arlington National Cemetery

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Your point being...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The commander in chief, the leader of the military can't make a memorial for fallen soldiers, obviously these fallen soldiers were not worthy of remembrance in the eyes of Obama and his supporters....

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

You should make a thread about it, this one's about Trump...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join